It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAY-umm!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Unloaded, and stacked, (21) tons of hay yesterday, and another (21) tons of hay today. Two semi loads, and another coming next week from Redlodge, MT.

Bales stacked (4) high in the barn, 3x3x8 bales. (750lbs./each). Took over an hour yesterday and today to unload each truck. Fifty-three foot, spread axle, semi's with (57) bales per trailer. These were full height trailers, stacked three high. Had to lift off the two top bales and then get the bottom bale.

Lot's of work.

We built (or had built) a 50x120 hay barn earlier this year. We opened one side for a 20x50 hay storage area to the south.

We've now got about 120 tons of hay, so we should be good for winter...something I was really stressing over. We were down to about 20 tons before Friday.

The cows are in heaven now, the LOVE Teff!! So now, we've got about 42 tons of Teff put up, and even if it did rain tonight...it'll all be good!

Happy...happy!!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You sound like a mockingbird

Are you not concerned of FIRE with that much hay?

Sincerely NoClue
edit on 8/9/2019 by NoClue because: lol

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

I am ALWAYS concerned about FIRE!! ALWAYS!! Just ALWAYS!! FOREVER!!

I had about 10 tons of alfalfa stored in our garage once, and it had a higher moisture content than I would have liked. Our garage warmed up to over 120 degrees F...I was SCARED!!

Wet hay will start a fire!!

So, YES...I'm always worried about FIRE!!

ALWAYS!!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
But you do what you have to do.

If this business was easy or safe, everyone would do it.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

How do you make shure no one burns your barns?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If anyone ever "burns" one of our barns, they're going to have a lot more than the cops to worry about!!!

How do I make sure? I don't. I can't. No one can.

However, our hay barns are about 1/2 mile from the house, so we don't have to worry about the house being involved now.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So the short version is that you bailed some hay today.

Sorry I didn't get your hand carved trophy for it done in time, I was busy drinking and cutting my 1 acre of grass.

I love busting your balls.....

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue

How do you make shure no one burns your barns?

He's not in the f'in ghetto.

It's farming land, even a kid out there knows that if he lit up(even his parents barn) he'd be whipped until he couldn't walk for a week.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I was just fixing the clutch on my bat-wing mower deck. Damn thing was seized up, and I thought it was going to break the PTO shaft!

Wife and I mowed down about 27 acres of cheat grass today. It's been hot, really hot, and cheat is not good. Gotta' knock that cheat down every time it comes up. Shades out the other grasses.

Nice cool day today, probably around mid-80's...so we were blowin' some black smoke! Good day.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I was just fixing the clutch on my bat-wing mower deck. Damn thing was seized up, and I thought it was going to break the PTO shaft!

Wife and I mowed down about 27 acres of cheat grass today. It's been hot, really hot, and cheat is not good. Gotta' knock that cheat down every time it comes up. Shades out the other grasses.

Nice cool day today, probably around mid-80's...so we were blowin' some black smoke! Good day.

You're out west, should have been in your snow boots compared to around here(mid 50's, midwest area).

But 80's????? I'm not taking your weather complaints seriously anymore.

Still will take up your, now 5 year old, offer to come out and be a hand on the ranch this winter.....

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Cows keep the cheat down on the (5) pastures we have them on, and we rotate. But, we've got about 35 acres of yard the cows aren't allowed on (where the barns are). I guess that's our "front yard".

Gets hot sometimes.
edit on 9/8/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You wanna' come out and be a hand on this ranch???

By all means...just send me your particulars and I'm sure we can work something out!! Seriously!!

I'm not kidding. We're always looking for a 'hand'.

Can you ride fence (i.e. fix fence), handle cows, bulls...or just feed?

If so...you're hired!

ETA...It's only a few "miles" of fence. Sometimes the radios work, sometimes they don't. The snow gets deep sometimes, but the 4-wheeler gets though it. Chow is good. Work is hard, but the rack is solid.

edit on 9/8/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Sounds like you want to cover insurance..

If everyone agrees to burn the barn it will never leave the village!!!

Sincerely NoClue

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You wanna' come out and be a hand on this ranch???

By all means...just send me your particulars and I'm sure we can work something out!! Seriously!!

I'm not kidding. We're always looking for a 'hand'.

Can you ride fence (i.e. fix fence), handle cows, bulls...or just feed?

If so...you're hired!

You obviously don't remember my past offer, then the friendly banter that followed, then the comical(to me) reference I made about your wife and then the threatening comment you made to me......

It was awhile ago, I'd say years, but to you it might have been better to reference time in bails of hay.

Either way, I love the great outdoors, and abhor the modern world. So the offer was genuine, the joke was poorly landed(I have a # sense of humor), I know nothing of what you speak but I learn fast.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't understand you.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
That's nothing.. I mowed the front lawn this morning..

Oo

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Sorry, I guess you are correct, I don't remember that, but...if you're serious, I might be able to make that happen.

It's not easy though. Never said it was. Not easy at all.

We had one boy who came out and thought he could do it. Brought his old Airstream trailer out, parked it on our north property. First big storm he got cold, real cold...and there was stuff to do. He was all worried about his trailer, and we had cows out (with another bull, not ours...and not a friendly one either).

So, we let him fix his little trailer (we helped him)...and sent him on his way.

"Leather" is the word of the day. Understand it...or don't.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Can't be too hard, considering how much you post on here.

😉

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
That's nothing.. I mowed the front lawn this morning..

Oo

Pfttttt....

I pulled out a couple of nasal hairs this morning...

Now THAT is hard work!

Lags

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Hard work. Honest work. Well done, Sir.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join