It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangers with programming children with the End Of The World in 12 years myth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

AOC is an expert on the matter

No one but the climate scientists are an expert on the matter.
And no one is listening to them.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

LOL, how many kids in that video have ditched their cars Momma/Daddy bought them b/c of harm to the environment?

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hey, you gotta' remember, some of these politicians are gettin' old.

If they can't get their frail and bony fingers on the cash now...they may not have time to spend it all!

"12 YEARS!...THE WORLD IS GONNA' END IN 12 YEARS!!"

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: machineintelligence

I remember being lied to by my high school,30 fricken years ago, about how dangerous marijuana was and other lovely "untruths"..

All that did for me was to give me a major mistrust of anyone in authority basically the exact opposite of its intended goal.

Absolutely! Around 1989, I was told at current rates, the world would effectively be out of oil by 1995.

There were others that were just teachers who thought they knew more than they didn't, rather than organized propaganda, but they had the same effect.

Just one example: In 3rd grade I was told it was just my imagination that I could see the portion of the moon's disc that was in shadow during a crescent moon (you can, it differentiates in color from the night sky)

But the NO oil by 1995...there was an expiration on that inconvenient lie and once it ran its course, we all knew they were lying to us. If not lying on purpose, that maybe we needed new scientists (not copies of the magazine.)

Besides a healthy distrust of authority, it also reinforced one of my core mantras: "Don't Panic."

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Absolutely! Around 1989, I was told at current rates, the world would effectively be out of oil by 1995.

There were others that were just teachers who thought they knew more than they didn't, rather than organized propaganda, but they had the same effect.

I think your memory is a little out in details (we weren't going to run out that quickly, just reach peak oil by then) but nonetheless, the peak oil prediction was correct - based on what scientists we knew at the time.

(Unlike some, scientists do not have time machines so weren't to know that advances in geology and technology would open huge new reserves unknown of at the time)

This 12 year thingie is totally wrong based even on what dumb ass journalists and politicians know. I have no idea who is peddling it to whom, but someone is being seriously conned here because climate science is saying absolutely nothing of the sort.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The cold war propaganda was pretty strong in the 1970s when I was growing up. My teen years in the late 70s pretty much solidified my fear of an atomic war with Russia into rebellion against the government and status quo. Sex, drugs and rock-n-roll was the motto because the end was always just a few minutes away if Russia sent the nukes flying.

Although I actually loved learning, I had little respect for schools (basically hated it), churches, and other establishment organizations. I didn't vote until the 1980s because I felt voting was just a bad joke. I never thought I had a future in my early adulthood because of pollution, mass extinction, the threat of nuclear war, economic problems, politics, etc.

I've been waiting for the end to come since the 1970s and I'm still waiting, still expecting the doom any day now. I tried to make my way, be something more than a shop rat in the Detroit area auto-industry, but ultimately I dropped out when I had the opportunity to. Now I live in a swamp in the boondocks, earn money with mindless work and have little passion for anything that used to motivate me.

The biggest danger is the fear causing young people to lose hope in a future worth living in. They won't realize that they create the future and won't try to do anything worthy in their lives because they feel helpless.
edit on 24-9-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This is what I think on this climate matter.
If climate change alarmist went out and planted trees or better still hemp they would effect the carbon footprint of humans far more effectively than blocking traffic and screaming at people or chanting slogans. Planting and caring for the soil and water picking up garbage instead of leaving it behind is taking action. What they are doing is throwing a temper tantrum.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: schuyler

Are you saying climate change alarmism is a religious indoctrination type of program?

Did enjoy this article concerning evangelism, tithing, heretics, fatwas and eschatology:

10 Creepy Reasons Climate Change Is Starting To Look Like A Religion

Has anyone checked if Great Thunberg has 666 on her head?

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

This video clarifies this very well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join