It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skin color mixing: How long until you can't see a difference?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here is a rough diagram:

100% Black man + mixed woman (white+black)

|
Mixed girl (1)
|
Mixed girl+Mixed boy (white+black parents)
|
Mixed boy (2)
|
Mixed boy + mixed girl (white +black parents)
|
Mixed boy (who basically looks like another fully white person?) (3)

So, in 3 to 4 generations, you basically get a mixed race person who basically looks as white as anybody (hair nose, everything)?

This right or wrong?
edit on 5-10-2019 by TheRepublicOfCanada because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRepublicOfCanada
Doesn't matter in the black community one drop makes you black.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

ever been to the Seychelles? Oriental, Black, European have been mixing there for centuries...still have plenty of genetic expression on all sides and plenty of beautiful "mixed."

Genetics doesnt work like mixin paint Im afraid.
edit on 5-10-2019 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'm sorry to tell you that genetics doesn't work that way.

I had a student who was blonde with fair skin. Her parents were native Hawaiian, royal blood. All her brothers and sisters had black hair and tanned skin. She was positive she was adopted - until - her parents had a little boy (#6). He was as fair and blonde as she was.

Seems the great grandparents of both parents were European. All the rest of her ancestors were of pure Hawaiian blood.

It just so happened that the genes fell together in just the right way from both parents to cause 2 blonds with fair skin.

People are not peas.

People are more like bingo machines.
Skin color, eye color, hair color take multiple genes, as do noses, lips etc.
You need a B2 G3 O1 from one parent and a B4 G8 O4 from another parent to get any characteristic.
Every genetic expression has thousands if not millions combinations to make a certain "look"
The chance that they will fall together in just the right combination to make someone look (whatever) is a total crap shoot, really not because you have a better chance with dice than how genes fall together just right to get the look you expect.

In your hypothetical situation. It is possible that since all parents have the genes for heavy melanin production, that any subsequent child from mixed parents could have black curly hair, with dark skin and all the other characteristics you associate with black people. It is also possible the very same parents could have a blonde, melanin deprived, blue eyed child.

To demonstrate my point the pictures below are of biological families, the parents are the biological parents of the children in the pictures. The twins are also real twins.

edit on 10/5/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have a mixed African American Granddaughter, who you wouldn't know was mixed.

A Thai grandson with red hair and blue eyes like his grandpa.

And Native American granddaughter,who looks a little like me and her Sioux dad.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
All the DIVINE RIGHT TO RULE/ BIBLICAL garbage has been so thoroughly debunked by EVERYTHING WE HAVE LEARNED ABOUT GENETICS...

That’s really where the base concept comes from..the thought that in the past (often Adam) we were perfect, so we need to keep bloodlines pure and such..

Evolution says the opposite. That we get better as we adapt..

I’m pretty sure fair skin is either recessive or it just gets covered up..

But that is a great thing... my mother and grandmother both died of skin cancer..

Guess who almost never gets skin cancer??? Dark people lol.

And of course it goes both ways ... sickle cell anemia requires 2 people with the same unbroken chain of flawed blood cells. That doesn’t happen anymore with a little European I the mix..

Then you have the WORLD of immunities you gain.. hell manage to get a little DNA in you from all across the globe and you might be almost invincible to disease lol..

The skin pigmentation is such a tiny factor in the plethora of traits available from the worlds various populations

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Just wondering what the skull would look like if you just mixed em all together, would it lean to Caucasoid form, or somewhere in between.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It goes both ways and can manifest a darker person later I think.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Humans are on a collision course of divergence. If we keep up with the way we are now going, we will eventually be all one 'color' per say. Think Darwins finches. Or in the grander scale, birds in general. Why do all finches have the same characteristics around the globe? If you made a giant landmass with no mountains or barriers, the finches would all look at the same over time. Human evolution happens are a rather rapid rate compared to most creatures our size, and we are very intelligent and sexually driven. One day there will be large pockets of human societies where we will look all similar in skin color.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
See my avatar

3.5% Sub Saharan African

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
According to my DNA tests, I am 3 to 4 percent African (2 different types) and I am about as white skiined as you can get. I did have somewhat wiry and curly black hair for a period of time in my life. I suppose that might count.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666
Doesn't matter in the black community one drop makes you black.

Can't we just agree we are all just people. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
And that’s standard of course was set up by white people hundreds of years ago. One drop of black blood and you were not whitea reply to: JON666

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Great thread topic.

I have considered this a lot, from an inheritance perspective. There are multiple genes in Homo sapiens that control the hue of skin pigmentation, not just one.

For that reason, it is hard to predict.

When populations mix homogenously, you should in theory get a bell shaped curve of pigmentation hues, from dark to light, with most in the middle.

I do not think that everyone would ever all be the same exact hue, considering this, with free mixing.

That doesn't even take into account the fact that dark hued humans survive better in areas of greatest sun exposure, and light hued humans survive better in more overcast / polar areas due to the lack of vitamin D issue. That would be a discussion for another thread....

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
When would there be anything wrong with this?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Correct . If Everyone on Planet Earth were of the Caucasian Persuasion , Racism would Cease to Exist on Planet Earth ...Hmm... Genetics Rule !.......

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I have noticed mixed races tend to produce some of the most beautiful people on Earth.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I have noticed mixed races tend to produce some of the most beautiful people on Earth.

This is True . Genetic Diversity Leads to Above Normal Human Offspring . Evolution Dictates It ....

edit on 5-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: The2Billies

Humans are on a collision course of divergence. If we keep up with the way we are now going, we will eventually be all one 'color' per say. Think Darwins finches. Or in the grander scale, birds in general. Why do all finches have the same characteristics around the globe? If you made a giant landmass with no mountains or barriers, the finches would all look at the same over time. Human evolution happens are a rather rapid rate compared to most creatures our size, and we are very intelligent and sexually driven. One day there will be large pockets of human societies where we will look all similar in skin color.

Probably not.

The only reason I say that is because we all started out the same.

Science has shown we all are descended from the same tribe in Africa. www.livescience.com...

The only gene pool anyone ever originally had was black, then - or I should say now - look at the diversity from what should have been a completely melanin rich world of humanity.

With our current diversity of genes, it will be highly unlikely we will all end up looking the same, that would be backward evolution.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join