It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS THIS FOR REALZ!!!! "zawaj al-mutaa” or “pleasure marriage”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

“I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Finally I didn't have to provide everything,” she says.

But after just a few weeks her husband disappeared.

Little did Rusul know that their marriage had an end-date before it had even begun. It was a special type of Islamic marriage - a “zawaj al-mutaa” or “pleasure marriage” - and that it was a way of allowing religiously approved sex. Hers had now expired.

IS THIS FOR REALZ!!!! "zawaj al-mutaa” or “pleasure marriage”

So this still common practice, Teenage Brides, I read this and I just couldn't believe that this is still a practice.

Would this be acceptable anywhere else? Say the UK or Australia?

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I believe most rational people dont think its acceptable full stop, why are you only considering the UK or Australia and not the worldz, is that how the youth pluralize these dayz

“The cleric became a middle man, giving me work, and I had no choice but to follow that road,” she says. She won't go into details about how much she earns, but says the cleric takes a fee from the client and then pays her the dowry. She says the length of her contracts have varied from a few hours to several weeks.

That sounds like pimping rather than something a cleric should do
edit on 4-10-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Religions have justified some nasty things over the course of time but for some reason much of Islam is still stuck in that ancient thought process.

Women are property to be used.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I guess i was being simple minded, Thank you for expanding on this with me.
It does sound like pimping, would this also be considered sex trafficking?

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's a sad sad world then....
Oh yeah, the crusades were a blood bath.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Reading this from your linked article, it sounds like nothing more than religious sanctioned prostitution.

A mutaa marriage is subject to a contract that specifies its length and the amount of compensation given to the temporary wife. But the contract can just be verbal, and a cleric - though often present - is not necessary to validate it.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Religions have justified some nasty things over the course of time but for some reason much of Islam is still stuck in that ancient thought process.

Women are property to be used.

They're just following their ' peaceful scriptures'. .

Christians and Catholics abuse men, women and children too, they just put up a more welcoming facade and hide the nastiness behind closed doors a lot better

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

That sound link pimping to me.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Sounds almost as ridiculous as having to ask the government permission to get married!
Yep, I said it..

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

There is a reason I said "religions"..

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Sounds almost as ridiculous as having to ask the government permission to get married!
Yep, I said it..

What?

You can't seriously be equating a marriage license to what amounts to little more than prostitution.

Or, are you?

Look forward to the discussion if you are.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Yep, I said it..

Well marriage is a legal contract.
There is a reason it takes a judge to grant a divorce.
edit on 4-10-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
hilllary and her camp do stuff like that here as well.
they order children for parties.

but this is pro-paganda, trying to get people to hate middle easternns, so the inter-nationalists can go in there and rule.

here is what you got to do.

your job, is to protect YOUR circle in life. thats it.
you are a microcosm of the universe.

one problem is, i know too many deadbeat dads or wasted moms who do not take care of their kids. so their kids go out get into trouble.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Certain US states still allow teenage brides.

And while Islam may be the worse offender, they are not the only religion immune to exploitation of flesh. I imagine (but do not know) they may have some sects or denominations for lack of a better term that aren't as bad just as Christianity does. But we've all known the systemic problems in Catholicism world wide for decades, and only just recently starting to see reconciliation in some form.

This isn't really absolving anyone, but rather pointing out anytime a deity is involved, people will exploit peoples belief for their own sinister urges.

Honestly, the only religion I don't ever hear much foul play out of is Judaism. I wonder if it's because it has an element of blood line that makes them less likely to exploit one another.

Just thinking out loud over here.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

hilllary and her camp many elites from all different camps do stuff like that here as well. they order children for parties.

*strike by me and bold inserted by me*

Fixed that for you

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Islam could use a sexual revolution.

👳‍♂️💞☪

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

I would need to see proof if that claim...

That being said, there is a difference between individuals acting inappropriately and religions actively justifying inappropriate behavior.

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Islam could use a sexual revolution.

👳‍♂️💞☪

They could use just about any revolution that involves basic human rights (for much of the practice).

Anyone who says there isn't widespread oppression isn't being honest under the guise of being "PC".

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

And atheists don’t abuse anyone

Marriage, who gets married anymore, what’s the big deal to atheists, judging the religious for standards atheists don’t even have

It seems strange in a Christian culture based on Christian morality but Muslims are not christian
Pagans have short length marriages, a year or two I am sure, it’s there belief it’s ok, who decides what is right or wrong for them?

This whole thread is a farce
It’s ok for gays to get married but then it’s not ok for short term marriage, what a joke.
Who defines marriage?

That’s a real question
Who defines marriage

edit on 4-10-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'm an atheist...
Next month is my 25th wedding anniversary.
Even atheists can coexist with Christians.

Besides, the thread is about someone having no choice. Not what defines marriage.
edit on 4-10-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join