It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone’s opinion or belief ever been changed on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I thought Obama was good, in the beginning.. and I thought Iraq did have WMDs

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Have you ever read astr0's posts?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

So I would be really cautious when I was the side making the more extraordinary claim.

To my mind, making a claim that those things are somehow "ours"...but secret...is rather extraordinary

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

I thought that aliens were real and the government was covering it up
a reply to: Sillyolme

They arent ?????

Well it was quite the opposite of me. Since registering, I'm now absolutely convinced of the cover up.

Isnt it amazing. One of us is a moron

Good thing it's not you.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ravenshadow13

I voted for Obama the first go around.. I learned the system is corrupt. Now I hate him and the two party system.
edit on 27-9-2019 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I can only hope to get that confirmation during my lifetime.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
TO add to the OP. 2 things.

Before I cam to ATS:

I thought there is something to the "Chemtrails" claim. Now I think it's crap.

At the time of registering, I was leaning towards we(US) never went to the moon (Apollo), now...I'm leaning more to get back on the fence

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Another dimension would equal another planet....the only difference being from another dimension and being from another star system is HOW they get here.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ravenshadow13 I've been here since 2008, and no my beliefs and opinions have not changed.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
i has come to accept that :

" the number of < cencored > people with internet access is far greater than i imagined "

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Has anyone’s opinion or belief ever been changed on ATS?

I've had some beliefs changed by my time here on ATS. When I first came here, I used to have the same respect for right wingers as I did for everyone else. I used to listen to and think about their ideas.

But after two plus years of misinformation, spin, and lies I couldn't take them seriously if I wanted to. If anything, seeing them spin and stretch the truth to promote an agenda has given me the perfect example of what not to do. Of who not to be.

And I'd like to thank them for that. Their toxicity was always lurking right below the surface. But now it's undeniable. I thank the stars I didn't end up as part of that sad, fearful world.

So everyone, thanks. And I really mean that.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Yes. Gun control arguments. As a far left liberal democrat I don't simply mindlessly follow the party's echo chamber like Republicans. With gun control, the 2nd Amendment was interpreted a certain way by the Supremes. So it's the law of the land.

I still think we need guns regulated in terms of rate of fire and size of clips. Also, maybe every gun owner and manufacturer should be required to pay some kind of insurance fee so if there are any mass shootings with guns having big clips and fast rates of fire the families can at least get some money to cover the cost of burying loved ones. Kind of like the way car insurance works.

But most of the time I find the Republican arguments as to why Democrats should be indicted to be frivolous accusations without any evidence. Like the latest Joe Biden rants,

"The House intelligence committee released the complaint on Thursday. The nine-page letter details a July 25 phone call in which Trump presses Ukraine's leader to help investigate baseless corruption accusations against Democratic rival Joe Biden. The complaint also alleges that the White House sought to "lock down" details of the call by moving it onto a secure, classified computer system."

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Anyone who has been a member here for years and says they have never had their beliefs/convictions challenged to the point of change is either lying, or is in denial. You can't come here for years and not go through a few changes, unless you are a closed-minded fool(IMO). The very reason I come here is to learn and have my convictions challenged. I am most thankful for the ones I most strongly disagree with. ATS wouldn't be the same without them. I am reminded of one of my favorite quotes...

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." Alvin Toffler

edit on 9/27/2019 by Klassified because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I once thought when they spoke of common-sense gun control it would be honest common-sense measures. I also thought the gun grabbers were few and far between that it would never be an issue. I was wrong.

I also thought the left would never attack the 1st amendment, but there has been plenty of proof posted here about Antifa and the media backing them.

There is a lot of bullsh!t going on with both sides, but the left have left the reservation IMO.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Honestly, what I enjoy more of ATS is reading other members threads/posts, some members amaze me with their knowledge & wisdom while others make me spill my coveffe all over my keyboard (DB)....

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My opinion on guns was not changed on ATS, but it got the ball rolling.

Someone who was not in the U.S. pointed out that guns were legal in their country, yet they didn't have the problems we do. This was many, many years ago.

That led to me being more aware of my real life surroundings in this regard, and realizing that some Americans' love affair with guns is more than unnatural and irrational: It's socially irresponsible and dangerous.

That, and the change in some sections of American culture itself towards more isolationism, misunderstandings among different groups of people and the downward spiral of education that all lead to people clinging more to their guns as a security blanket of sorts.

I believe that what we have is a cultural problem that leads to gun violence. 10 years ago you would have never convinced me of that.

All thanks to some random poster on ATS from a country other than mine that got the ball rolling on me re-thinking a personal opinion.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I've had a number of thoughts and theories change (or more precisely evolve) since coming to ATS.

Since I'm not much into Politics, if it had not been for the esteem membership's thread and posts, I'd probably still be enjoying my ignorance on the various geopolitical subject matters.

I've been able to glean a whole slew-full amount of knowledge and thought's on a variety of subject's from the overall mindset from member's of different races, faith's and belief system's.

So in summary... YES, ATS has changed my opinion on a number of thought-provoking ideas and claim's. What it boil's down to is that apparently........ I'm still a ' Human in Training ' .

Johnny

edit on 9/27/2019 by JohnnyAnonymous because: TYPO's of course!

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
i was raised Catholic my whole life believed in Jesus,
thought the government was here to protect us,
thought GMO's were good,
thought vaccines were good,
thought pharmacuetical industry wanted to cure your diseases,
thought doctors were the smartest people and had the best information we had available,
thought scientists were doing their best to tell the truth,
thought george bush sr. was a decent guy,
thought 9/11 was pulled off by a guy in a cave,
thought the CIA was a good organization
thought the education system was there to teach us the latest and greatest information
thought consciousness was confined to the human body until death

So yeah all that has changed.
I know Jesus never existed,
vaccines cause autism
big pharm is poisoning us on purpose
doctors aren't taught about proper nutrition and are basically glorified pharmaceutical dealers
scientists are paid by big corporations to come up with the data they want to see
george bush Sr, was a child rapist
9/11 was a satanic ritual
The CIA is the most evil criminal organization the world has ever seen
the education system is designed to create unquestioning debt slaves.
and i can astral project almost at will.

I was super brainwashed by the Catholic education system when I first came here. Very proud to be free from that hell now.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
Isnt it amazing. One of us is a moron

It isn't you...

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

edit on 27-9-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join