It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridiculous debunking "investigation" of "Missing 411"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
A writer for the Skeptical Inquirer" performs a major hit-piece, turning the topic into a tin foil hat conspiracy joke, complete with ghosts, fairies, and even "nefarious Batman type villians".

For starters, the entire piece is utterly rife with lies. Absolute falsehoods. You'll see it in the first few seconds of reading. I don't even have to pick out specific examples. The whole piece is one big lie. The author ridicules the subject, then admits he himself has not really researched it.
His conclusion? Maybe it's a serial killer. The National Park Service is understaffed and doesn't have the resources to do anything about it.

Not once does he mention the truly bizarre, the utterly beyond bizarre components of many of the 411 cases. In fact, he claims that "nothing spooky" is happening at all !!

Rant over, except to say that this clown gives skeptical inquireres a bad name.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

That was a terrible article.
He clearly states the paulidies seems sincere in his writings and makes no claims about the oddities he's investigated.
Isn't that what paulidies should be doing?
He also tries to explain away these cases with understaffed park rangers but that comes nowhere close to explaining the odd facts of many of these cases.

The way I understand the missing 411 material is that it's a warning to watch your ass in federal parks. What's the problem with that?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So...

Does he want attention?

Or is he paid to make it go away?

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

A skunk can't smell his own stink. You only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character.

The problem with people's prejudice and bigotry is unless you think really hard about it most people don't think they have any! As I've often said people who think they have the most common sense are the very ones with the most irrational beliefs!

edit on 25-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Actually a skunk can smell it's own stink.

The more you know....

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant
I'm thinking this idiot is trying to make a name for himself, apparently not caring if it is good or bad.

Some people will take their attention any way they can get it.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Just let it go. You're stressing yourself unnecessarily.

We both know the truth and we have a lot of company all across the country.

One pinhead's hit-piece is a drop in the ocean of evidence.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

You're right. I shouldn't care.
But the thing that got me ticked off was the idea that Paulides was actually doing the whole thing as a publicity stunt to promote a game!

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: Creep Thumper

You're right. I shouldn't care.
But the thing that got me ticked off was the idea that Paulides was actually doing the whole thing as a publicity stunt to promote a game!

The guy who wrote this is an a**hole and a POS. He is trying to make a name for himself by attacking a man with impeccable character.

It ain't working. He's only impugning his own character. People unfamiliar with Paulides will do the research, read the books and conclude this.

Paulides will be okay. He stands on a foundation of truth and fact. 👍

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

He was just having a slow month I imagine, plus The Skeptical Inquirer doesn't really care what you "debunk" or how you debunk it. Someone at head office takes SEO data from searches like "is x real", "is x credible", "x hoax?" and just makes a list of article topics that readers would click on/read. Missing 411 is a big internet deal.

It's unfortunate that the writer didn't really do a great job with the article, but I wouldn't put much into it. It's just a small paycheck for them.
edit on 25-9-2019 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

top topics

join