It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone seen an angel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
has anyone really seen an angel..if so,what did they look like.There was an article on tv about this and my wife was really interested.Whether in a near death experince or in normal day life..just curious

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Though I have never seen an angel ,I can say that I Have felt there presence around me, On many occasions I have called a upon them for help...

And in times of real need they have let me know they are there,

Some will argue this is imagination,)

But to me and to those who have experienced such an event can tell you that they really are there looking out for you

Heres a few links you may be intrested in reading,

Encounters with Angels

And.

Tuning Into Angels

[edit on 7-3-2005 by asala]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I used to seen them when I was a child, and they were the way I wanted them to look like, just like in the pictures and paintings in the church.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yes. About 14 years ago I awoke from sleep one night to see a light like the aurora borialis hovering at the foot of my bed (about 2ft wide and 5ft high). Within this wavering light I could see a figure outlined by brighter light (like a person standing in front of a flood light would look), you couldn't see bodily details, just the outline. I immediately "knew" it was an angel, like I was informed unconsciously somehow. I took this figure to be "female" as I saw an outline of long flowing hair, and the voice tone was that of a woman. She was speaking softly in a language I couldn't understand, but the tone was peaceful and comforting. The figure remained for about 2-3 minutes then slowly vanished. I experienced a sense of profound joy during the time and was never at all fearful of what I was seeing. The experience is still quite vivid in my memory and I think about it often. I have never heard any language that resembles what I heard. I still wonder what she was saying to me.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Lights.......

but not like the light that we know.....A pale lemon yellow ball of light that seemed solid, like I can touch it.

History...or an explanation

In November 1988 some strange things started to happen to me. My only sister Cathy had moved out of home and got married so I claimed her room as my own.

I could never sleep in the room though, I always felt not alone and lay under the covers in fear some nights that someone was in the room with me. I commented one morning about this to my parents and my dad, to my shock agreed with me and said he could never sleep in that room when mum was sick and he was staying in there while she recoverd.

One night I went to bed as usual and started drifting between being awake and asleep and all of a sudden I felt like I was in a vortex. I felt my self lose control and I opened my eyes and I was floating above the bed. I panicked, thinking that I was dying and fought my way back to the bed, the force was strong though and I started floating out to the side again. I fought it for a minute and then i sat bolt upright in bed, freezing....icy cold...my skin was blue and I had never felt so cold or such cold skin in my life.

I layed there stunned, thinking about my experience and then sat bolt upright in bed again.

In front of my eyes at the foot of the bed was the yellow floating light... a kind of elliptical ball small enough for me to put my arms around if I wished. A weird glow and presense came from it and I looked at the light and smiled, all of a sudden a peace came over me like never before and the thought went through my head that I wasn't afraid of dying anymore.

Four days later my only sister was killed in a car accident. I believe the experience was to prepare me for the events that were to come. When she died I had to identify her body and then go and tell my parents. It was a shock time for all of us but the experience I had those few days before kept me going and gave me an inner peace and understanding.

Since then I have had many of the same or similiar experiences.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
thanks very much for sharing..i believe they are real.How could we survive in this sinful world without help from above..Bless you all!!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This is the story where I post it in fortean times forum last year

forteantimes.com...

My sighting was very the same as partyof1 so I will analyze and compare these two:
P: "Yes. About 14 years ago I awoke from sleep one night"
me too awoke that night, it was still night
P:" to see a light like the aurora borialis hovering at the foot of my bed (about 2ft wide and 5ft high)."
Right words at the foot of my bed, a little to the right I was sleeping at the right side of king size bed
P:"Within this wavering light I could see a figure outlined by brighter light (like a person standing in front of a flood light would look), "
Yes it was iluminated being, I could see through it but it was dense it was almost material. But iw was producing this light on his own.
P:"you couldn't see bodily details, just the outline. I immediately "knew" it was an angel, like I was informed unconsciously somehow."
Me too was thinking this only could be an angel.
P:" I took this figure to be "female" as I saw an outline of long flowing hair, and the voice tone was that of a woman."
She was very beatiful female with a red hair, like smiling at me, and kind of sad.
P:"She was speaking softly in a language I couldn't understand, but the tone was peaceful and comforting. The figure remained for about 2-3 minutes then slowly vanished."
Difference, mine didn't speak I was shocked not frightened, shocked, so when she noticed I seen her she started to fly across the room and through the curtain and through the window (closed as it was november night), I have goose pimples on writing this, that was being with mind, personality and integrity, she just couldn't believe I saw her somehow

P:"I experienced a sense of profound joy during the time and was never at all fearful of what I was seeing. The experience is still quite vivid in my memory and I think about it often. I have never heard any language that resembles what I heard. I still wonder what she was saying to me.
"
Please go to link and read more on this, there is one more seeing on this forteantimes forum, too.
I was sorry she flew away, but I know angels are real.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
one of my moms friend's was asleep on her couch at her house and her husband took a picture and when it was developed or whatever it had a angel in the garden (which you could see through from the window) but her husbands says he didnt see it when he took it. he also says it wasnt photoshoped or anything. it also doesnt look faked or anything it looks really really real.

next time i see him ill ask to borrow it or for him to e-mail it to me and ill show it to you guys.
PS i also saw that show on angels (well i saw one on fox, it was a unsolved mistory show)

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Once it was a guy in an emerald green robe. He gave me two sentences of advice and disappeared.

Second time, very usual person it seemed. Went through a change before ascending...

Side note -
Though not seen, an ugly fall biking downhill head first to asphalt was cushioned by one. Walked away thinking I was glad the angel was there. The angel? What angel? I hadn't even thought about angels in years. Surprised I walked away without anything broken or unconcious since my foot got wrapped up in the spokes.

I'm looney, my imagination, blah blah blah, fine whatever, I'm used to it. Just being honest.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partyof1
Yes. About 14 years ago I awoke from sleep one night to see a light like the aurora borialis hovering at the foot of my bed (about 2ft wide and 5ft high). Within this wavering light I could see a figure outlined by brighter light (like a person standing in front of a flood light would look), you couldn't see bodily details, just the outline. I immediately "knew" it was an angel, like I was informed unconsciously somehow. I took this figure to be "female" as I saw an outline of long flowing hair, and the voice tone was that of a woman. She was speaking softly in a language I couldn't understand, but the tone was peaceful and comforting. The figure remained for about 2-3 minutes then slowly vanished. I experienced a sense of profound joy during the time and was never at all fearful of what I was seeing. The experience is still quite vivid in my memory and I think about it often. I have never heard any language that resembles what I heard. I still wonder what she was saying to me.

My mother saw something like that when she got me (got preagnant)... Except they were three (I think...) and speaking something to her... But she described like you, aurora boreal light, except she saw something like wings of light... Personally I think they appear the best way possible to different people, lights to some, humans to another, etc...

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I got my answer last night.My wife had an unusual experience last night.Without being specific,she was led by what she called dark angels(black shaped) after that she was sent back, in which she met what she called angels of light.She couldn't see them,but rather felt or knew they were there.Many of them.Said everyone has angels watching over them.When they left ,One angel different then the others talked to her while she was awake.She didn't have to speak,but he knew .Answered certain questions about the kids,but said the other questions were in gray areas,he coulnd't see.She said they were like spirits.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
my mam saw an angel when she was in hospital it was at the end of her bed it had these huge wings covering her she said she could kinda see it and fell its presence

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
She has now talked to them for the last two nights.She calls them & after about a 1/2 hour,one appears.Just a presence.Just a feeling,then answers questions,the ones he is able to.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by silver wolverine
She has now talked to them for the last two nights.She calls them & after about a 1/2 hour,one appears.Just a presence.Just a feeling,then answers questions,the ones he is able to.

Interesting. I have questions if comfortable discussing. How does she feel? How she know they're from God? What kind of advice has see been receiving (without specifics)?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i was blessed with the appearance of an angel at a very very dark time in my life and it changed me for the better.

i had been divorced for a little over a yr........after 15yrs of marriage. i was a mess. spent too much time trying to numb the pain i felt by drinking and taking prescription pharmaceuticals. hoping and praying for death.

i was driving home on I-75N and was involved in a car accident. fortunately no other car was involved. the car flipped 3 times and came to rest in the 75Sbound lane in oncoming traffic. it was late with little traffic on the road. i came too and there were 3 men trying to help me. they were afraid to move me but scared i would get hit because it was dark.

the car WAS hit but again none of my rescuers were injured. they helped me across the road to sit against another car while waiting for the ambulance and troopers to arrive.

one of them in a faded orange t-shirt, blue jean shorts,k blonde with bright bright blue eyes came over and knelt beside me and asked if he could pray with me. i was shocked that a stranger would ask me that and felt lucky that i had someone there that was a christian.

so i said yes of course............he prayed a very short prayer asking for comfort for me and strength to face the challenges ahead. he then leaned forward and said "angie........your life in the next 2yrs is going to be incredibely difficult and you are going to want to give up......but GOD is with you and he will NOT let you falter........do NOT lose faith angie he is with you always......you may give up on yourself but he will NEVER give up on you. be strong."

i thought his words odd..........just when i was getting ready to ask what that meant.......... a trooper walked up and asked me for my driver's license. so i turned my head handed it to him and then turned back to my prayer friend and he was gone.

i asked if anyone had seen him leave..........and another person said "huhhh that's weird where'd he go because the direction he headed there's no cars parked....where'd he go??"

he just disappeared.

you ask..............what's so weird about that????? he called me by my name 2x.................i hadn't told ANYONE my name. the message he gave me came to pass............

the next 2yrs were the darkest of my entire life..........i lost my job. was unemployeed for 18months.....lost every material possession i had.....my teenage daughter got pregant and dropped out of highschool.....i tried to commit suicide on 5 different occasions because i HAD lost faith in myself. i became addicted to the meds that were supposed to be helping me.

when i tried to commit suicide each time i took 3x the dosage that SHOULD have killed me AND combined with alcohol and each time.........i woke up the next morning........cursing and wondering WHY was i still alive.

i moved myself and daughter back home to my parents.

its been 3yrs ago last month that this happened to me..........

even though i gave up on myself............GOD never gave up on me. the message given to me was to hang on........GOD would get me through.....and he did.

my daughter got her GED. and is on the dean's list finishing up her 2nd yr of college. my grandgirl is almost 2. the joy and light of my life. i have been free and clear of my addiction to pharmaceuticals for 2 and 1/2 yrs. i have been employeed now for almost 2yrs. i'm slowly getting back on my feet financially.

i found an inner strength in myself that i didn't realize i had. of course GOD and his angel knew it all along. i have kicked my demons and put them behind me. i have reminded myself over and over of my message that i received from the angel in the faded orange t-shirt with the brightest brightest brightest blue eyes i've ever seen.

i thank god that he loved me enough to send an angel to warn me of my impending future and to remind me that i WOULD survive.

so YES ...........i believe in angels and i seen one!

angie

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i'm bumping to the top.............i would like more responses on this too.

has anyone else seen angels?

angie

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I just remembered, I think I saw what was an angel, although in human form... It was like this:

Me and my mom were in a city where there was some beaches, one day we found a woman who told that behind some rocks there were a more beautiful beach, so this woman helped us get there, when we got there the beach was horrible and when we turned to look for the woman and she was gone so me and my mom had to go back all by ourselves. When we were getting back, there was a rock very tall and my mom couldn't get me up there and she couldn't get there either, so there was, me and my mom stuck between two rocks and the tide was comming up. But, suddenly a man and his son appeared out of nowhere and got us out of there, but when we were safe and turned to say thanks to them they vanished, nowhere to be found. We went back to the house we were staying and couldn't find that woman anymore... It was pretty weird, people appearing and desappearing like that...

Yeah, I think they were angels... They helped us when there was nobody to and vanished without saying anything or leaving trace behind... They sure did an angel's job anyway...

At that time I was very little...

[edit on 29-3-2005 by ArchangelRaziel]

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I know someone who can always see angels. Altough this is hard to beleive, anyone can see them with the right spiritual training. Demons too.
I will ask my friend what they look like. I will then post his discription here.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I don't know if this thread is the appropriate place to put this story

I was living in England for most of 2004. I stayed in a house (obviously) in a small town. It was a two bedroom house and I slept in the smaller bedroom. I knew for a while that there was a man who lived in the house before the current owner purchased it. The man had hung himself. (10 years or so ago) in the house. I never had a problem and felt fine in the house. But one day towards the end of the summer I was lying in bed relaxing. I was lying on my right side. I have very long hair and I felt something move my hair a bit. Then I felt (or what felt like) a hand stroke my hair from my temples. It didn't really scare me too much but it did startle me enough to move and look up. I saw nothing and laid my head back down.

When I came back to usa I told my mom what happened. She strongly believes in angels and told me it had to have been my guardian angel since I felt no fear. So it may be possible it was my guardian angel, a ghost, or the possibility that my mind was playing tricks.

[edit on 30-3-2005 by alexia]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It was Christmas Eve.

For the past 5 or 6 months I had been working as a volunteer at a "food kitchen". The food was prepared by another team of volunteers. My team, usually, was to stand behind the counter and help dish up food. Then wash dishes, and clean up after.

At Christmas time an all Jewish team came to volunteer their services so that the Christian volunteers could celebrate Christmas with their families. They put on a wonderful homemade turkey dinner with all the fixings.

Usually we fed the people by the "cafeteria" method, but on Christmas they took their places at the festively decorated tables, and were waited on by volunteers from the community. I volunteered for this particular Christmas Eve.

Generally we fed about 150 people for supper every night. Christmas Eve was no different. No questions were ever asked of anyone who showed up for dinner. The only restriction was no drinking. Those who were already incapacitated were not seated either. There were no children either, there were other places where children and their parents were fed.

I am religious and Christmas is a wonderful and glorious time for me. At different times during the day I had been meditating on Joseph and Mary on their trip to Bethlehem and not being able to find food or housing once they got there. My mind was focused on Mary and her being so tired, cold and hungry and poor Joseph wanting to help make her comfortable.

When I arrived at the shelter, I found other volunteers. Some families with their children. I expect it was a lesson in helping others for the children.

As I stood at the counter waiting to fill my tray with plates of food to be delivered to the tables, I noticed a family come into the dining room. A young couple with a little girl.

We understood that they were homeless and had no place to stay and nothing to eat. While some of the administration were taking the time to figure out where to place these people, the little girl started to wonder around through the tables.

She was a lovely little girl and with her beautiful smile was wishing all these poor beaten down people a "Merry Christmas". And the smile she got in return would have burst your heart. Men and women that I had never seen smile before. The young couple were soon taken care of and directed as to where to go.

I couldn't help comparing them with Joseph and Mary on Christmas Eve. Tired, cold, hungry but they had found someone who cared.

As I turned around with another tray of food to deliver a fight broke out at one of the tables. It looked as though it might be spreading. I froze up. I am very scared and stressed out around physical violence.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned and there was a man, nothing unusual about him, except perhaps he was a volunteer and not a consumer. He said, "Be still, it is all right." A feeling of peace come over me and I turned back to see that the disturbance had ended.

This was my "angel". I wanted to thank that man but he wasn't there. I do believe in my guardian angel and I do believe that angels take human form. I knew this peace had come from my guardian angel.

[edit on 3/30/2005 by Mahree]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join