It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAY-umm!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

My wife says she found a leather envelope in the woods and gave it to me.

I couldn't read it,

Should I leave?

Sincerely NoClue

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The OP reminds me of hauling hay for my grandfather BY HAND for two cents a bale in the mid sixties. The bales were smaller, but there were more of them. We used a tractor, a wagon and a hay elevator...well, besides arms, legs and backs.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

You're one hard worker Clay! Now where is my cow? Surely the little darling has been born by now?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

You're one hard worker Clay! Now where is my cow? Surely the little darling has been born by now?

It’s in my Freezer... 😈🤣🤪

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Urghhhhhh double post
edit on 9-9-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Gnarrrfffff

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Nooooo! Meanie! You can't have my baby cow...er, calf.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Nooooo! Meanie! You can't have my baby cow...er, calf.

Erm...

Half a calf you meant?

« Burps »😉

Hugs n stuff

Lags
edit on 9-9-2019 by Lagomorphe because: Nom nom nom... Rôti de veau aux carottes et sauce chasseur... I have a lovely recipe... NOM...!

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Now THAT is some HARD work!!

I used to do that in WY as a kid. Just the mere sight of a small bale makes my hands and back hurt! If I see a truckload, I wanna' go take a nap!! We didn't have an elevator though, so we had to stairstep the stack and climb up. Those green bales weighed about 85lbs. We use equipment to move the big bales now. They're 750 lbs each.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yep, last one for this year was born about 10 days ago (finally).

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: MisterSpock

You wanna' come out and be a hand on this ranch???

By all means...just send me your particulars and I'm sure we can work something out!! Seriously!!

I'm not kidding. We're always looking for a 'hand'.

Can you ride fence (i.e. fix fence), handle cows, bulls...or just feed?

If so...you're hired!

ETA...It's only a few "miles" of fence. Sometimes the radios work, sometimes they don't. The snow gets deep sometimes, but the 4-wheeler gets though it. Chow is good. Work is hard, but the rack is solid.

You make it sound so hard. LMAO

We live on a farm as well. Ain't no way in Heck you can drive a 4 wheeler around here once winter hits.

Try WALKING the fenceline in 4 feet of snow. Oh, don't forget to haul all the gear for repairs around in a sled. Even Snowmobiles won't handle the depth of snow we get. LOL

An Airstream in the field on this property would become a snowbank in about 6 hours.

S+F

edit on 9/9/2019 by MykeNukem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

By all means...just send me your particulars and I'm sure we can work something out!! Seriously!!

I'm not kidding. We're always looking for a 'hand'.

Can you ride fence (i.e. fix fence), handle cows, bulls...or just feed?

If so...you're hired!

ETA...It's only a few "miles" of fence. Sometimes the radios work, sometimes they don't. The snow gets deep sometimes, but the 4-wheeler gets though it. Chow is good. Work is hard, but the rack is solid.

You make it sound so hard. LMAO

We live on a farm as well. Ain't no way in Heck you can drive a 4 wheeler around here once winter hits.

Try WALKING the fenceline in 4 feet of snow. Oh, don't forget to haul all the gear for repairs around in a sled. Even Snowmobiles won't handle the depth of snow we get. LOL

An Airstream in the field on this property would become a snowbank in about 6 hours.

S+F

You should know by now that FCD has it harder, bigger and better than everyone else!

Darn you 😉😉

Lags

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Actually, FCD is a farmer/rancher. He lives out in the middle of nowhere, so when he does something and feels the need to celebrate a job well done, he either talks about it to the tumbleweeds (Eastern CO, I think), or he comes here and celebrates to us.

Given that my grandfather farmed and my cousins still do, they deserve credit for a hard job done well.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
The OP reminds me of hauling hay for my grandfather BY HAND for two cents a bale in the mid sixties. The bales were smaller, but there were more of them. We used a tractor, a wagon and a hay elevator...well, besides arms, legs and backs.

Yup, we still do it that way.

FCD has it easy.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Actually, FCD is a farmer/rancher. He lives out in the middle of nowhere, so when he does something and feels the need to celebrate a job well done, he either talks about it to the tumbleweeds (Eastern CO, I think), or he comes here and celebrates to us.

Given that my grandfather farmed and my cousins still do, they deserve credit for a hard job done well.

I know... I’m having a cheeky jab👍👍

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Job well done!
Its Always stressful gathering hay for winter and hoping that you guessed right on how much to get. But you sir, surely got enough lol.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The cows are in heaven now, the LOVE Teff!! So now, we've got about 42 tons of Teff put up, and even if it did rain tonight...it'll all be good!

Teff! Wow... would love to find a good source of (preferably organic) Teff...

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

Do you run a cow-calf operation, or just steers???

Big difference.

Or...do you even have cows?

Interested in your response.

Love to hear about your breeding operation...AI or herd bull?

We're just a small operation, relatively speaking...love to hear about your operation.

Oh...and sorry for posting too much, sometimes things get slow, in between the crazy, so I post. Love to hear your stories!!

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

When this well finally dries up I'll be submitting my credentials (DB won't hire me.) Then I can follow in your footsteps and be an ex-techie cowboy and understand all your threads.

*sigh* the Lord works in mysterious ways

edit on 11-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

a reply to: MykeNukem

Do you run a cow-calf operation, or just steers???

Big difference.

Or...do you even have cows?

Interested in your response.

Love to hear about your breeding operation...AI or herd bull?

We're just a small operation, relatively speaking...love to hear about your operation.

Oh...and sorry for posting too much, sometimes things get slow, in between the crazy, so I post. Love to hear your stories!!

I was just ribbing ya a bit.

We have a mixed herd of Bison. Similar, but completely different considerations..I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

No need to be sorry about posting, I like your posts. You should have been a Writer.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
WOnderful!!!!

I pray I can get back to the woods before I die. Id even settle for non woods country setting. LOL! Feel free to adopt me. I work like a horse... and complain like a mule. I am totally serious when I say I think the city-ish life is killing me. If you ever organize a post apocalyptic commune of like minded weirdos.. let me know.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join