It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange objects in the sky or just birds ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share some photos i took around 4 years ago that I think are interesting and hopefully some of you do to.

I worked a few summers in a 90ft high fire tower spotting fires and relaying hourly weather readings in the Gibberagee state forest located on the east coast of Nsw, Australia.

I had just gotten a new phone and was testing out the camera in burst mode on an incoming storm, it wasn’t until later that I realised there was some strange objects in the background of a few of them so I showed a friend and he agreed it was strange but his reaction kind of left me deflated so I haven’t really showed anyone since as they are blurry as most photos of this nature seem to be.

I will add that the Evans Head bombing range is closely located around 20 kilometres away and is actively used to this day for testing, sometimes the jets would fly right past the tower through the valley but mostly kept clear when there’s fires burning.

I have other photos from the sequence somewhere, but I don’t remember them showing anything else specific.

This is the tower

This one isn't that exciting, there is something small in the centre of the photo if you zoom in

In this photo you can see two objects, one large one in the centre emerging from the rain and another to the left behind the clouds

Here is the same photo a bit closer

Whats interesting is this next photo is taken in sequence and you can see the centre object dip down and move forward also two other objects enter the photo to the right

A closer view

These are the objects to the right

So what do you guys think are these just birds, the Air force or something more interesting ....

Leroy.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
S&F for giving us something on this incredibly boring weekend.

It looks like it’s raining pretty hard where these objects are. It would be unusual for a bird or drone to be flying through that. But that’s probably what it is.

What do you estimate the distance from you to these objects was?

ETA: They could have been testing drones in bad weather. As you said, military was in the area.
edit on 1-9-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Thanks for your reply, its hard to tell the distance but it looks like the rain falling is around 10 kms and Double Duke mountain range is about 30 kms away from the tower ... i don't think the objects are that far.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinEarthwalker
Actually, birds can be seen more when bad weather makes them drop from the skies, it's called, "fallout".
Fallout happens when severe storms force the birds from the skies in large flocks, or, just scattered birds flying need shelter. This is an instinct in them to self-preserve.

I really doubt that is anything but birds, I mean, the first thing we do when it's only sprinkling is to find shelter, imagine being in the sky flying in really bad weather such as that torrential rain in your pictures, they'd ALL try to save themselves.
This happens 'especially' when birds are migrating in the Spring and Fall, it's really common.

Here's a link to a Google search that shows what I mean.
www.google.com... ...gws-wiz.....10.hezjzc80pj0

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

You make a good point some of the images i just googled relating to bird fallout do look similar.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I visit ATS nightly to read, these photos have been bugging me for a while now it felt right to finally contribute something albeit birds or not

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Definitely doesn't look like any birds. Would be very large birds if it is.

The smaller object looks triangle shaped like a stealth B2 style shape wing.

The larger one is too hard to make out. Has squarish cigar shape, or even a CH-47 oblong shape to it.

Seems you should have heard some aircraft noise if it was any of those though. (Even at that distance).

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I thought the larger two were to big for birds at that distance and yes the smaller one does have that triangular shape to it or at least to me looks more common.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I just googled the CH-47 it does have that shape especially when leaning forward i guess ...

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I don't remember hearing much but thunder and lightning it was one a hell of a storm that hit not long after i got down.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Looks like stuff on the glass you're shooting through. Out of focus, close

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Thanks for your post, I disagree it's stuff on the window these objects are in the sky.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
There's no telling what it is without at least a second of video.

They do present kind of strange as if they're not in the weather but behind it or most likely in front of it. What I'm trying to say is if it were a painting as close to how it'd really look in those conditions, they didn't do it right.
edit on 2-9-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Well, could they perhaps be small bugs just outside in front of the window?
The fact that you didnt notice the objects when making the picture and the objects being out of focus makes me come to this conclusion

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
VERY interesting photos...I don't think they're birds since birds aren't shaped like rectangles, nor are they round. It sure seems that lately there are a lot of reported sightings of UFO's, especially with just about everybody and their dog have cameras at the ready...seriously, they're unidentified, they're obviously flying and obviously objects!

I've read several posts about UFO's hanging out in lightening storms and pictured in such a way that they would appear to be getting maybe some sort of energy from the lightening...rather like the ones captured just off the sun seeming to be sucking up energy(?) from it.

Sure wish all these things and what's behind them would finally come to light! With my luck it will all happen a day after I die!! The story of my life!

edit on 2-9-2019 by ScrazzleBerry3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2019 by ScrazzleBerry3 because: fixing content

new topics

top topics

join