It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 year old girl charged with a hate crime

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

An 11-year-old white girl is charged with a hate crime after a 10-year-old African-American girl was subjected to "racially motivated language" and a black eye, police said Monday.

Let me take everyone back in time for a moment.

The year is 1979, yes we were still wearing bell bottoms then. If you got in a fight on the bus (I did) and you came home and your parents found out, you would then get a second round of beatings.

If you happen to beat up another child, and their parents phoned your parents, or God forbid came to your house to speak to your parents you knew you were in what we called "deep trouble"... Your heart would beat so fast you could feel it in your throat, your palms were sweaty, you wondered if you would make it out alive. Thought of the last spanking filled your mind, how much that thick leather belt stung. If you happened to say any swear words or use any racial language, you might as well kiss your butt goodbye.

That is exactly how we handled these situations back in the day. I can guarantee you they were not repeated. By the end of the school year, you and that child you fought with were best friends. I don't know how it happened like that, but it always did somehow.

Now I guess we have to get the police involved and give a permanent record to 11 years olds! Stupid....

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This could be the next ice bucket challenge..

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This is the digital age, humans are progressing rapidly.

11 year old children are much more mature then they were 20 years ago.

They understand race(racism), gender, sex, relationships, climate change, politics.

It's current year and humanity is more enlightened then ever.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

humans are progressing rapidly.

If we are giving 11 yr olds a police record for a school bus fight, we are not progressing.

Why stop at 11, this was on the news yesterday..

www.cbsnews.com...
Florida police officer fired after arresting pair of 6-year-olds

Authorities say a Florida police officer has been fired and is being investigated after arresting two six-year-olds for separate incidents at their schools. CBS Orlando affiliate WKMG-TV reports that Officer Dennis Turner was previously suspended pending the outcome of an internal investigation by the Orlando Police Department.

edit on 24-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

humans are progressing rapidly.

If we are giving 11 yr olds a police record for a school bus fight, we are not progressing.

But it was to combat racism.

That's progress, no more making excuses for white supremacy.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I grew up in 70s/80s in the south. I'm a black guy. I got in a few fights with white kids at school. At no point did me or the white kids ever think it was "racism". Kids at that age don't really have a deep concept of "race".

This is really disturbing because it creates a sort of minority privilege where anything done to us can be perceived to be racially motivated.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

America needs to get into the modern world, and actually set a minimum age of criminal responsibility.

I believe only a few States have one, but it needs to be administered across the board.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I think the police should be involved. Parents need to teach their children not to hate and not fight. It's a good lesson for the white girl.

edit on 24-9-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If this was my child. I'd be committing a hate crime against everyone involved in prosecuting my kid with a hate crime. This just makes my blood boil. Kids at this age fight and say mean things to each other. Dropping felonies on kids is not the solution and will probably cause some serious backlash. You don't mess with people's kids.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think the police should be involved. Parents need to teach their children not to hate and not fight. It's a good lesson for the white girl.

By involving the police you are not giving the parents, the opportunity to parent.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You mean parents should do the parenting?

Sounds like some strange sorcery... Or perhaps some Utopia from a science fiction novel...

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

YES, beat your kids to teach them violence is wrong...

if i can't punch you in the mouth for doing something wrong as an adult (that's assault) using pain compliance on children is not appropriate.

not saying the cops should be involved AT ALL either, but violence only begets violence.

the parents of both parties should work together and solve this... but i know that area of NY very well, and the odds the white parents will approach this civilly is remote.

its true that the further north you go the more south it gets

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
This is the digital age, humans are progressing rapidly.

11 year old children are much more mature then they were 20 years ago.

They understand race(racism), gender, sex, relationships, climate change, politics.

It's current year and humanity is more enlightened then ever.

I want no part in your BS progress against 11 year old children. Hard pass on your virtue mission.

Most people who claim to be woke or enlightened are full of it

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

At no point did me or the white kids ever think it was "racism". Kids at that age don't really have a deep concept of "race".

i bet if one of them called you a Ni**er before punching you in the mouth you'd think differently lol

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

At no point did me or the white kids ever think it was "racism". Kids at that age don't really have a deep concept of "race".

i bet if one of them called you a Ni**er before punching you in the mouth you'd think differently lol

You mean after I called him h*nky or cr*cker?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

no they THINK they do, along with knowing everything else...

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Exactly, always two sides to the story.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

if anyone seriously tried to insult me by calling me either of those i'd fall over laughing... it's not really the same, or maybe its just me.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

You are wrong. I'm Asian, I was called every name in the book. We all shrugged it off. Kids say all kinds of stupid stuff.
We even said stuff that we didn't even realize we were saying. Thinking back I'd say a good 95% of us would have had a police record if judged by
today's standards!
edit on 24-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Racism should not be tolerated, dunno why some here are upset.
*Sees threads and posts denouncing anti-fascism* ah ok check

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join