It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with well well done steak?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm the same. Its medium well done or well done. I like it also because it allows me to use the sauce better. The blood doesnt bother me on rare. To me, rare steak is soft, but to chewy. Well done taste more full bodied. Like i'm actually eating something.

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I wasn't trying to be mean, so you don't have to get defensive. You started this thread focusing on taste, and apparently were looking for concurrence. All I am saying is your "taste" is being confused with your perceptions of things like texture and appearance which don't have a lot to do with "taste".

Being you are Asian then you likely know about the Durian fruit, correct? Durian is a classic of what I'm talking about and a pretty extreme example of the confusion of senses

I wasn't being defensive, I was genuinely amused. (sorry if it came off as sassy) Yes unfortunately I know durian, ugggggg
I do have an above average sense of smell, I know taste and smell are closely related. That might be one aspect.
I've had rare/medium meat enough to know I don't like it. I just don't. I would say the mouth feel, the bite, and the mineral flavor is what turns me off of it the most. When I bite into a rare piece of meat, it feels mushy to me. Some may say tender, but to me it makes me want to gag.

edit on 18-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
What's wrong with well well done steak?

First glance?

The extra well.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Lately the thought of meat turns me off. This is coming from someone who loves a slow cooked, well done filet mignon. Blood is repulsive to me. Maybe because it's been etched in to my brain that we should have no issue with it.

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Myrtales Instinct

When did your feelings about it change?

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Why bother if you are going to cook the flavor out of it?

Chewy salted cardboard.

Medium if you must, but medium rare is my favorite.

edit on 19-9-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Your money your choice. Well done is an easy way for them to sell the worst cuts of meat they have that day because you wont be able to tell the difference.

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
You get more carcinogens when meat turns burnt and crispy.

I'm sure i.saw some shock ad that said well done steaks cause cancer

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
I'm sure i.saw some shock ad that said well done steaks cause cancer

They also cause heathenism, barbarism and your children (if you can ever have any due to the low testosterone diet you've sworn to uphold) to be chronically inflicted with wedgies in school.

edit on 20-9-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Myrtales Instinct

Its been mentioned 3 times in this thread, its not blood

wiki

The red liquid is actually myoglobin, a protein that's only found in muscle tissue. Myoglobin carries oxygen through the muscle and contains a red pigment – which is why muscle tissue is red. As a steak is cooked, the myoglobin darkens – which is why the more “well-done” the meat is, the grayer it looks.May 18, 2017

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

(if you can ever have any due to the low testosterone diet you've sworn to uphold) to be chronically inflicted with wedgies in school.

Lurking at Aussie beach - the wedgie

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana

I'm the same. Its medium well done or well done. I like it also because it allows me to use the sauce better. The blood doesnt bother me on rare. To me, rare steak is soft, but to chewy. Well done taste more full bodied. Like i'm actually eating something.

...use the "sauce" better?????

Blasphemy! There shall be no sauce on thy steak...unless it's Bearnaise sauce!

The only people who put "sauce" on a steak are those who have requested to have their steaks cooked 'very, very, well done', and only because they've had the life cooked out of their steak, ermm, shoe leather because all the moisture has been removed from the meat. Sacrilege.
edit on 9/20/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join