It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light or moderate quake in Bay Area

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Was talking on the phone with a friend in the Bay Area, and they got a good jolt and 10 ssconds or so of shaking.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
NWS says 4.5 near Walnut Creek.

USGS has it at Pleasant Hill. Depth of 14km.

Pretty close to my friend. Might have been pretty weak in SF proper.
edit on 15-10-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

(post by EternalSolace removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: RadioRobert
NWS says 4.5 near Walnut Creek.

USGS has it at Pleasant Hill. Depth of 14km.

Pretty close to my friend. Might have been pretty weak in SF proper.

Confirm some nonsense shaken into Pelosi, and you’d be a hero...

It'll take more than a 4.5 to shake sense into pretty much any of our politicians.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Two small quakes within 10 minutes of each other in the Bay Area.

Probably nothing.

But it does make one...uneasy.

Stay safe!

4.5 followed a 2.3 by just 10 minutes.

Foreshocks?
edit on 15-10-2019 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I'm glad I live where earthquakes are rare.

I've missed several quakes in CA by a day or two. I've always wanted to experience a small one. No desire to feel a big one!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I live about 90-100 miles east of San Francisco, just outside Sacramento, quakes are very rare here as well.

News reports say that the 4.5 was felt by some in both Sacramento and as far as Roseville, which is slightly northeast of me.

I felt nothing of these two little tremors.

I was in Sacramento during the Loma Prieta quake 25 years ago, and THAT one was definitely felt!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I missed the Landers quake by a few hours. I was in transit and everyone was abuzz when I came in. I was hoping for an aftershock while I was there, and it decided it'd be better to wait until 13 hours after I left. A few bigger aftershocks in the next week. Of course...

Similar experience with one felt in Yuma. Got there and everyone was in a tizzy.

Was in CA another time when a very minor one occurred. Some people reportedly felt it in town, but noone I was with (including me) felt anything.

One of these days, I'll catch one. I'm over there enough. Hopefully a small one.
edit on 15-10-2019 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There was apparently a 4.8 about 90 miles to the south today on the San Andreas. Interesting.

We're a couple days away from the 30 yr anniversary of the Loma Prieta or World Series quake. It occurs to me that man people online weren't alive or weren't old enough to remember that one.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

I'm glad I live where earthquakes are rare.

I've missed several quakes in CA by a day or two. I've always wanted to experience a small one. No desire to feel a big one!

I moved to the SF Bay Area in 1989 right after the Loma Prieta quake. We had some aftershocks but nothing really bad.

But on a business trip to LA a few months before I moved to Palo Alto, there was a 5+ quake. What really surprised me was that I expected the ground to shake/vibrate but it didn't do that. The entire ground *moved* side to side like a funhouse ride...scared the bejesus out of me.

My jaded CA friends laughed at me when I bolted thru the lobby to get outside to the parking lot. I was afraid of collapse and my world was rocked. Took me a minute to realize why it bothered me so much and then I realized - certain things we totally take for granted. Air, water and good old terra firma - with an emphasis on the firma.

new topics

top topics

join