It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 year old girl charged with a hate crime

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: Edumakated

if anyone seriously tried to insult me by calling me either of those i'd fall over laughing... it's not really the same, or maybe its just me.

Or.. Maybe it is kinda the same?

All friends I have ever had of any skin color laughs it off. And, thats the stuff coming from strangers

People would be horrified by the sh.. Craptalking we did to each other playing video games, pool, etc.

And yeah, keep the damn police out of it.

Derpy authoritarians dont know what they are working towards. They really dont.
edit on 24-9-2019 by Serdgiam because: Clarity. Of justice! And antifascism! Sorry, that was my derpleganger

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm in my 50's. That is not how my childhood went. If someone tried to punk me I had permission to deal with the problem, violently if necessary.

Worked well. We never ended up best friends.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hate crimes shouldn't even be a thing. We already have laws for the initial crime. We don't need to prosecute people an extra amount because of words.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think the police should be involved. Parents need to teach their children not to hate and not fight. It's a good lesson for the white girl.

Shouldn't it be a good lesson for the black girl and or black kids too? So should they not all be charged with hate crimes when they get into fights?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Good God...for an 11 year old kid...really?!?! Kids get in fights...usually there is a lot more to it or a history there. So to lose your cool and snap saying hateful things at an age where they are not nearly mature enough to understand the consequences nor how bad the things they say really can hurt is pretty common. There should definetly be discipline but a f#%× criminal record of hate crime over it...at f#%×in 11...smh.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: MisterSpock
This is the digital age, humans are progressing rapidly.

11 year old children are much more mature then they were 20 years ago.

They understand race(racism), gender, sex, relationships, climate change, politics.

It's current year and humanity is more enlightened then ever.

I want no part in your BS progress against 11 year old children. Hard pass on your virtue mission.

Most people who claim to be woke or enlightened are full of it

But progressivism...

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

YES, beat your kids to teach them violence is wrong...

Wasn't "beating" , was punishment for doing something wrong .
One learned not to do something wrong , or face punishment .
So , you believe in no punishment for wrong-doing ?
Criminal activity is ok with you ?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I grew up in 70s/80s in the south. I'm a black guy. I got in a few fights with white kids at school. At no point did me or the white kids ever think it was "racism". Kids at that age don't really have a deep concept of "race".

'
'

This is really disturbing because it creates a sort of minority privilege where anything done to us can be perceived to be racially motivated.

It also gives the perception that *Hate* crime can only be committed one way........

by a white person?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Shouldn't it be a good lesson for the black girl and or black kids too? So should they not all be charged with hate crimes when they get into fights?

Isn't that the BIG problem of today?

Political Correctness in 'over drive' .........

Assault is an assault unless a black person is involved......

Then it becomes two crimes an assault and a hate crime?

Doesn't make sense to me /smh

Seems to me its the system that is encouraging/pushing *Hate*

edit on 24-9-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
This is the digital age, humans are progressing rapidly.

11 year old children are much more mature then they were 20 years ago.

They understand race(racism), gender, sex, relationships, climate change, politics.

It's current year and humanity is more enlightened then ever.

I am pretty tired... But guessing Irony? i have said it before, and will say again that you are the master of it.. Have you tried talking to the government about it? Weaponized irony?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
All violent fights stem from hate not love. A crime of violence is simply a crime of violence no matter any classifications.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Wow some of the responses to this make me sick toy stomach, literally.

It's the results of the same attitudes that think zero tolerance policies are a good idea. One mistake can ruin your life. This is just plain ridiculous. I don't care how mature you think someone is because they can be on the internet and learn things.

My life was seriously ruined for a long time over a zero tolerance policy. I was 20 years old in the Navy, I was very mature and an excellent sailor, I was an e5 by that age because I knew my stuff and did my job very well, I knew how to lead and manage people and all my evals were excellent. My master cheif even told me I would be on track to be a 7 year chief of I kept up the good work. But guess what, I was 20 and after returning home from Kuwait I went to party at a college and I smoked some weed. I didn't fail a drug test or anything like that, just admitted to it. Zero tolerance means I was gone. One mistake that seems pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of the military. I did not dishonor my country or serve in a diminished capacity, trust me there were plenty of those people that are still in.

I honestly don't care what anyone things of my story but any person that wants to ruin people's lives over one mistake are awful people. Humans make mistakes and especially when they are young.

Cue the thought police, we only want people that make good choices and never learn consequences or people that are really good at lying.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

America needs to get into the modern world, and actually set a minimum age of criminal responsibility.

I believe only a few States have one, but it needs to be administered across the board.

I can see this happening... the executive board of prison management corporations are demanding higher profits. The only way to do it is to find more inmates. After considerable brainstorming, they come up with a plan to expand their market to children. That's the 5 year plan. The 10 year plan will include babies and pets.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasSeabee

I honestly don't care what anyone things of my story but any person that wants to ruin people's lives over one mistake are awful people. Humans make mistakes and especially when they are young.

"Oh poor me!!"

Who made the mistake/decision??

You were 20yrs ..... an adult you should have picked up looong ago that

actions have consequences. Thats why parents have a 'naughty step'.

Cue the thought police, we only want people that make good choices and never learn consequences or people that are really good at lying.

Well seemingly it was YOU never learnt consequences

edit on 25-9-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock
Disagree.
Children are exposed to much more than they were 20 (or 40 for the OP) years ago.
They are NOT more mature. More jaded, more acclimated, neither signs of maturity.
Check your definition of enlightenment, and while you're at it examine "understanding" as you define it.

In 2019, Humanity is aware of and interacts with such a diversity of world view and directed attention programming that confusion reigns rather than enlightenment, misdirection rather than real perspective.

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It's all ludicrous. Kids make mistakes.

Couple this with the fact that a group of black people torturing a disabled white guy for hours while hurling racial slurs at him was NOT a hate crime.

There's zero common sense from the left.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

No not poor me. I guess you missed the part where I said I admitted my mistakes and took responsibility for it knowing I would be kicked out. Master Chief tried everything to keep me in but it was zero tolerance. I have led quite a successful life after I got over the shame.

And no 20 is not an adult. By law yes but emotionally and mentally no.

This is what I get for talking to people online.

edit on 25-9-2019 by TexasSeabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I don't even think Stalin's Russia would be go so far as to charge an 11-year old as a thought criminal.

Sad times we live in.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

"Oh poor me!!" Who made the mistake/decision?? You were 20yrs ..... an adult you should have picked up looong ago that actions have consequences. Thats why parents have a 'naughty step'.

He's not arguing that he shouldn't have been punished. He was just saying a lapse in judgement should not ruin your life.
I agree. I think we need to look at the seriousness of the crimes at hand too.

posted on Sep, 25 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

So , you believe in no punishment for wrong-doing ?

no i believe in not hitting people to get them to do what you say.

we don't beat or hit criminals unless they use violence first, we put them on trial and lock them in cages.

again, if i can't punch you in the mouth when you do something wrong, no, you shouldn't hit your kids.

your a lazy parent if you do, mentally lazy. there are plenty of ways to discipline a child without hitting them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join