It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1987 Bernie says Medicaid for all would bankrupt the nation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I'd rather see us spend money on healthcare than defense. At least with healthcare your protect people from dying.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I'd rather see us spend money on healthcare than defense. At least with healthcare your protect people from dying.

Id rather not bankrupt the country

We can stop the foreign wars part, I’m with that

But even doing that wouldn’t pay for the hundreds of trillions of dollars in programs Bernie and his pals are proposing

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I just love out-of-context quotes - they mean nothing without the context.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Bernie started feeling this way about Medicaid after he got his first job, at age 42. That job came with health insurance as a benefit.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

All questions and discussions of US healthcare (cost-related) make my blood boil.

Regardless of whether its taxpayer funded or out of pocket, we spend a much higher percentage of our GDP on healthcare than other top nations (by a LOT!)

Some disgusting numbers here

There is NO WAY IN HELL we should be so out of line! If we had the best healthcare and best life expectancy, sure. What we have is the best system for enriching pharmaceutical corps, health system megacorps and insurance corps.

If we reined them in like others do, we could have more and better facilities, pay actual healthcare workers (docs, nurses, technicians, etc) more, and be the envy of the world for our healthcare system.

But no...we're the laughing stock, and we feed the profit engine with our lives.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Our health club is like ATS....always the same 75 or so people in there. Way more than 75 of our 60,000 town residents spend a lot of time at McDonalds, Chipotle, Burger King, etc..

Maybe people will take better care of themselves after Medicare-4-all reduces the quality of medical care? People will do all they can to stay healthy and away from the medical system!

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Self preservation by avoidance 😎

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Is he still dancing? I thought all you had to do was turn the music off and he'd sit down and stop moving.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Yeah that worked out real well for Obama's America.
Trump had to clean up that dullard's mess too and he's STILL winning.
Hahaha... dullard.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Things are different now. The rich have accumulated so much wealth and sucked this country dry. Tax them and let them pay for it. The Walton family makes $25,000 a minute. Surely they could pitch in on medical benefits for the poor since they are the countries biggest employer.

<< 1   >>

join