It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vision of Jesus in 2005

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NumberMan

The Ten Commandment was given at time when people were still unclear about moralty good and bad. It was basic framework for making law so people could live better.

Nowdays we have better human right laws. We call it civil laws.

Even in our Civil Laws, we still uphold, "Thou shalt not murder."

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

This raises the question of repentance. What's your perspective on that?

What's God's position on it?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
” In a nutshell, the unpardonable sin is any sin that a person doesn’t want to give up, confess, or even ask forgiveness for and additionally doesn’t want to hear any more about it from the Holy Spirit.

www.bibleinfo.com...
What is sin? Is one to many cookies a sin? Is that off color show a sin that you watch? What is your definition of sin?
edit on 7-9-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I can't speak for God, only from my perspective at this point.

I feel that verse serves as a warning. A reminder how difficult that behavior grieves the Holy Spirit. Missing the mark that way, prevents one from entering the fellowship of others and joining the community of the faithful.

Imo, individuals who honestly repent and stop taking the Holy Spirit in vain can be redeemed. The story of the Prodigal Son, and Paul's conversion give me hope.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I can't speak for God, only from my perspective at this point.

Imo, individuals who honestly repent and stop taking the Holy Spirit in vain can be redeemed. The story of the Prodigal Son, and Paul's conversion give me hope.

What is taking the Holy Spirit in vain mean?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Taking the Holy Spirit for granted, through a disrespectful attitude, usually rooted in a false sense of pride.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Taking the Holy Spirit for granted, through a disrespectful attitude, usually rooted in a false sense of pride.

Taking the HS for granted does that mean a loss of salvation?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Idk, imo taking the HS for granted will stunt someone's spiritual growth. I believe the Lord can intervene and call on someone directly. Saint Paul may be described as an example of this. Sometimes individuals have to learn the hard way.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Sorry to tell you but those who have accepted Jesus as their saviour and Lord are no longer under the law and you did not see Jesus.

Jesus is God and no man has seen God and lived. Many NDE'S including myself have heard Jesus speaking. He come from behind and says do not turn around otherwise you must stay here.

Had to reply to this, i'm not big on this kind of stuff but I know scripture.

King James Bible Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

So yeah, it's possible to see God for those pure of heart according to that scripture if that's what you believe and it seems that you do. If you see Christ in dreams as I have, he never shows his face, usually has bronzed skin and always wears white robes.

So the assumption that we can't see 'God' is just that, an assumption.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join