It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the first time in 11 years, 80 Percent of Americans in their prime are working

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: LSU2018

Did you get that from Facebook?

almost made it through the day without spitting out my drink......
almost

Glad I could help, I still owe you a few more for payback...

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

So renting a house and doing without is living the dream?

How many people are renting a house and doing without? Even with your half empty glass outlook, at least those people can afford the roof over their head.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Now people will have to go to work!

Stop living in their parents basements!

Playing video games!

This is out of controooooool!

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Don't count me in with the people you think are stupid.

Beginning in 09 it began to climb again.

bwahahahahaha...
Take a look at the chart again.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: SeaWorthy

That's odd. I've never seen a US business that didn't have paid holidays and vacation. Interesting graph. Did you get that from Facebook?

I always link my sourse but I know you never read any information provided by anyone.

Your article says the US doesn't have paid holidays. I'm calling BS because we do have paid holidays. Paid sick days, not everywhere. The company i work for has sick time, but those days aren't paid. So they got that part right. Businesses have rules to follow, paid vacation is part of those rules. That's why I questioned your sourse [sic].

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Half empty glass = All those jobs are poorly paid
Half full glass = People have a way to earn their own living

Take it how you want. We're still much better off than we were from 2008 to 2016. And it's only getting better. Little job security? Uh-oh, better take your job seriously or you could be replaced.
edit on 6-9-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

NO, you explain to me what you see. I did go look again and it is exactly as I remember it back at that time which is reflected well in that chart. YOU tell me a different version that fits not only the chart but the facts.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Don't count me in with the people you think are stupid.

Look at that graph. The big down turn after eight years of a Republican president. Excess profit taking led to that depression.

Beginning in 09 it began to climb again. It continues climbing past 2017 until now.

How in the world you give credit to Trump for all of this and none to Obama is an absolute mind twist of the highest order.
Yet, you can say that with a straight face. Hey, I got a hurricane map of Alabama I want to sell you.

In the middle of obama's 8 years, we broke the threshold and had more people on government assistance than we had working. There was a stagnant rise until Republicans took control of Congress. Look again.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Years back I worked doing tele-relay (for deaf, hard of hearing, or speech disabled), and ran into this particular situation. Deaf person going to college in DC, while in school found a job in their field of study that paid a decent wage. The call revolved around how that persons mother wanted them to not accept the job as that would mean they wouldn't get disability benefits. Even though this deaf person explained in great detail on how the job provided more money than the benefits, health benefits, insurance, paid time off, etc. The mother wouldn't hear of it, told them it was a horrible idea because they would lose disability.

This was a person enrolled in school, trying to better themselves with an education, and had a job offer on hand...yet the parents mindset of sponge off the government was still there. Hard to believe it when it happened, and I see about 20 years later the mindset hasn't changed for a lot of people. Let's just pass up benefits offered by the employer in order to not do a damn thing.

I'm sorry man, when I was jobless it drove me insane even taking unemployment. I was raised with the knowledge that taking any kind of assistance unless absolutely needed was not a desirable quality to have, shame others weren't raised that way.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick
Parents never spent a thought on the moment when they are gone and their kid has to function alone in our society.

Poor guy!

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I'm working one. That's common on the lowest end of the food chain buddy.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

NO, you explain to me what you see. I did go look again and it is exactly as I remember it back at that time which is reflected well in that chart. YOU tell me a different version that fits not only the chart but the facts.

So you think the chart shows a rise from 2009, heh?
That explains a hell of a lot.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

If the Unemployment rate is 3.4%, doesn't that mean that over 96% of people under age 65 are workings....which also includes those in their "prime"?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Nit pick. The over all claim of the post was that Trump is the only one responsible for the up turn. My reply was that it was not. Yes, the chart shows a stop to the decline in 09 and not a rebound. So What. It was the end of that decline . All of that was well before Trump took office. You can Nit Pick over what year the economy started growing again but that is all you can do. Do you want to give it all to Trump as does the OP. No never mind, of course you do.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

"I think that a better measure of success would be to determine how many people are making a living wage, or how many families are able to support themselves without some form of welfare. "

And yet you are not willing or able to look up those readily available figures?

" 2.6 million hourly workers who were at or below the federal minimum in 2015"
www.pewresearch.org...

U.S. Population 2015: 320 Million

That's about 0.8%, less than 1%! And about half of those are teenagers and people under 25. Do they need to be able to support 3 dependents on their own?

Remember that crying about the minimum wage is crying about less than 1% of people and that the minimum wage was implemented to disenfranchise black people and other minorities and has actually done that.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I’m looking here www.bls.gov...

Quick glance looks like a steady rise starting around 2009.
At best it looks like no one screwed it up, but not like there was any kind of spike or sudden surge in jobs.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Joe Biden says raising everyone's taxes will be the first thing he does after being sworn in as President.

How would the media spin that reduction of individual income as a positive?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Yeah we don’t need 2 doddering narcissists in a row.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join