It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What really hit Saudi oil facilities?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Anyone have reliable sources on what drone tech was used in the recent attacks by the (up to now) Houthis? Is it long range flying deep penetrating hardware or locally launched smaller ones? What are the options for protection of large facilities? Are they kamikaze (one shot) or payload rince and repeat?

Ideas?

Thanks

Jeff
edit on 2019 9 14 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: Loophole in my brains

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Great relevant question(s) !! and there may have been several drones from what I have read,

could they also have been programmed to work as a swarm?

Pure speculation on my part.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LoveSolMoonDeath

Hope you get an answer, I was wondering what was used as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

there was gun fire reported and in the videos it sounds like gun fire but might be something blowing up.

it is also said it was Iranian made hardwear so it could be something very simple to very sophisticated but you have to remember that the rebels dont have satellite up/down links so if the rebels did it they were closeish and might explain the gun fire

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Sounds like they may be locally launched, kamikaze drones.

A spokesman for the Iran-aligned Houthi group in Yemen said it had deployed 10 drones in the attacks. The military spokesman, Yahya Sarea, told al-Masirah TV, which is owned by the Houthi movement and is based in Beirut, that further attacks could be expected in the future. He said Saturday's attack was one of the biggest operations the Houthi forces had undertaken inside Saudi Arabia and was carried out in "co-operation with the honourable people inside the kingdom".

www.bbc.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Maybe not

twitter.com...

twitter.com...

Oh! The situation with Iran just turned ugly.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

I do not think there is a contradiction. Iran supplies and supports the Houthis. Iran most certainly supported this action, so it really isn't unreasonable to say Iran and Houthi both did this.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The rebels are backed by Iran.

May even be Iranian drones used.

edit on 14/9/19 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Remember the PNAC document? Countries getting hit by the US one after the other. First Afghanistan then Iraq, Syria (they tried but didn't work yet), Libya, Iran... it's in the works.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
According to a 2014 report by Institute for National Security Studies, Iran is "one of the most active players in the international cyber arena". Your responses will be catalogued..

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
AND? Who cares

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This is one of those Perl Harbour moments in the middle
East

Let’s see how the international community responds though

It’ll be telling a lot

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I do not think there is a contradiction. Iran supplies and supports the Houthis. Iran most certainly supported this action, so it really isn't unreasonable to say Iran and Houthi both did this.

Serious question. Does that mean the US is held to the same standard because we have supplied and supported a lot of groups that have done some terrible things.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm looking at the bigger picture. China is the largest importer of Saudi oil. I am having a giggle moment.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
According to a 2014 report by Institute for National Security Studies, Iran is "one of the most active players in the international cyber arena". Your responses will be catalogued..

Iran just bit off more then they can chew

Its time for the wood shed

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Somebody wants a war and I bet it's not Iran. Don;t the Saudis have a whole bunch of new US military gear they need to try out? Like $60 Billion worth? It would take more than random strikes by drones to set off explosions like these to cripple and entire facility. Someone knew the right targets and what to hit them with, far more sophisticated than any Houthi rebels could conjure up I'd bet.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It was Bolton drones. 😂

Yemen Claims 10 Drones Hit Saudi Aramco Facility

@WSJ
"Saudi and U.S. officials are investigating whether cruise missiles fired from Iraq or Iran hit Saudi petroleum facilities, questioning Yemeni rebel claims of responsibility for the attacks."
twitter.com...

Wonder how this turned out? Dozens of bankers descended on the heart of Dubai’s financial district on Thursday to start work on the mammoth Saudi Aramco IPO.
The banksters want to achieve the $2 trillion valuation that’s been touted by Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman.

Top Bankers Descend on Dubai Ritz as Aramco IPO Work Starts

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
People reporting the pentagon parking lot is filling up unusual for a sat night.

No idea if true.

twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Well given the rapid advancement in drone Tech, it could be anything.

30 years ago drones were being developed by the military, now you can buy them at a hobby Shop. Who knows what modifications were made to these drones.

As for the attack, it's a classic rebel tactic, if you can't win via attrition, look for alternatives.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Iran paints their drones red... makes 'em go faster and look all badass. If the drones were red, they were for sure from Iran.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join