It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayans and Nostradamus predictions ... the same?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well according to other threads and reserch the mayons a lost civiliazation predicted that the end of the world would happen in the year 2012 and according to the web site and reserch nostradomis prewdicted the end of the world tow be in 2012 dose anyone eles have any info on other profisys that are around 2012 ( Not john titer I already no that he predicted the end of the world to in the year 2012 ).

MOD EDIT: Edit to title to correct spelling

[edit on 10/22/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
1. The "Mayons" did not predict the end of the world in 2012

2. Nostradomis [sic] did not predict the end of the world in 2012

3. John Titor did not predict the end of the world in 2012

4. There are already plenty of threads on this

5. Spell check

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

5. Spell check

Thats not nice....that was cold dude!
::::::and people get mad at me for always harping about caps and repeats:::::LOL

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I know it's mean..but damn! That title was a train wreck!

I would seriously consider an edit if I were the author of this post. If only to preclude a dozen more responses like the last two.

Just a suggestion.

Oh, and there are like a 1001 threads already existant on this topic. Why not follow the discussion there?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I know it was mean

.....sorry buddy. But man....you took the english language beat it, raped it, then beat it some more. I felt sorry for poor 'ol english.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by theonlyalf
Well according to other threads and reserch the mayons a lost civiliazation predicted that the end of the world would happen in the year 2012

Should it be a surprise that a thread where nearly every word is misspelled is also unresearhed enough to get that fact wrong? The mayans didn't predict the end of the world in 2012. They simply have a calender that stops at that point.

and according to the web site and reserch nostradomis prewdicted the end of the world tow be in 2012

Nostradamus did not predict that the world ends in 2012. His predictions even specify past that year apparently.

( Not john titer I already no that he predicted the end of the world to in the year 2012 ).

"John Titor" did not predict that 2012, nor any other time, is the end of the world. It appears that your research was, preliminary, to say the least.

Also, why are you just asking the same thing that's been asked in the other threads on this very site that you mentioned?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The Kyoto pact ends in 2012...

EDIT: BTW, that´s not a prediction but a fact.

...and the asteroid Teutatis happens to fly by that year too...

[edit on 2005/3/6 by Hellmutt]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by theonlyalf
Well according to other threads and reserch the mayons a lost civiliazation predicted that the end of the world would happen in the year 2012

Should it be a surprise that a thread where nearly every word is misspelled is also unresearhed enough to get that fact wrong? The mayans didn't predict the end of the world in 2012. They simply have a calender that stops at that point.

wth? ya their calender ended in 2012 but it was because according to them thats when they said the world would end. and enyways I mean why would they make like a 1000 years worth of calenders just to have it end abruptly?

but rather then that your right about the other guys not predicting the end of the world they just predicted a great war or change in the world

edit/PS: ya theonlyalf is a good friend of mine and please excuse him for his spelling (he's not the best at english)

[edit on 7-3-2005 by trust_no_one]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
wth? ya their calender ended in 2012 but it was because according to them thats when they said the world would end.

The thing is, the mayans don't say that the world ends.

and enyways[sic] I mean why would they make like a 1000 years worth of calenders just to have it end abruptly?

From what I understand, at best the mayans thought that the world would enter another stage or cycle in 2012. Not 'end'.

ya theonlyalf is a good friend of mine and please excuse him for his spelling (he's not the best at english)

Christ the two of you are smashing the language to bits with each line, I don't see how one can apologize for the other.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The Mayan date is actually on 12/21/2012 and the believe that the polarity of the earth would reverse, effectively ending the world as we know it. The latest Indiana Jones movie (which was a terrible movie) was based on the legends of the crystal skulls that they were supposed to have worshiped, and were even fabled to have been passed down by Atlantis or to have been bestowed by the gods themselves. Their calendar is much more accurate than our own and on that date the earth is supposed to be aligned with the center of the galaxy, which would switch the polarity of the earth, thus drawing out volcanic eruptions and all other types of natural disaster. In case you're wondering, yes this is a natural phenomenon that has and does occur (millions upon millions of years apart from each other). At the same time one must also remember that the Mayans' culture and religion was one based on the belief in destruction and rebirth, like so many others, so it would make sense that they would predict an eventually destruction of the earth

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
i beleive in the calender telling the end of days. the question is why not end it at that time after all the legend states that it is out of our hand unless we are to obtain the 13 crystal skulls which in the real legend they all have removeable jaws and could talk and sing and would soon be rediscovered in a time of great crisis basicly when the earth needs them most . each of the 13 skulls represents 12 zodiac signs theres a 13th zodiac sign its a serpant its special and plays a greate roll in it the reson the calender ends at that perticular time is because there will be an alignment of the planets there are ten planets if you didnt know about the tenth its because it was recently discuverd but aparently the myans knew of it O_O weird but enyways thows ten includeing the sun and moon make 12 on this exact date is suposed to be an eclips the skulls will be rejoined to help save the world if not brout to gether again befor this date the earth is doomed not to mention even the scientists who have examind the one skull said it could not have been made by human hands because back then they could not have don it as perfect with not tool mark of eny kind to be found and not even now could we have made such a perfect item theres even rumer that you can have a wish which i think is wha is to happen when they are joined together you get a wish O_O im thinking that the wish is suposed to be to stop what ever bad thing is to come. but if someone was to use it for something els who knows the earth could be doomed and stuff its more a a warning that we must colect them befor the date like a test to see if we can handle it after all who knows were they could be there spread all over the earth hmmm ^_^ lol

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
each skull also represents each of the 13 jewish tribs i think the bible and the legend of the skulls are linked some how O_O because theres a story of the tower of bable were the people of the world tryed to build a tower high enough to reach heaven and each jewish trib was a diffrent race working together each had a special ability that helped build the tower and each had special knoledg well it says god did not want them to come close to heaven so he tore the tower down and mixed there tungs then spread them around the earth to make sher they could not comunicate to rebuild the tower thats why the diffrent races have diffrent languages it does make sens thow think real hard if you look it up theres even scientists that prouve that the countrys are like a puzzle they were once whole together as one well thats how he spread us apart the reson it is called bable is because it means confuseion as because there tungs were mixed as in they speak diffrent languages. sens each diffrent tribe was to have knoledg that could mean the crystal skulls because it says they could talk and had great wisdom and knoledg each belonged to a tribe and was spread out along with them one of thows tribes was atlantis the reson it says that there city sank is because they were wight people who disliked people of color and thought of them selvs to be clean and thought of other race as derty they had marble palaces and stuff was all wight well god was angry at them for meny resons one was for hateing everyone els so he sank the city below i beleive the crystal skull was with it -_- but that means atlantis could be found once the skulls reunight ^_^ hehe well enyways ya they conect in meny ways that are hard to see every religion is a remnint of the first and origional one O_O thats why we have diffrent religion as i said be for they were mixed up bable confusion info was seperated so all religion brout to gether would make the origional jewish myan and a few athers as well these how ever conesct the most 13 and 12 are numbers serouning religions but it makes sens ^_^

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a great war is to come of our world and we will need the power of the skullls to stop it and continue . in times of darkness and sarrow meny people will hope and hope shall bring forth an enchanted sword excaliber along with the blade an enchanted flut the kokpilis flute. the fluts mellody contains a protective spell that protects the play'er keeping them out of harm wile fighting the fauls profit in a horible battle then the chosen one shall pick up the sword and charge with one swing and cleve the fauls profit into 2 the flute's melody will be pure and cause the fauls profit to lose strangth. but what dosent end there is only the begining. the sky will be darkend by the wings of many bats and the fallen people will envoke the name of the fauls profit and when the clock strikes the hour of the beast the fauls profit will reveal himself in his true form as the beast then angels will shoot arrows of hope and light at the loved ones of those they were sent to protect and a miracle will happen. the beast is the anti crist who will try and end the world at 2012 he will be the cause of the war and will try and be the end the last hope is the crstal skulls the people of the planet will hope so much that the skulls will react to the stress and release a power to protect the poeple and save the world alowing us to continue the cycle of life ^_^

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vessago

Lol, this sounds a lot like a mix of 5th Element, Indiana Jones and all doom 'theories' out there..

..taking notes for movie script..

Seriously, where did you get all that? rumors, myths, legends, but nothing that can prove any of those things, don't believe everything that you read, specially if its just a rumor.

I find it very funny that some members were complaining about the lack of spelling and grammar on the original post, and now this...

You have taken it into a whole new level

Unless someone knows better, i declare this the longest sentence ever written on a message board, it was divided into several posts, but i believe all posts, as a whole, can be considered a single statement.

I have to admit i didn't read the entire posts, but, if i'm not mistaken, there is not a single punctuation character in there or is it? and we can find a lot of the current and past theories all mixed there to provide content for the next Indy movie, best seller book, manga, anime, wait! maybe i can turn this into a manga series? mmmmmm

Yeah i know i shouldn't be first to judge, but seriously

[edit on 15-3-2009 by Kaifan]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I imagine it's a homage to Joyce. . . .

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
hehe ^_^ most of that i took from the bible and the origional legend of the skulls and stuff it seems i wrote it weird because i was tiyard . hmm theres a fact that scientists are babled by the skulls proveing there not ordinary and if there was one skull found with a removable jaw bone then the legend about the skulls with removeable jaw bones makes sens people think its eny skull but the jaw must move or it isnt it scientists also say that the land is like a puzzle the countrys were once whole so that helps explain y they were seperated even if it dosen prove that a god did it but think about it if god can controle the world he could controle the outcomes of how things happen like the islands seperateing and stuff o and i already made an anmie about it its an interesting anime ^_^ its about all the legend of the world combind ^_^

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
hehe ^_^ most of that i took from the bible and the origional legend of the skulls and stuff it seems i wrote it weird because i was tiyard . hmm theres a fact that scientists are babled by the skulls proveing there not ordinary and if there was one skull found with a removable jaw bone then the legend about the skulls with removeable jaw bones makes sens people think its eny skull but the jaw must move or it isnt it scientists also say that the land is like a puzzle the countrys were once whole so that helps explain y they were seperated even if it dosen prove that a god did it but think about it if god can controle the world he could controle the outcomes of how things happen like the islands seperateing and stuff o and i already made an anmie about it its an interesting anime ^_^ its about all the legend of the world combind ^_^

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
i say beleive what you want to you cant say something dose or dose not exist unless you have undinying prouf that it does or dose not exist you must have facts to disprouve something to just because you dont see it dose not mean its not there ^_^

top topics

join