It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School turns down free Chick-fil-A lunch ‘out of respect for LGBTQ staff’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I don’t understand why society has come to the point where we have to agree with each other on everything or we can’t be friends. Society didn’t embrace that level of stupid in the past.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

well thank God they don't reproduce........

(see what I did there?? huh? Huh?)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gyo01

Eating Chick-fil-A will make you Christian, a Trump supporter and go straight.

People need to stay away!

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don’t understand why society has come to the point where we have to agree with each other on everything or we can’t be friends. Society didn’t embrace that level of stupid in the past.

the reason is simple.

There's a saying that, "If you agree with someone 100% then one of you isn't doing any of the thinking."

They (the leftists, progressives, communists, etc) don't want you to think.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
They closed on Sunday is that not proof of their bigotry?

Hopefully this slips past the Chinese censors....

Jk don't cancel me.

Barbers are closed on Mondays are they bigots too?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

That might make sense if Christianity had remained static.. it has not.

So I’m not seeing saying “ Christianity cannot chandevtheir traditions or they are no longer a religion” as a valid argument.

I think ALL of this is VERY MUCH so only about the money... just like every other conspiracy theory that makes sense..

They get a discount from their insurance company if they cover less stuff...

It is funny these “religious freedom” things are never corporations fighting to spend more money.. lol..

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am divided on this subject on one hand I don't want to boycott friends or businesses because of their political or religious ideals on the other hand I still shop through Amazon even though I don't agree with their business practices, reception of corporate welfare and how they treat their employees.

do any of you guys boycott businesses because of any of these reasons?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

I don't boycott any business.

Why punish some poor shlub trying to make a buck just because the CEO of his company doesn't like. . . say veterans.

I might as well start stabbing kittens because a mountain lion once ate a distant relative.

It's stupid, virtue signaling, weenie-assed pansy crap.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

On one hand I feel the same way on the other I struggle with supporting a business that does not treat their employees fairly.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Chick-Fil-A corporate contributes to political efforts to take away the civil rights of LGBT+ Americans. The school choose not to recognize Chick-Fil-A because of this fact.

What's the problem?

Also, why should Mosques be required to host same-sex weddings? Churches aren't required to do so. Synagogues aren't.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

On the other hand, why should I give my money to a company that is spending at least some tiny fraction of that money to take away my civil rights?

And why would you care if I did so?

And why would it be "stupid, virtue signalling, weenie-assed pansy crap" for me to make that choice?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Wait what, I had to google that Chik a fil is against same sex marriage, not sure how a corporate name can have an opinion on anything, it appears it was the COO who dropped this wisdom on us.

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that. ... We want to do anything we possibly can to strengthen families. We are very much committed to that," Cathy emphasized. "We intend to stay the course," he said. "We know that it might not be popular with everyone, but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles.

I suppose we can reverse your argument about why not accept food from a particular outlet (myself I would have no problem getting free food), why would a business not accept money because of who someone sleeps with?

My own take is not popular (well the sky fairy did give me ginger hair) can ALL religions please be consigned to the myth and fantasy section of books, none of them should hold the power to make people not tolerate someone else, yet they ALL do, maybe this means I end up in hell despite treating everyone in my life with respect and bringing my son up to do the same but because I am fair to Gays, my niece is lesbian and in a same sex relationship or becuase I had a child out of wedlock or even befreinded a divorcee I must be the spawn of satan, seems like tolerance is a lesson ALL religions could do with.

Religions should not hold the power to make people not tolerate someone else, eh??? So that sounds like you agree with this bunch that public schools SHOULD hold the power to make students not tolerate someone else, namely Christians and Conservatives...I got ya now...

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

On one hand I feel the same way on the other I struggle with supporting a business that does not treat their employees fairly.

*shrugs*

Okay.

Don't give them your business then I suppose.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Would you give money to a company that supported efforts to take away your right to marry the person of your choice?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

On the other hand, why should I give my money to a company that is spending at least some tiny fraction of that money to take away my civil rights?

And why would it be "stupid, virtue signalling, weenie-assed pansy crap" for me to make that choice?

It's my opinion, Scooter.

I'm "entitled" to it.

You're entitled to yours.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Chick-Fil-A corporate contributes to political efforts to take away the civil rights of LGBT+ Americans. The school choose not to recognize Chick-Fil-A because of this fact.

What's the problem?

Also, why should Mosques be required to host same-sex weddings? Churches aren't required to do so. Synagogues aren't.

The problem is they are forcing students who don't agree with them to boycott Christians and Conservatives...And secondly, the push is on and has been for a while to push Christian churches to accept and promote same sex marriages...But never mosques...

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

No, no one is being forced to boycott Christians and Conservatives. What does that even mean?

The school is refusing to endorse Chick-Fil-A by allowing them to "give free food" out to the students and faculty.

The school didn't make rules that students can't eat at Chick-Fil-A, go to church or watch Fox News.

I'd be glad to see evidence of this push to force Christian churches to promote same-sex marriages you're referring to, because that would be unconstitutional if it were to happen.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's my opinion, Scooter.

I'm "entitled" to it.

You're entitled to yours.

Well, you know what opinions are like ...

... and you're welcome to your opinion of course. I'm not sure why you have to express it in such an assish way, but hey, what the heck.

Again, why do you care? Nobody says that you have to boycott anything. Why do you care what someone else does?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't really care if someone boycotts, just observing the futility of the useless gesture.

Is Chick-fil-A going out of business?

No.

But candy-asses will still feel like their doing something to avoid getting tasty chicken sandwiches.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

It's not even Chick-fil-A, but a statement by their owner ... one statement.

Which restaurant was it that normally does not open on Sundays that did open the Sunday after Pulse nightclub and delivered food to those waiting to give blood?

It wasn't McD's.

edit on 12-10-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join