It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Webpage about ATS: A must see!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
DC1

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I wish I would have been able to do it .......some of what I found and translated was way off, Im sorry to have done such a poor job.

Drb, if I may, I think it was so hard to do not being fluent with the language! Your effort was notable, don't you...dare feel you did a poor job

It shows how much an automatic translator can sidetrack a concept though, doesn't it? English is not my mother language and I remember all too well what it feels to read words that have no meaning at all. Yet whatever you may feel, the time you took and spent into tackling that webpage has moved other members into interacting and contributing to this pleasant thread - so all thumbs up to you my friend

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
ah DC1 i wish i could speak italian, funny embarrasing yourself in front of an italian girl by saying stupid things....but im going off topic so i'll shut up.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Thank you very much DC maybe after I finish cerilic languages then I might takel French and Italian, I did most of the simple German , and my son has been trying to teach me spanish, who knows maybe some day God willing I will know all of atleast one of these.

Thanks again for your incouragement.......I hope my book is more accurate than the computer auto translator......If not maybe you can teach me the right way to say this.....

Dio La Benedice

[edit on 7/3/2005 by drbryankkruta]

DC1

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Namehere, I see no reason for embarassment - it took me ten minutes to work out that MaskedAvatar's 'kaizen' was a Japanese word and not a German word

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
maybe you can teach me the right way to say this.....

Dio La Benedice

[edit on 7/3/2005 by drbryankkruta]

Dio ti benedica - and may God bless you too

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   
International community, new problems, new solutions, this is probably the most rapidly changeing E enviornment on the internet. Nearly 40K worth of unique people interacting in this one spot, that's got to be history in the making it's self. Italia is dragging us into the "international spot light", willing or unwilling, kicking and screaming or calmly, we are there.

House hold word the modern world over, face it people ATS is bigger than we realise. Why else do you think google, dogpile, and other huge e powers that be want in, we are every where....and they know it.

When ATS develops stock options, I will be standing by for my portfolio to be thickened a little. Roger that Springer?

Wonder if we can beat Google in the internet stocks?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Wow, thanks for the great translation DC1!!! I gave up after reading a few paragraphs of the machine translation.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Kaizen word for progress or advancement forward motion is this right , I havent seen that word in years but I think that is right or at least I hope so , otherwise I just got insulted and said thank you.

DC1

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
djohn, you're more than welcome

Kaizen word for progress or advancement forward motion is this right , I havent seen that word in years but I think that is right or at least I hope so , otherwise I just got insulted and said thank you.

from Dictionary.com:
KAIZEN

Main Entry: kaizen
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: Japanese for continuous and incremental improvement, a business philosophy about working practices and efficiency; improvement in productivity or performance
Etymology: Japanese `change for the better'

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DC1
djohn, you're more than welcome

from Dictionary.com:
KAIZEN

Main Entry: kaizen
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: Japanese for continuous and incremental improvement, a business philosophy about working practices and efficiency; improvement in productivity or performance
Etymology: Japanese `change for the better'

Well for not having heard it in years I have to admit im surprised I was even close.......hehehe.......I know little bits here and there but never have I gotten the whole thing,,,,,but learning all the languages I want to is hard , but I look forward to talking to people from around the world with out making them talk in english so I can understand ,,,,,,,so I am not giving up.

DC1

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
International community, new problems, new solutions, this is probably the most rapidly changeing E enviornment on the internet. Nearly 40K worth of unique people interacting in this one spot, that's got to be history in the making it's self.

I'd also underline the fact that the majority of ATS members are people who strive to improve, expand, share and most of all are willing to communicate.

Er... probably the best school in history?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join