It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alienstock is officially dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Good tidings to all the UFO freaks out there, bad news for all the UFO groupies.

Alienstock is dead. Deceased. Gonski.

"Due to the lack of infrastructure, poor planning, risk management and blatant disregard for the safety of the expected 10,000+ AlienStock attendees, we decided to pull the plug on the festival," Roberts and his team announced via the AlienStock website. 

Disregard for safety? And storming a military complex with warning signs clearly stating 'use of deadly force authorised' not safe? Of course not.

But the real reason was stated above, lack of amenities-well when it's hosted in Rachel Nevada-a town who has more tumbleweed than residents. As for the poor planning, well...

Back in July, Roberts' joke Facebook event "Storm Area 51, They Can't Stop All of Us"went viral, with two million people worldwide clicking that they were "Going" to the highly classified US Air Force facility in Rachel, Nevada, to "see them aliens."

Of course there was poor planning, it started as a joke, nothing could possibly go wrong. Poor infrastructure? Rachels public toilet system is does a coyote crap in the desert? Methinks the gullible thought this was the real deal, because internet and ignorance (something we are trying to deny.)

But for those who said they were 'going' there will still be an event, which is great if you like gambling.

Roberts said, "We are not interested in, nor will we tolerate any involvement in a Fyre Fest 2.0," and that he wanted to avoid becoming a "humanitarian disaster." He's downscaled the event from a huge festival in the middle of nowhere to a free party in downtown Las Vegas.

This is good news. These fools looking for burning man with aliens are hurting those like you and I who take ufology seriously.

But don't worry, Bigfootstock is just around the corner.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Something the groupies should learn about are some of the cases documented by J. Vallée and others. As in, contact with genuine UFOs can be very hazardous. No fun and games here, whether from government-employed security contractors or contact with no-kidding high strangeness.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

So big daddy told him to put out this message and hope people will not show up.

And you all fell for it ?

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I'm sure people will show up, but it won't live up to the hype.

This went viral so those pilots and engineers would be aware of it, they could take a vacation so test flights would be cancelled, and people would spend days staring at nothing.

It would be a cruel prank, and I love it.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Good post well done. As I lack sleep, for a second I thought we're talking about SecureTeam closing down. Rumor about a guy named Tyler. But that's another thread

Another thing I noticed over the last 2 weeks, was another location not Rachel but Kilo NV was the meet up. That's a 45-50 mile difference. So I suppose there was a huge discrepancy of where to meet at.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

The joke that gained a life of its own is finally dead , good.

Looking forward to Bigfootstock though.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Do you want this to happen @ Spacespider?

The majority of people that will show up there will leave soon after, leaving disappointed reviews about the event like

"could not even get my rainbow cafe late with soy milk and strawberry-peanut flavored cream, this place sucks!"

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

It could be a reverse psychology move.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

I know we're not supposed to make one word replies, but... Exactly.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
matty roberts backed out and started another event in las vegas. his ex partner connie west is still trying do the event. matty is trying to sue her now. this youtube channel has been getting the news out about the situation. www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

The only way to know for sure would be to Naruto-run to Area 51 as fast as possible.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
A very sick part of me wanted this to happen.. and see what weaponry the mil would use on civs. You know the aliens have to know that there are a few VERY pissed off people out there who want to exact some probe payback on them. I for one would like to see all of this unfold. Naruto running nerds getting blown up and lasered while aliens are running from dudes with butt probes... thats a great mental picture.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
A very sick part of me wanted this to happen.. and see what weaponry the mil would use on civs. You know the aliens have to know that there are a few VERY pissed off people out there who want to exact some probe payback on them. I for one would like to see all of this unfold. Naruto running nerds getting blown up and lasered while aliens are running from dudes with butt probes... thats a great mental picture.

OMG, the mental image there. I'm dying.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

You are seeing exactly what would and has happened... "Storm Area 51" with millions of volunteers became "Maybe we'll have a festival" to "yeah nevermind… lets got to Vegas guys"

Amazingly well executed plan by the Government to silence any Area 51 outrage, and they've done such a good job, if anyone ever tries this or anything in the future, they'll be laughed at and reminded "yeah sure haha we'll do what storm Area 51 people did"

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Prediction -
A bunch of party animals who live close enough to drive there will show up. They will create a huge mess, cost the area taxpayers obscene amounts of money and the local jails will be at capacity. They will leave behind a mountain of garbage.

Elvis will not be attending.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Somehow I'm thinking that there will still be a lot of people show up. If they didn't get (or didn't care) that it was a Internet meme goof in the first place, I don't think they'll care that it's been "called off."

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Run?? Lol. No chance. About 26 miles from gate to base, an average marathon run is about 4-5 hours and thats on a road.

In the desert with no water stations and maybe carrying 1 bottle of water in the desert, whilst dodging security and maybe bullets or other weapons of their choosing? Call it 6 hours for a fit person.

No chance. Not even for the fittest of people.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

Not just "run," but Naruto Run.

Totally different, obviously.

This is probably for the best. People dont tend to be too.. bright.. in large groups and some genuinely seemed to think theyd be calling the governments bluff. Many, probably most, were in it for the jokes and memes, but theres always at least one that isnt.

It might have been interesting to see how it all went down, but I cant imagine anything good coming from it.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
And while they are all out there, they should stop by California and demand new genitals, since they are giving them away.
Hey, a long trip deserves a free-bee.
Just don't say you are from Oklahoma.

posted on Sep, 16 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Moohide

If they don't succeed, they obviously aren't executing a proper Naruto run.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join