It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Court is coming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Australia has been a huge partner in many advanced programs. They are currently helping develop and pay for the next generation jammer, which is a huge, and expensive program.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The AT-38 has provisions for some ground attack capability for testing purposes. They're also used for aggressor aircraft. The aggressor role is going commercial, but they're looking at the T-X for it largely due to its systems improvements. It's not unprecedented for a trainer to have other roles, but the light attack role, if it goes ahead, will almost certainly be given to the A-29 or AT-6.

You have been correct about so many things. I appreciate reading your thoughts. I wonder if the jocks however will lurve some speed to go with the booms. Not sure how in love the rank and file are with sports cars these days. Sort of like the A-1 vs the A-7 during Vietnam. Great arguments for both aircraft and both performed wonderfully (when within their specified mission from my understanding).

Just no more F-105's please. :-)

BTW, any insight on the reappearance of the F-117? Probably for stealth threat testing?
edit on 4-9-2019 by Fools because: ...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Weird that is seems Australia will be the first to field it.

I would not take that bet

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Weird that is seems Australia will be the first to field it.

I would not take that bet

Yeah, I suppose that is in a public sense! Thanks.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Testing. When Sam and I caught them at Tonopah the lead aircraft had a dorsal antenna that was new, and both flew through the valley at low level.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Testing. When Sam and I caught them at Tonopah the lead aircraft had a dorsal antenna that was new, and both flew through the valley at low level.

I was thinking since it is old stealth tech that it was more testing SAM defensive things that Air to Air type things. But my thinking is limited due to lack of actual knowledge. Sort of nice to see it flying around again though. It isn't pretty but it is neat.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

It's the perfect platform for both anti stealth systems and new systems for other stealth aircraft. It gives them a known baseline, and keeps them from having to pull aircraft out of the active fleets to put systems on them until the system is more mature.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

There are plenty of wasteful legacy systems out there costing a fortune and not really providing much benefit, the U2 is no doubt one of them, we have better more efficient drones and satellites than a 64 year old airplane. The fuel tanks don't seal at normal pressure so while it is on the ground fuel leaks out of it, while they are fueling it up the fuel is leaking out, that can't be the best design. I am sure newer aircraft don't do that. The Warthog is pretty awesome and I don't know what else could demoralize the enemy than that thing showing up except maybe an AC-130.

go to about 6:30

edit on 4-9-2019 by funbobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

The U-2 doesn't leak while fueling, that was the SR-71. Satellites aren't the be all, end all they're made out to be. The U-2 still has a lot of flexibility over many UAVs, and has flexibility satellites don't have. There absolutely are older systems that can and should be retired, but it needs to be done with good reason, not just because they can.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

BTW, lucky you. I finally convinced the better half to take a vacation to Arizona and see the boneyard. She will be bored and wanting to die, I will be in Nirvana. :-)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

When? I might grace you with my presence.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

My bad.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Hasn't been finalized, hopefully early "spring break" in 2020 - she is a teacher - so hard to plan outside of summer. But I will let you know.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Here is something funny though, for the first time in our marriage she said, "well maybe you can go with a friend?" Thinking of maybe supplanting her with a buddy that is also a airplane nut. He was in the reserves out of lambert and worked hydraulics on Phantoms back in the late 80's.

edit on 4-9-2019 by Fools because: ...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Yeah, let me know when. I've got a regular run through Arizona and can easily meet up if you want to.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

My other half is glad to get rid of me on our hunting trips. She always makes fun of me and Sam. I usually get something along the lines of, "Did you have fun with your little friend" when I get home.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

My other half is glad to get rid of me on our hunting trips. She always makes fun of me and Sam. I usually get something along the lines of, "Did you have fun with your little friend" when I get home.

I hear you, my wife only loves me because I am so pretty. :-)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
So this is waaaaaaay over due for the US military as a whole.

The issue I have is that the USAF in general has become so enamored with stealth everything that it was/is willing to sacrifice viable systems (A-10 etc) for the golden bullet approach and were willing to misrepresent or outright lie about capabilities, costs etc. The reality is that we no longer have the resources for a High / high mix the brass seems to crave.

Unless we are looking at WWIII with a peer state adversary aka China the High/LOW mix is way way more appropriate to what a future conflict will look like aka Afghanistan or Iraq. ALos the low mix does not mean its garbage. We are talking about F-15's with the ability to carry up to 24 A2A's or the Viper which is looking more and more relevant.

But as I said its way overdue but I would also really like this heavily applied to the procurement aspect of weapons systems.

(I realize that against a peer state the A-10 is done, but in conflicts like Afghanistan, Syria etc they remain a pretty viable option aka proven and cheaper to operate)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

OMG I HAVE PROOF!!!!!!!! They are either colluding or they all have the same playbook!!!!! Same thing here lol

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Here I was expecting something to do with Judge Judy......

<< 1    3  4 >>

join