It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragons

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i think dragons once exsisted
i mean for someone to come up with such a thing would have been hard
i think the whole fire breathing part was just farfetched
but a giant size lizard with mighty large horns and wings
that could have been real
i mean think of other creatures like the megalodon shark

posted on Jun, 12 2006 @ 08:30 AM
link   
dargons are cool, maybe they once were alive but i doubt it

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I beleive dragons existed and may still exist myself, too many civilizations with similar legends.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Check out this info about the subject, quite interesting viewpoint.

www.anzwers.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Dragons could exist but be close to death right?
And maybe they guard treasure?
u nevr no unless u've seen them then u do no
any1 hear seen a dragon??

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hm. Dragons. Hard subject for me to decide on.

I have a part of my mind that believe that dragons could possibly be extra terrestrials, long ago that visited our planet. This kind of falls in line with the people that talked about them being able to change from human to dragon and back at will. I believe they had ways of just sort of warping in our world, and changing to and fro; a reason they appear in many older writings as mythical beasts. So my first thought about dragons is that they may possible be some advanced alien species, but not your typical large cranium grey.

Second is that they might well have been dinosaurs. Very powerful dinosaurs. However, following this belief, I am not sure whether or not they could actually "breathe fire".

That's just one of those questions I haven't heard or researched or witnessed enough about to have a true response.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think dragons once existed.
There is actualy a species of lizard durring the dinosaur times which fitted the description of dragons, but was much smaller. It could have gotten bigger during the prehistoric times. Got the ability to spit fire during the ice age. And possibly lives below ground today. The wings could develop to help out line the tunnel structure to help shape the caves and even dig new ones.
Or they flew into freaken outer space or something.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Snakes can spit venom in a similar way to how dragons could have possibly spit a napalm like substance.

en.wikipedia.org...

Magpies if you remember have an odd attraction toward shiny or metallic objects, and hoard them.

en.wikipedia.org...

People argue that if there were A species of Dragon the would be more evidence. However there are numerous accounts of medicine men or "wizards" etc, using "heart of dragon", "grinding down dragon bones and claws for healing purposes. Could it not be possible that we simply used up any remains we had of them?

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Or the napalm combusts as the body breaks down after death. This would turn the bones to ash.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I think dragons are dino's/reptiles.

Read this if youre interested.

Dino's

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I love Dragons, and I believe in them. I believe they once existed on Earth, but not anymore. I think they still exist, but in a parallel universe. and some how in our past they were able to come to our universe, maybe by accident, or on purpose to seek food or other resources to live. I know there are many holes in the idea, but it's just an idea, and i don't know enough about physics yet to back it up with anything.

Now about the comparison between dinosaurs and dragons. I think they are related, but not the same. they are just different species. yet another idea which has many holes.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ok people please listen to me for one second, dragons do exist, I have seen them multiple times in my life and dragons are in no why shape or form related to dinosaurs. For one look at there body build up, completely different of that of a dinosaur. Please do not continue to say they do, nothing makes me madder than that, and another thing if anyone thinks they are monsters they are not monsters, they are intelligent, and beautiful, and majestic, and again more intelligent then anyone here will ever be even if you live to be more than a thousand years old and yes they can live to be over a thousand years old so do not judge them poorly on intelligence.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
[edit on 6-7-2006 by catdragon00]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There's no such thing as dragons, people centuries ago probably dug up dinosaur bones and got all confused and thought it was some giant flying lizard, or whatever, which would explain the whole dragon 'mystery' seen in various cultures. And don't you even tell me a darn thing because dinosaur bones have even been excavated in Antarctica.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
hey they do exist and for the final time they arent related to dinos in any shape or form if you did some reseach on them as i have you would find what your saying is completely false

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hound
Or the napalm combusts as the body breaks down after death. This would turn the bones to ash.

O that's a good theory. The separate compounds built up in the body remain after death, and as the carcass rots, the two compounds eventually meet, burning away the remains.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
That is a good theory, heres a site that tells how it would be possible.

www.hauns.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
People become so distracted by fairy tales and fantasy that people have very little belief that dragons exist. Dragons are shown in so many cultures it seems they exist. I have also seen some things in which people say "dragons exist today", through story and photographic proof. I'm doing my best to see if dragons exist today.

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Non-believers will never believe or something big has to happen to them to change their minds. There are many types of believers. Also , it's one thing to say "I do not believe" and another thing to state "It is not true". Stating it isn't true doesn't make it so. It's a slap in the face to dreamers and believers alike. People didn't believe the earth was round for the longest time and they were proved wrong. Even stuff I don't want to believe in - such as satanists and demons , other people believe in or claim to be. I'm somewhat of a skeptic about many things....but I have an open heart and open mind when it comes to the idea of dragons and other such creatures. In my opinion , those that call themselves cryptozoologists but want to treat discussions about dragons and mad scientists disdainfully...they are not true cryptozoologists. It takes an open mind in the first place to be one , but to then ignore other areas shows off narrow-mindedness. You shouldn't make fun of things just because you don't agree. You don't like it when others make fun of you for being interested in bigfoot and other creatures , right?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join