It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Just Might Turn Off Everyones Cars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Worse for you, is what they will do with your smart phones.

I don't have one of those either.

How do you google so many facts though??

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Plug a cable into what?

I pop the hood to check oil, gaskets and belts. radiator fluid is always a reason.

There is a cable that does this???

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

How are you sure it is in fact not connected?

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I did a paper on this years ago.

Hackers controlling a Jeep's every function, including shutting it down...

www.wired.com...

Here is an Onstar hack to remote control your car...

www.engadget.com... yZmb3JtPUVETlRIVCZta3Q9ZW4tZ2ImaHR0cHNtc249MSZyZWZpZz1hNjlkMzQ4ZjFjNzI0OTkxYzAzMjkwYjJiNzQ4ZTFmMCZQQz1BQ1RTJnNwPS0xJnBxPW9uK3N0YXIrcmVtb3RlK2gmc2M9MC0 xNiZxcz1uJnNrPSZjdmlkPWE2OWQzNDhmMWM3MjQ5OTFjMDMyOTBiMmI3NDhlMWYw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALBBshVXqcE-RFPccu7xc-FOeBGPMVYlLEI8ElrnmHJNwi98n9HTYYmlGkEAxK h2EG7nl8MjPspqgBPnDOEROgDSb4N6Hy-k0kyI_1YO8AW-SzgxsNxSUfdMo97HTzUxNUJ-wkCgUuB--wL7PDUpnLDdiI95o6STb7fa-9zkblFc

GM adds a remote kill switch.....
www.gadgetreview.com...

And my personal fav....FBI can remote listen in by reversing the speaker on your On-Star equipped car...

ipfs.io...

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

If it has a computer....it has a port.....my 88 Thunderbird has a port to run diagnostics from. The connector is under the hood on mine, but later cars are all under the dash.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

edit on 14-9-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

If it has a computer....it has a port.....my 88 Thunderbird has a port to run diagnostics from. The connector is under the hood on mine, but later cars are all under the dash.

If the port isn't Wi-Fi enabled surely the only way to communicate with it is through a plugin of some description...

edit on 14-9-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

With enough RF energy, you can actually induce power into another device via an antenna, even if that device is turned off.

I've actually witnessed this (on several occasions). The most egregious and dangerous example was, one time I was driving down a road in Detroit. I had a VHF radio in my truck, and it was turned off. I pulled up to a stop light and there was a pickup truck in front of me. I saw the guy put a mic up to his face and start talking (on a CB radio). The signal meters on my VHF radio lit up and pegged, and I could hear sound coming through my speaker on the radio. Again, my radio was turned completely off. The next block the guy pulled into a convenience store, so I pulled in behind him. When he went in, I got out and looked in the bed of his truck. He had a linear amplifier bolted in the bed which took half of it up, and he had about 8 car batteries wired in series to a transformer which was then wired to the RF amplifier. The net result was probably several thousand watts of radiated power.

I'm sure the guy thought his radio was really cool, but he had no idea how much (dangerous) RF energy he was subjecting his body to by using that amplifier!

He's probably dead now...but hey, he had a cool (illegal) radio, right?

Yep, AM radio frequency used with CB, and it carries it's own volume (amplitude modulation), pretty amazing power in it. Back 40 years ago I had a friend who would drive up near the doors of a K-Mart store, key his mic and announce some crazy thing, like "for the next ten minutes all items are free" on a CB radio outside, and the store's old PA intercom system speakers would shout it out clear as a bell.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I have two 1985 Jeep CJ7's.
Both done up to the 9's

Those 2 Jeeps will drive over anything - within reason of course.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
You would think so....but tech has come a long way. I bet one could do something but it would only affect a single car so to expensive. New cars though....different story.

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My car is a 2002 and I only have 72,000 miles on it.I wouldn't
want a new car because of these possible computer issues.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I can connect my mp3 player using the tape deck and some sort of magick that makes it think there is a tape in it?

Is this the same??

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The only part of the car that FEMA would control is your AM/FM/XM radio broadcast stations, and maybe a few detour road signs. FEMA wouldn't shut down everyone's car, that would cause more chaos.

It would be easier for FEMA to control the gas supply, than to control a car computer...

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

With enough RF energy, you can actually induce power into another device via an antenna, even if that device is turned off.

I've actually witnessed this (on several occasions). The most egregious and dangerous example was, one time I was driving down a road in Detroit. I had a VHF radio in my truck, and it was turned off. I pulled up to a stop light and there was a pickup truck in front of me. I saw the guy put a mic up to his face and start talking (on a CB radio). The signal meters on my VHF radio lit up and pegged, and I could hear sound coming through my speaker on the radio. Again, my radio was turned completely off. The next block the guy pulled into a convenience store, so I pulled in behind him. When he went in, I got out and looked in the bed of his truck. He had a linear amplifier bolted in the bed which took half of it up, and he had about 8 car batteries wired in series to a transformer which was then wired to the RF amplifier. The net result was probably several thousand watts of radiated power.

I'm sure the guy thought his radio was really cool, but he had no idea how much (dangerous) RF energy he was subjecting his body to by using that amplifier!

He's probably dead now...but hey, he had a cool (illegal) radio, right?

I've read somewhere, decades ago... where a truck rolls into a bank drive thru and destroys the bank computers with a few 100 watts from a export CB radio. I believe afterwards the FCC emptied his bank account lol.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 07090730am302019Sat, 14 Sep 2019 09:07:30 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

That may be all well and good for movement in your area, smart cars being shut off would cause gridlock across the country though. Its not like there aren't enough smart cars on the road at any given time to be successful without you.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I did a paper on this years ago.

Hackers controlling a Jeep's every function, including shutting it down...

www.wired.com...

Here is an Onstar hack to remote control your car...

www.engadget.com... yZmb3JtPUVETlRIVCZta3Q9ZW4tZ2ImaHR0cHNtc249MSZyZWZpZz1hNjlkMzQ4ZjFjNzI0OTkxYzAzMjkwYjJiNzQ4ZTFmMCZQQz1BQ1RTJnNwPS0xJnBxPW9uK3N0YXIrcmVtb3RlK2gmc2M9MC0 xNiZxcz1uJnNrPSZjdmlkPWE2OWQzNDhmMWM3MjQ5OTFjMDMyOTBiMmI3NDhlMWYw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALBBshVXqcE-RFPccu7xc-FOeBGPMVYlLEI8ElrnmHJNwi98n9HTYYmlGkEAxK h2EG7nl8MjPspqgBPnDOEROgDSb4N6Hy-k0kyI_1YO8AW-SzgxsNxSUfdMo97HTzUxNUJ-wkCgUuB--wL7PDUpnLDdiI95o6STb7fa-9zkblFc

GM adds a remote kill switch.....
www.gadgetreview.com...

And my personal fav....FBI can remote listen in by reversing the speaker on your On-Star equipped car...

ipfs.io...

Yes, thank you. What he/she said.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

That may be all well and good for movement in your area, smart cars being shut off would cause gridlock across the country though. Its not like there aren't enough smart cars on the road at any given time to be successful without you.
That's right. Those old cars won't last forever and "they"(tptb) are a patient, methodical bunch.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The Carrington event sent so much electricity through wires that telegraph offices caught fire. Carrington event...massive solar flares.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
No computer on my car, stroker small block, with a carb.
edit on 14-9-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

No. You need access to the computer. On older cars the computer was limited to basic engine functions like spark advance, timing, fuel pressure, etc. Modern computers control EVERYTHING, including the throttle....errrrr, gas pedal.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Yes: It's easyish to contemplate them; maybe turning-off our compu

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join