It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Just Might Turn Off Everyones Cars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MissSmartypants

But pretty much any thing you own with a computer is subject to outside control.

Not if it's not connected to anything.
My 2003 vehicle has a computer but it doesn't talk to anyone but itself.
Ok...so that makes about five of us who won't be affected, then.
But everyone else is really gonna get it.

Six of us. Neither of my 1996 vehicles can be remotely controlled.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
But seriously... how about that 'control over transportation' thing? That has broad, far-reaching implications. That's control over our food supply...access to medical care and medications...

Remember about 20 or 30 years back when we started hearing about "concentration camps" inside America? I think that was Plan B or C, or whatever designation they were up to at the time. I firmly believe the realized that Plan wasn't feasible and moved on to Plan D. Why put people into prison camps when you can essentially imprison them in their own area by disabling transportation in an out of said area? What do you think was behind Obama's "Cash For Clunkers" scheme? To get everybody out of the older cars that couldn't be controlled by outside sources. If you can shut a car off remotely, that would prevent you from leaving and going anywhere and it would also prevent any food trucks from coming in to your area. You would basically be "interred in a prison camp." You'll remember these things I reported about 10-12 years ago, that started appearing on the road surfaces around where I live:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

These "squares" on the road surfaces first started appearing around my area at major intersections. One at each location at first. A couple years went by and then there would be three at that same place, while also making a first appearance at other lesser intersections. A couple more years went by, then there would be five of those squares at the initial intersection locations and every other kind of intersection you could think of was sprouting at least one of these things - even if a highway turned off onto a country road - there would be one of those squares. A friend of mine just told me the other day she had noticed them even at all the side street intersections in her little town. They have finally even been placed down to this level. They are literally everywhere here in Southern Illinois. I don't know if they're anywhere else because I don't travel out of my area very often. But I found out what they are. A road contractor who does work here for the state of Illinois came through my town and 10 years back and repaved a seven-mile strip of road in front of my house. A week or so later, somebody came through after they did and laid some of those squares down on the new road surface. They must have done it at night, because I didn't see anybody do it. I told the contractor about it personally and he had no clue what the squares were. But he said he would find out! When he found out, he wrote me back and said they were, quote, "Self-contained, solar-powered devices that could be operated by a satellite." My question was, "For what purpose?" He didn't know.

I think they are going to be used to shut off people's vehicles when the time comes. Since these squares are at all intersections, you get enough vehicles shut off, blocking all the ways out of a certain area and it won't be long until the roads will become impassable and unusable. And of course, no food trucks would be able to drive in and make deliveries. That would certainly keep people in their place! And it's mighty handy that new vehicles have these computers on them that can be used to shut off your car in the case of someone "stealing" your vehicle. But these computers would never be used for any other pursposes, would they? Yeah, right.

Can you think of any other logical explanation of what these squares could be and why they are being put down on the road surface everywhere?

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

The idea of a group like fema shutting down personal transport is laughable

It's not so laughable at all when you realize your old vehicle won't be able to drive anywhere with all those new vehicles shut down and clogging every roadway you might want to drive on. What good would your vehicle be then? That's what concerns me.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Reason again why 3.5" disk will never go out of style.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

This is why I'm 100% against the whole self driving/connected vehicle thing.

All it takes is government deciding they don't want anyone driving, and then you're not going anywhere.

I'll stick to my old vehicles, thank you very much. I may get a newer vehicle as a second car, but there will always be a non connected, old classic in my driveway as well.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

You assume we'd stay on the roads.

When SHTF, I'm taking the path of least resistance.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nah, the smartphone is an active monitor. The good news is they have middling battery life so they can only spy for a day if the power goes out or you decide to stop using it. Now what they do with the data they've already gathered from it... who knows...

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenutzerUnbekannt
In my city (UK) there's a plan afoot to ban cars of a certain age, the premise being only modern cars meeting certain emissions criteria (and presumably equipped with 'smart' connectivity) should be allowed. Period. No exceptions. This is one way (a process of legal attrition) to gradually enforce car owners to "upgrade" to new computerized models (and in the context of the OP, models that can be shut down remotely).
This is a European perspective and one American members will likely be uncomfortable with.

i bet if you really look, that there are similar plans in a lot of places. perhaps using different reasonings and angles to legitimize it. but the plan to oust old cars being the same.

i know in the Philippines getting old cars off the road has been discussed several times, especially in Manila. there the main reasoning is to improve traffic flow. being the place with the worst traffic in the world, in an area with extremely high population density and few real usable roads to get around on. (in fact one of the worst issues for traffic is public transit buses all trying to pass each other to gain more customers. with an average wait time for the next bus measured in seconds. and ironically those busses are some of the worst polluters, blowing thick black smoke (and that pollution is pretty much a part of every form of "public transit", except for the already overloaded elevated train system (where in the morning you can wait an hour or two in line to get on it)). and their proposal is that by getting rid of older cars, people who can not afford to buy new cars would be forced to take the bus (of course forgetting that, that would mean that many more busses needed to handle the extra people).

and in the US keep in mind AOC's silly "new green deal" also has built within it getting rid of every "petroleum powered" car. which of course would mean only new and thus controllable cars would be left. and if you look at a lot of the richer nations such as Canada, they are also pushing to ban petroleum powered cars. again leaving only new and thus controllable cars. not to mention of course that if they do so, there won't actually be any fuel for any petroleum powered cars available, outside of government vehicles, that could even be used for those who might stash away such a non controllable vehicle.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I thought you were going to go down the path of the carefully-placed decals on the backs of signs, but alas, that wasn't a photo I recall seeing in the past. Do you know where your old thread is?

That being said, by now someone has to have removed one of those "squares" and explored what they are. And if so, who, and where did they discuss their findings?

I have not noticed any such squares on the road in my travels, however the decals on the backside of signs are almost everywhere except Massachusetts.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Ah , so you are Not Aware I Guess that All American Automobiles Made BEFORE 1982 , which Millions Still are on the Road Today , Do Not Have ANY Electronic Control Systems in them ? Only thing that could make them All Inoperable is a EMP Released in the Atmosphere Over them ..........

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hey Phage , my Original 1969 Camaro RS with a 4 Speed Muncie Manual Transmission Can be Started Even WITHOUT a Car Battery...............LOL , FU FEMA ............)
edit on 17-9-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: therainmaker
Do you know where your old thread is?

It turns out the thread I started on it wasn't on ATS, but here:

Self-Contained Electronic Devices

And yes, I remember when those stickers began appearing on the backs of road signs as well. Around here, we sat up nights watching for them to be attached! That's something else that really needs to be re-investigated and talked about.
edit on 17-9-2019 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982
You assume we'd stay on the roads.
When SHTF, I'm taking the path of least resistance.

I was thinking about around my area. If you leave the road in a lot of places, there are literal gorges that you can't navigate through, no matter what you're driving. But I'm sure in the scenario you and I are both talking about, we'd probably be staying at home, guarding our things and family.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join