It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange to stay in prison over absconding fears

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Ahh so only thing that matters is building a wall?.....

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Ahh so only thing that matters is building a wall?.....

How did you get "only" out of what I said? You must be an aspiring journalist and taking cues from CNN!

It's a matter of priorities. Assange's well being isn't as important as getting control of an inrush of illegal immigrants that affects 350 million people in this country. It's kind of like in one's personal life. I would put protection of my family over getting someone I know out of jail. It doesn't mean I wouldn't help that person but first things first.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
So the rape charges were nullified...Go look why..

The rape accusations against Assange timed out. The Swedish prosecutor decided there was little hope in getting him over to face his accusers. They have not been nullified - they could still be reactivated.

Everyone's an armchair jurist, but you have no access to the evidence apart from what was on the arrest warrant. I take the view that rape is a serious offence and that Assange needed to prove his innocence transparently. Loads of men get away with rape, and lots of men excuse it.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Oleandra88
So the rape charges were nullified...Go look why..

The rape accusations against Assange timed out. The Swedish prosecutor decided there was little hope in getting him over to face his accusers. They have not been nullified - they could still be reactivated.

Everyone's an armchair jurist, but you have no access to the evidence apart from what was on the arrest warrant. I take the view that rape is a serious offence and that Assange needed to prove his innocence transparently. Loads of men get away with rape, and lots of men excuse it.

As I remember the situation at the onset, the women involved did not want to press charges - it was the Swedish Prosecutor's office that insisted on the charges. One story was that the issue was the non-consensual omission of a condom. What were they doing in bed together anyway before going to sleep? The only real question here is whether or not the women were prompted/paid/induced/pressured into making these reports in the first place, because it seems like a complete setup from the onset.

BTW, statutes of limitation have expiration dates for reasons like the max prison term for the offense had elapsed. Planning one's defense around these statutes is considered prudent legal procedure. Since Assange didn't engage in further illicit activities, such as escaping, fleeing or fraudulent transport/emigration there are no mitigating factors to conclude he escaped justice. Technically, he'd have to be convicted first to avoid punishment and thus "escape justice". At the point at which Assange entered the Embassy, there were mere allegations and he was wanted for questioning, which quickly devolved into charges & extradition papers. At the time, we knew nothing of the secret grand jury charges recently disclosed accidentally by our presumably dysfunctional DOJ. Assange was wise to fear US extradition at that time: HRC wanted to send a drone...

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am very curious how they even intend to charge him with a crime... Under what jurisdiction and law would they even charge him? He isn't a US citizen so our laws do not apply to him outside our country's borders. So again...extradite him for what?

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
You make it look like I support rape when all I do is trying to say that these are still accusations.

Very convenient accusations for a certain Government shortly after he disclosed some things. That coupled with contradicting behavior and accusations from those two women, makes it look like it was a ruse to get him to Sweden so they can extradict him to the USA.

How overly convenient. And while that may or may not be the real story, you are still wrong on what you wrote like "he is on record as someone who bailes the law more than one time".

Please provide proof to that.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Understandable.. but doesn't make sense if you take into account all of the pointless tweets trump has sent out. One of those tweets could have been about having mercy on Assange.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Obama didn't praise Assange for helping him win an election by exposing his opponent. I criticize trump and you assume i must love obama?

The left vs right paradigm sure did a number on you!

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12
No, you assume, that I assume, you love Obama.

I do not count myself left or right, but I will use these words to describe both sides according to how they represent them to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

The rape was more than not using a condom. This is the approved judgement frm the High Court. It details the four offences the Swedes wanted to address with Assange, one of which was the rape of a sleeping woman.

Assange approved judgement opens in a PDF

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Not sure how anyone on ATS could still support trump if he doesn't try to help Assange out after constantly praising him for helping expose hillary.

Will Trump let assange rot and be a hypocrite?

FFS, this is not about Trump.
Get over it.

Our courts are holding a man in prison in case he does something wrong.
That's the story and it should scare people.

edit on 15/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Not sure how anyone on ATS could still support trump if he doesn't try to help Assange out after constantly praising him for helping expose hillary.

Will Trump let assange rot and be a hypocrite?

After Epstein, I wonder if the Trump inner circle would not want to risk losing Assange in transit.

In the same position, I would wonder if he is safer where he's at for the time being.
edit on 15-9-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

That is a point you do raise with all the deep state trickery going on. Just how well did it work out for Epstein in a secure facility against this monstrosity?

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
a reply to: ganjoa

The rape was more than not using a condom. This is the approved judgement frm the High Court. It details the four offences the Swedes wanted to address with Assange, one of which was the rape of a sleeping woman.

Assange approved judgement opens in a PDF

In a uniquely non-ATS fashion: I acknowledge your Denying Ignorance, your superior research and applaud your contribution to the thread as I firmly stand CORRECTED.

I guess it's common practice in Sweden to sleep naked with house guests with whom you're NOT having sexual relations. Perhaps the Inuit influence on Swedish culture needs some more research. Hold my beer.

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 20 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Assange was out on bail while his appeals were proceeding thru the UK court system. When the UK Supreme court upheld the extradition he fled to the embassy, which is how he violated his bail.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join