It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where the F are the Republicans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
First time posting in the Rants forum. Here goes.

As the title says, where the f**k are the Republicans? The Senate has a Republican majority and the house has quite a few Republicans last time I checked. Granted, I don't watch MSM and so I get my news from aggregate services such as News360. There is no news about Republicans taking a stand. There is so much coverage about the Democratic push against the white house its become ridiculous. This has been ongoing for 2 and a half years now and it's as if Trump's party has abandoned him and he has to defend himself on every attack. Unfortunately, too often, that's on Twitter. (By the way, Twitter should be banned by policy for federal government officials but that's another thread.) If it weren't for Jim Jordan, I'd say the R's are just dialing it in instead of actually showing up for work.

It's not so much that we need Republican senators and house members to speak up in news bits but there's a general lack of a coordinated response (a.k.a. a strategy) to counter Democrats' efforts to stop Trump at every turn. What are the R's doing all day? Don't they have an obligation to try and support their leader? We have a country at stake and congress is letting the D's run amok. Meanwhile. very little legislation is getting done. It's nothing but hearings and impeachment speeches.

I want to see a contingent of Republican leaders. A few that will make some real noise and not the old standard parrots like Lindsey Graham who talks well in front of a mic but has no teeth. We need a few like the three horsewomen. It's time to get a bit radical I think. I live in Georgia and I'd like to see Johnny Isakson and David Perdue step up to the plate. There are 9 Georgia Republican congressmen. They need to step up to the plate. They're all on recess now so it's not like they don't have time to actually get together and think.

f you're a conservative, do you feel somewhat abandoned in support for our President? We already know what the left wants, but what about the right? Who are the fighters?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Watch some clips from house proceedings, they're ripping the dims apart.

Jaden

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
Watch some clips from house proceedings, they're ripping the dims apart.

Jaden

Thanks Masgerjaden - where can I find them? Youtube?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The problem in the House is the Republicans have no power to do anything to these lying scumbags on the Left.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

giving the democrats enough rope to hang them selves while our investigations go quieter ,if it does get to formal impeachment proceedings trump gets to defend him self and introduce his own documents

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
The problem in the House is the Republicans have no power to do anything to these lying scumbags on the Left.

True but they should be lobbying their peers on the left to clean up their act. I don't see any evidence of them doing anything productive. We pay them to be there so let's get something for that pay.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

giving the democrats enough rope to hang them selves while our investigations go quieter ,if it does get to formal impeachment proceedings trump gets to defend him self and introduce his own documents

I read somewhere that by Nancy P not taking a vote for impeachment, it blocks the defense from having access to documents. In other words, it's another chess move by the Dems to get an advantage. They aren't stupid. let's hope that Trump's n-dimensional chess abilities are real.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Which ones? the ones that work for the old deep state, the ones that switched sides to Trump or the ones that have no idea what to do?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

Which ones? the ones that work for the old deep state, the ones that switched sides to Trump or the ones that have no idea what to do?

The "old deep state" we may as well call the "swamp". I'll go with "have no idea what to do" for the rest. They're collecting a paycheck and concentrating on the next election. It's kind of like my job - who cares if I do good or not so long as I meet the corporate targets. I'm old school though. I don't worry about my targets so long as my customers are happy. And that's the God's honest truth.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

They're quiet because that's the best way to let all this madness going on unravel and bite all the Dems in the ass.

It's like trying to convince a 7 year old that something they believe to be true actually ISN'T true. Good luck with that. It's best to just take a step back and wait in silence until it hits them and they're like "oohhhhhh"

Also no point in arguing with someone who believes in such silly nonsense and spews it daily. It gets old

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Thanks to useless Paul Ryan. That idiot lost it.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Republicans will get no great love from me, but the alternative is absolutely unacceptable. The Dims are completely unhinged so what choice do you have as a voter?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Republicans will get no great love from me, but the alternative is absolutely unacceptable. The Dims are completely unhinged so what choice do you have as a voter?

Do nothing stay home in 2020.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
and a good deal of republicans are currently focused on trade war shenanigans but with the recent WTO ruling allowing tariffs on EU goods ,and as the EU ability to impose tariffs back on the usa are still tied up in court there wont be a response quickly

markets.businessinsider.com...

Trump wins biggest-ever WTO ruling, opening the door for $7.5 billion worth of tariffs on Europe The World Trade Organization on Wednesday gave the US the go-ahead to slap roughly $7.5 billion worth of tariffs on the European Union affecting aircraft parts and luxury goods. The award is the largest in the WTO's history, nearly double the record set in 2002.
and as said earlier they have to wait tell early next year for rebuttal tariffs seems even with all this impeachment nonsense hes still out doing his job winning

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Ummm...sounds like the voice of desperation...

Chillax dude...everything will play out in it’s time...so you might as well sit back...pop the top off a cold one and watch the fireworks...

It’s not like we have any power to effect any of it...right?

That’s what the ballot box is for...

I will say...these #walkaway’s...had better not help vote these douche bags dems back into office...

Also...when this latest coup attempt is ground beneath the heel...The President and the repugs...had better take off the damned gloves and say enough is enough...sedition through attempted coup...is a very serious charge...

They better not just let bygones be bygones...I’m pissed already...if they do that...then i’ll be volcanic...

Goddamned it...that’s the people’s house...they’d better show some damned respect...and be about the people’s work...we’ve got a Shiite ton of work to do in this country...and they utterly wasted the last three years on sedition...

A pox on all their houses...

Sorry man...I guess I had a mini me rant inside of your rant...

YouSir
edit on 2-10-2019 by YouSir because: Of an incompleteness in the force...

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...sounds like the voice of desperation...

Chillax dude...everything will play out in it’s time...so you might as well sit back...pop the top off a cold one and watch the fireworks...

It’s not like we have any power to effect any of it...right?

That’s what the ballot box is for...

I will say...these #walkaway’s...had better not help vote these douche bags dems back into office...

Also...when this latest coup attempt is ground beneath the heel...The President and the repugs...had better take off the damned gloves and say enough is enough...sedition through attempted coup...is a very serious charge...

They better not just let bygones be bygones...I’m pissed already...if they do that...then i’ll be volcanic...

Goddamned it...that’s the people’s house...they’d better show some damned respect...and be about the people’s work...we’ve got a Shiite ton of work to do in this country...and they utterly wasted the last three years on sedition...

A pox on all their houses...

Sorry man...I guess I had a mini me rant inside of your rant...

YouSir

Enjoyed your rant and yes, I've had my share of spirits for the evening. Democracy is a great thing. Even in my neck of the woods we get to speak to state politicians once in a while in person. I've actually met some of our state reps and I'm definitely going to keep challenging them.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
First time posting in the Rants forum. Here goes.

As the title says, where the f**k are the Republicans? The Senate has a Republican majority and the house has quite a few Republicans last time I checked. Granted, I don't watch MSM and so I get my news from aggregate services such as News360. There is no news about Republicans taking a stand. There is so much coverage about the Democratic push against the white house its become ridiculous. This has been ongoing for 2 and a half years now and it's as if Trump's party has abandoned him and he has to defend himself on every attack. ?

Has the penny not dropped yet?

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

True but they should be lobbying their peers on the left to clean up their act. I don't see any evidence of them doing anything productive. We pay them to be there so let's get something for that pay.

Agreed. Aside from a few I saw in the Intelligence hearings last week they seem to be more or less silent which irritates the crap out of me. But that's one reason I'm not electable, I don't keep my mouth shut when I see a wrong being perpetrated. I wouldn't make it past the application stage, though I have considered exploring a state seat a few times. Too many skeletons in my closet and nowhere near enough financial backing.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

You'll not see them on the MSM news. The narrative pimps are out in full force, so all you'll see is "unchallenged" Democrats fuming and fussing and "doin' God's work" against the POTUS. That said, if you actually find unbiased news sources, you'll see the GOP is not sitting silently and allowing the Democrats to run roughshod over this. They are allowing them unfettered access down a few trap roads, however, where they will likely have a tremendous amount of fun in the coming months watching Democrat stalwarts snared and hoisted by their own petards. Hell, Lindsey Graham has been fairly mocking and jovial about this... that speaks volumes. If he thought there was any chance of Trump actually getting impeached, he'd be riding Pence's coattails already.

posted on Oct, 2 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Maybe Trump doesn't have many friends because he's an egotistical self-centered selfish jerk.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join