It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Webpage about ATS: A must see!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Everyone take a look at the below link. You might have to use an online translater to read it. Its in italian.

www.informiamo.com...

Ive translated the below part, its a bit different in translation, but you can still see the point, and it reads...

ATS is situated a much bond and decidedly popular. The design is cured, and many webmaster would have to learn from ATS. Large the engagement. Some incongruenza here and here in navigation, perhaps due to the mass of contained to show, does not prevent the usufrutto of the portale. We are decidedly on the way of "professional above top secret". It compliments the owners therefore, than the force he is with they, above top secret!!!

MAn, its so nice to hear things like this about our beloved ats.

-J

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Very Cool

Here's a link to a Google translation of the site:

Google translation of informiamo article

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Very cool and good to know. Congrats Simon, SO and everyone here.

Good work.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is really cool

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thank you Ace for the trasnlated page link

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Wow, thats true!

Simon, SO, William One Sac, Bob88, Springer....and the entire staff: Mission Accomplished

dc

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Keep the kaizen going on the usufrutto!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
complete translation as per alta vista bable fish translator

babelfish.altavista.com...

After to have destroyed two situated ones, stavolta they are decided to me to introduce a situated one to you planned much best. "Above Top Secret" is true and a just portale one constituted nearly entire from a gigantic forum. Nearly, inasmuch as the contents do not lack! Situated (the ATS for the friends), we read in Home Page, is between the forum more it goes you of the web and is centralized on the topics of the cospirazionismo, the cover up and arguments alternated to you. With beyond 2000 post to the day, the situated one could turn out extensive too much and confused for the new ones it arrives to you. For they they have been puttinges to disposition of the post informed to you in the forum. Much good: we know of what draft the situated one and the new customer finds indications useful. Their maxim is "deny ignorance", "denies the ignorance". Perfectly coherent. Situated ago the part of a network of all respect (you see linguette up). Being ATS nearly only a forum, many contents in Home Page refer the same one. I cannot make less than to notice one sure slowness of loading, although my ADSL, of sure pages: 84 KB of Home Page, decidedly too many!! We notice also the publicity, introduced in consequence of the high popolarità and of it elevates costs to you of hosting, responsible of a boring refresh. Bah! Here the balls begin to turn "above top secret"... The colors have been chosen with cure (red, black, grays) and send back to a dossier secret, the layout very it is thought and cured: Up, navigation and the identity of the situated one, with a character type "X files" accompanied from one disc of a valve. On the left information tied to the forum, to the center other recent contents, right the publicity and other information on the blogs. Graphically the situated one works very well and contains little errors, always to level of finenesses. The first one, up to right: the printing office sfora regarding the length of the linguette. It would have been enough to create of the linguette of equal length but longer. We said: cospirazionismo, cover up and arguments alternated to you. We find in effects the topic extraterrestri/UFO, but also the terrorism, you arm, aerospace, stellar technology, wars, etc. "tabs" the black ones up, under the red bar, carry us to the thematic areas. In every area, various pages, cues of argument for the forum. As an example, we take Area51 and we jump to www.abovetopsecret.com... According to point to criticize: "tabs" up they disappear, and without reason. Where they are ended? On the left, showing the hierarchy of the chosen argument (Area 51, in this case)! The problem is not that this visual solution not functions: however, maintaining same "tabs" on all the pages, the authors would have maintained greater coherence with the layout. Link "the ATS home", evidenced in red, could have come placed up, instead that in bottom to the left area.

We see the forum: www.abovetopsecret.com...: 17954 members, complimentoni!!! Ricompaiono on the left the contents legacies to the forum that in the page "Area 51" have been replaced from the link to the thematic areas. Mah! Other giramento "above top secret"... We find a space occupied from the news of the "Above Top Secret News Network" (ATSNN), a true portale stracolmo of news. Thanks, you could not put them single in Home Page, in place of all those sends back to the forum? To the same place of the news, they could have put the link "search", "recent posts", "blogs", "2003", "deny" and "submit news" (than before not there were at all) let alone the box of login! In this way, of new, they could have maintained the famous ones up "tabs". Every section of the forum has a various color and a icona on the left; decidedly one good idea. In bottom, we closely find three tables tied to the forum: who is, who has been in previous the 6 hours and who is in chat. The length of the three tables is not equal to the margins of the page. Navigation Navigation in short works, in spite of the incongruenze here and here, perhaps due to the increase of the portale and the many its contained services and. The logo in the forum, door to the Home Page, but in the page "Area 51" not. The situated ones map are present. Contained The many and richest in the forum, less deepened elsewhere. Null to ridire if... who cabbage is not behind the situated one? What makes in the life? To notice the blog, a beautiful idea that attracts new customers: the owner they have invested quite in a new dominion (blogs.abovetopsecret.com), maintaining the ATS identity visual. Technique The good old HTML places side by side the PHP used in the forum. Famous with it appeal to the presence of channels RSS. The CSS are unfortunately inner that instead external. Up, moreover we find three empty lines before the beginning of the code. Also more low useless spaces are found. "still more anomalous", or "above top secret", code parts type: In the link, it comes recalled a CSS class ("class"), but endured after it comes used a esadecimale color ("# FFFFFF"). The CSS serves to specify also the color, ragion for which the authors they complicate the life... "above top secret"! Conclusion ATS is situated a much bond and decidedly popular. The design is cured, and many webmaster would have to learn from ATS. Large the engagement. Some incongruenza here and here in navigation, perhaps due to the mass of contained to show, does not prevent the usufrutto of the portale. We are decidedly on the way of "professional above top secret". It compliments the owners therefore, than the force he is with they, above top secret!!! Webmaster of INFORMIAMO.COM: Carmelo Scuderi

[edit on 6/3/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Is there an Italian speaking person who can tell me if im right this was hard some words didnt translate right????

DC1

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
Is there an Italian speaking person who can tell me if im right this was hard some words didnt translate right????

Yes - give me a minute. If my PC doesn't commit hara-kiri in the meantime, I'll complete it for you

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
thank you I was trying to a good thing and found out it was not that easy without the required text familuarity, and some of the words confused the computer tooo

DC1

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is most of it - I'm finishing it right now...

After tearing apart two websites, this time I've decided to present you all with a website that has been assembled way better.
"Above Top Secret" is a complete website constituted almost entirely by a gigantic forum. Almost, as contents are certainly not lacking! On the homepage we can read that the website (commonly known as ATS) is one of the largest forums on the web and focuses on conspiracy, cover up and alternative discussion topics. With over 2000 posts every day, the website might result too extended and confusing for new users. For them there are some informative posts available on the forum. Very well: we know what the website deals with and the new user finds useful indications.

Their maxim is 'deny ignorance', 'you: deny ignorance'. That is perfecly coherent. The website is part of a qualitative network (see tabs above). As ATS is almost only a forum, much of the content on the home page refer directly to it. I cannot but note a certain slowness in loading, even with my ADSL, of some pages: 84 KB of home page...definitely too much!! We also note the adverts, introduced as a consequence of the high popularity and elevated hosting costs, responsible for boring refreshes. Ugh...this is a bit of a PITA 'above top secret'...

Great care has been taken in the choice of colours (red, black, shades of grey) which make you think of a secret dossier, while the layout is well thought out and neat: up above, nav tabs and site identity, using a font resembling 'X files', decorated with a magnifying glass. On the left info regarding the forum, in the centre other recent contents and on the right adverts and other info on blogs.

Graphically, the website runs great and contains very few errors, and we're talking minute details here. One, for example, top right: the tipography overlays compared to the length of the tabs. It would have been enough to create slightly longer tabs (Note: this doesn't make sense in Italian either).

We were saying: conspiracies, cover up and alternative discussions. We do infact find topics such as extraterrestrials/UFO but also terrorism, weaponry, aerospatial, technology, star wars, etc. The black tabs at the top, under the red bar, guide us to the topic areas. In every area there are various pages and cues for forum discussions.

For example, let's take Area51 and jump to www.abovetopsecret.com... - second point to criticize: the tabs at the top disappear, for no reason. Where are they gone? On the left, where it shows the hyerarchy of the chosen topic (in this case, Area 51)! The problem is not that this visual solution doesn't work: nevertheless, maintaining the same tabs on every page, the authors would have maintained a better coherence with the layout. The link 'ATS home', highlighted in red, could have been placed at the top, instead of the bottom of the area on the left.

We see the forum www.abovetopsecret.com...: 17954 members, congratulations!!! Again, on the left, the contents tied to the forums which in the Area 51 page were substituted by links of other topic areas... Strange... Another weird thing 'above top secret'...

We find a space filled by news from "Above Top Secret News Network" (ATSNN), site packed-full of news. Thanks, couldn't you place them just on the homepage instead of all those link-backs to the forum? In its same place, there could have been the links for 'search', "recent posts", "blogs", "2003", "deny" and "submit news" (that weren't there before) plus the Log In box! In this way, again, the above mentioned tabs could have remained in their place up top.

Every section of the forum has a different colour and an icon on the left; definitely a good idea. At the bottom, we find three tables closely tied to the forum: who's online, who was online in the past 6 hours and who's in chat. The length of these three tables is not equal to the page margins.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well, that was fantastic kaizen on the incongruenza, DC1.

No dishonor or hara-kiri round your parts today!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Awesome! That's so cool
. That'd be funny if they did a news story on it someday. Seems ATS is gaining fame.

DC1

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
... and the last bit

Navigation
Basically, its navigation works just fine, even if with a few incongruences here and there, owed perhaps to the growth of the website and to its so many services and contents. The forum logo takes you to the homepage, but on the Area 51 page it does not. Site map is present.

Contents
So many and so richly filled in the forum, a bit less elsewhere. Nothing to say except... who in the world is looking after (Note: he means 'doing') the website? What do they do in life? One thing to notice, the blogs - a good idea which attracts new users: the owners have even invested for a new domain (blogs.abovetopsecret.com), maintaining the ATS visual identity.

Technique
Good old HTML side by side with PHP used in the forum. It's a pleasure to note the presence of RSS channels. Css are unfortunately internal instead of external. At the top, furthermore, we find three empty lines before the beginning of the code. Also at the bottom there are some useless spacings.

Even more unusual, or 'above top secret', parts of code like:
< a href='http://blogs.abovetopsecret.com/vaswegpg.php' target='_new' class='vsmalltxt' style='color: #FFFFFF;'>
In the link, a CSS class is called in ("class", but straight after it is used a Hex colour ("#FFFFFF"). CSS is used to specify colour too, which means that the authors love to complicate their life... "above top secret"!

Conclusion
ATS is a very good website and definitely very popular. The design is neatly done and many webmasters could learn a lot from ATS. A great effort. A few incongruences here an there concerning navigation, perhaps owed by the massive quantity of contents to show, which in any case does not impair the use of the website.
We are definitely on the way of 'professional above top secret'. Congratulations to the owners, then, may the force be with them, above top secret!!!

Webmaster of INFORMIAMO.COM: Carmelo Scuderi

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Just awsome, this place is growing up so fast it's almost freaky. I am waiting to see how the community changes next. Soon it will be a house hold word...

DC1

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Thank you - only a simple example of usufrutt-ing the coal-fuelled PC for kaizen-ing a confusing, automatic translation...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DC1

Thank you - only a simple example of usufrutt-ing the coal-fuelled PC for kaizen-ing a confusing, automatic translation...

Well at least i tryed a best I could, so I dont feel bad for not speaking Italian, I think the effort was worth it to atleats get some understanding, but then I knew I wasnt totally right so I asked for help........I thank you for the help DC1,,,,,,I knew I was having problems.

[edit on 6/3/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
drb

Look, and you will see you were also a proponent of kaizen in your inital atruistic actions.

Ciao bebe.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   

drb

Look, and you will see you were also a proponent of kaizen in your inital atruistic actions.

Ciao bebe.

Thanks , I should have tried harder though , but I figured I would find someone to fix it for me , but I wish I would have been able to do it .......some of what I found and translated was way off, Im sorry to have done such a poor job.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The italians are really advanced in the terms of 'community networking' this is no small appraisal of ATS...this is big

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join