It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On the 7th Day God Rested then We are invited to enter into that Rest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: CthruU
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Assuming we rest on the correct day of course.

Sunday is not it.

Clearly you are a Jew or a seventh day Adventist, whatever floats your boat

Typical of you religious people to force your laws on others to justify yourselves because you think you are better than others by the day you worship on

Clearly you are as blind as a bat and thoroughly unchristian.

And to clarify - i am not religious, i do not worship, i am a true Christian, but certainly not the Christian types you read about or identify with.

Bet that statement totally confuses you with endless headspins, you have a long road to travel, a very long road.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

OK. So you were a tug operator at an airport and another tug operator that was drunk crashed into you, sending you into a barrier? You almost died in that accident? You stopped breathing? Then you decided to get out of the air business altogether even though you were going to transition to being a pilot?

Or you almost died and the above situation happened to another operator, you were 40 ft away watching from a distance? But you used the lesson that a lot of people in that line of work drank like fishes and left the business?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I think your reaction was perfect to my comment

So are you going to tell me what day you worship on true Christian, Saturday like SDA and others or are you a Jewish Christian
This day thing seems important to you

Or are you just talk, talk about days christians have to worship on?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

So are you going to tell me what day you worship on true Christian, Saturday like SDA and others or are you a Jewish Christian

I already told you didn't i ?

I don't worship.

Told you you'd be confused.

It's not about worship, it's about your relationship with JC - everyday.

Still headspinning???????

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I already told you didn't i ?

I don't worship.

Told you you'd be confused.

It's not about worship, it's about your relationship with JC - everyday.

Still headspinning???????

Well didn’t you say

“Sunday is it not?”

My heads not spinning, just questioning your comments about what day people worship on, I believe how we live our lives is worship

Christian worshipaudio Question: "What is the meaning of Christian worship?"

Answer: The meaning of the New Testament Greek word most often translated “worship” (proskuneo) is “to fall down before” or “bow down before.” Worship is a state (an attitude) of spirit. Since it’s an internal, individual action, it could/should be done most of the time (or all the time) in our lives, regardless of place or situation (John 4:21). Therefore, Christians worship all the time, seven days a week. When Christians formally gather together in worship, still the emphasis should be on individually worshiping the Lord. Even in a congregation, participants need to be aware that they are worshiping God fully on an individual basis.www.gotquestions.org...

But you can do whatever and say whatever but saying “it is Sunday is it not” is misleading in my opinion

Anyway, you have fun, spinning whatever

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
What is the “rest” referred to at Hebrews 4:9-11, and how does one “enter into that rest”?

To the first-century Hebrew Christians, the apostle Paul wrote: “There remains a sabbath resting for the people of God. For the man that has entered into God’s rest has also himself rested from his own works, just as God did from his own. Let us therefore do our utmost to enter into that rest.”​—Hebrews 4:9-11.

When Paul spoke of God’s resting from His work, he was apparently referring to what is stated at Genesis 2:2, where we read: “By the seventh day God came to the completion of his work that he had made, and he proceeded to rest on the seventh day from all his work that he had made.” Why did Jehovah proceed “to rest on the seventh day”? Surely it was not because he needed to recuperate “from all his work that he had made.” The next verse provides a clue: “God proceeded to bless the seventh day and make it sacred, because on it he has been resting from all his work that God has created for the purpose of making.”​—Genesis 2:3; Isaiah 40:26, 28.

The “seventh day” was different from any of the preceding six days in that it was a day that God blessed and made sacred, that is, a day set aside for, or dedicated to, a special purpose. What was that purpose? Earlier, God had revealed his purpose regarding mankind and the earth. To the first man and his wife, God said: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.” (Genesis 1:28) Although God had given mankind and the earth a perfect start, it would take time for the whole earth to be subdued and transformed into a paradise filled with a perfect human family, as God had purposed. Thus, on “the seventh day,” God rested, or desisted, from further earthly creative works in order to allow what he had already created to develop in accord with his will. By the end of that “day,” all that God had purposed will have become a reality. How long will that rest be?

Getting back to Paul’s statement in Hebrews, we note that he pointed out that “there remains a sabbath resting for the people of God,” and he urged his fellow Christians to do their utmost “to enter into that rest.” This shows that when Paul wrote those words, “the seventh day” of God’s rest, which had started some 4,000 years earlier, was still in progress. It will not end until God’s purpose regarding mankind and the earth is completely fulfilled at the end of the Thousand Year Reign of Jesus Christ, who is the “Lord of the sabbath.”​—Matthew 12:8; Revelation 20:1-6; 21:1-4.

With that wonderful prospect in view, Paul explained how one might enter into God’s rest. He wrote: “The man that has entered into God’s rest has also himself rested from his own works.” This tells us that although having a perfect start, mankind as a whole had not entered into God’s rest. This was because Adam and Eve did not long observe God’s rest on “the seventh day” by accepting his arrangement for them. Instead, they rebelled and wanted to become independent of God. In fact, they went along with Satan’s scheme of things rather than accept God’s loving direction. (Genesis 2:15-17) As a result, they lost the prospect of living forever on a paradise earth. From then on, all mankind became enslaved to sin and death.​—Romans 5:12, 14.

Mankind’s rebellion did not thwart God’s purpose. His rest day continues. However, Jehovah made a loving provision​—the ransom—​through his Son, Jesus Christ, so that all who accept it on the basis of faith may look forward to release and rest from the burden of sin and death. (Romans 6:23) That is why Paul urged his fellow Christians to ‘rest from their own works.’ They needed to accept God’s provision for salvation and not try to work out their own future in their own way, as Adam and Eve had. They also needed to avoid pursuing their own works of self-justification.

Since the topic of worship came up, worship is the rendering of reverent honor or homage. True worship of the Creator embraces every aspect of an individual’s life (1Co 10:31) and the primary emphasis has always been on exercising faith​—doing the will of Jehovah God—​and not on ceremony or ritual.​—Mt 7:21; Jas 2:17-26.

Putting aside one’s selfish or mundane pursuits in order to do God’s will is indeed refreshing and restful. Jesus sounded this invitation: “Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for your souls. For my yoke is kindly and my load is light.”​—Matthew 11:28-30.

Paul’s discussion of God’s rest and how one might enter into it surely was a source of encouragement to the Hebrew Christians in Jerusalem, who had endured much persecution and ridicule for their faith. (Acts 8:1; 12:1-5) Similarly, Paul’s words can be a source of encouragement to Christians today. Realizing that the fulfillment of God’s promise to bring about a paradise earth under his righteous Kingdom is near at hand, we too should rest from our own works and do our utmost to enter into that rest.​—Matthew 6:10, 33; 2 Peter 3:13.

God’s promise of an earthly paradise will be realized at the end of his rest day.

posted on Oct, 9 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Assuming we rest on the correct day of course.

Sunday is not it.

Everyday is the sabbath rest in Christ, to end our striving of entering into that rest.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join