It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCabe will be charged because his leak hurt Hillary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I have written this elsewhere on ATS, but just wanted to get a thread on it to have it on record.

I don't do predictions often, but I have one here I am fairly confident in, and I havent heard anyone else make.

I am predicting McCabe will be charged for lying to the FBI and possibly for leaking info to the press.

Now of course others have made this prediction, but its why I am making this prediction and how it will be spun that I havent heard anyone else make.

I have no confidence in Barr after the Epstein debacle (two cameras malfunctioned on top of everything else, yeah right) and letting Comey off the hook.

So why would I predict he will go after McCabe?

Who did McCabe leak about? Thats right, Hillary Clinton.

thehill.com...

See Barr like the rest of the people with power in the unelected bureaucratic state actually punish people who break the law when it affects people like Hillary Clinton.

McCabe made a crucial error; he assumed hillary would win (like Comey did when he announced the reopening of the Hillary investigation a week before the election) and so he leaked to benefit himself assuming it wouldnt harm Hillary cause shed win anyways.

Big mistake, and now he must be punished.

Now had he leaked to harm Trump, and lied to congress like Comey did, Barr would have let him off scott free.

And here is the best part; when Barr charges McCabe, Trump supporters will celebrate. theyll say finally someone from the deep state has been charged. I already see Trump supporting taliking heads that are telling me its good comey wasnt charged saying but this is bad news for McCabe who probably will be charged, like this is a victory for Trump

And the dems and the media will win the narrative again. They will say "Wait a minute, Trump and his supporters claim the FBI was against him. Yet Trumps doj has not charged any FBI member with any crime against Trump; the only person they charged from the FBI was someone leaking against Hillary"

And you know what the worst part is, the media and the dems will be absolutely right.

Thats my prediction. Hopefully I am wrong.

edit on 1-9-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I predict that NOTHING will happen to McCabe, Comey, Hillary, Obama nor anyone else trump and the gop have accused of felonies over the last 4 years..

They will all only have benefited through book deals and TV appearances.

Also I would like to point out that trump appointees run every federal branch of law enforcement.. so if trump had evidence of felonies against any of them, nothing could stop him from holding them accountable.

One of trumps cronies will come out and claim their actions were “troubling “ but will not be held accountable in any way..

Why??

Because troubling doesn’t actually mean anything..

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

IF McCabe is charged for Hillary, it will be because they had nothing on him concerning trump..

TRUMP RUNS THE FBI..

TRUMP RUNS THE CIA..

Every department head is a trump appointee..

The only reason McCabe wouldn’t be charged with felonies against trump is because trump has no proof of felonies against him..

So he is throwing what he can get at him like a spiteful child.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Thank you for making the pint to all the Barr supporters who think he is part of the plan

His refusal to prosecute crimes means people like you and the msm that cheer for intel agency corruption have every right to claim there must have been no crimes because trumps own people refused to prosecute

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It should be clear now that the current administration has no intention of charging anyone.
Trumps whole drain the swamp was just to help him get elected. Nothing more dude.
He has failed on his promise to do so and there is nothing one person can prove otherwise.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: JustJohnny

Thank you for making the pint to all the Barr supporters who think he is part of the plan

His refusal to prosecute crimes means people like you and the msm that cheer for intel agency corruption have every right to claim there must have been no crimes because trumps own people refused to prosecute

This case has nothing to do with Barr, so It is extremely unlikely that he would insert himself into it; he would have to have an extremely good reason to do so that would withstand judicial review.

The draft OIG report on McCabe was completed in February, 2018, when Jeff Sessions was still AG.

The OIG report identified 4 instances of when McCabe violated FBI standards of behavior known as “lack of candor”. Three of those were while under oath and one was not. These offenses are sufficient for McCabe to have warranted getting administrative punishment within the FBI but do not necessarily constitute a violation of the law sufficient to have warranted indictment and prosecution.

McCabe DID, in fact, get the strongest administrative punishment that the FBI could deal out—he was fired by Sessions in March of 2018, a day or two before he was due to retire.

The only Federal Law that McCabe could possibly have been in violation of is 18 USC 1001
--Lying to a Federal Investigative Officer. In order for the “lack of candor” offense to be elevated to a violation of 18 USC 1001, there has to be an additional element of provable intent on the part of the person. The OIG report did not find an element of provable “intent” and therefore did not report such to the AG.

Furthermore, the US Attorneys’ Handbook says:

"The attorney for the government should commence or recommend federal prosecution if he/she believes that the person's conduct constitutes a federal offense, and that the admissible evidence will probably be sufficient to obtain and sustain a conviction, unless (1) the prosecution would serve no substantial federal interest; (2) the person is subject to effective prosecution in another jurisdiction; or (3) there exists an adequate non-criminal alternative to prosecution. "(Paragraph 9-27.000)

As a result, and after thinking about it for a month or so, Jeff Sessions apparently decided that he could probably NOT obtain and sustain a conviction and therefore declined to prosecute. I assume he also decided that firing McCabe was an “adequate non-criminal alternative to prosecution”. He then fired McCabe as punishment for violating the FBI code of conduct. At the time, Cristopher Wray, the FBI director described the handling of McCabe’s case as strictly “by the book”, and I think he was correct.

At this point, for Barr to intervene, he would have to find some legally sustainable reason to do so. The only thing I can think of would be if there was suddenly some new information available. But there isn’t. And, at this point, in order to re-open the McCabe case he would have to argue why Sessions made the wrong decision and why firing McCabe (which has already occurred) is not an “adequate non-criminal alternative to prosecution”.

I don’t see any of that happening.

posted on Sep, 1 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The leftists commenting are correct in that nothing will happen to those who are corrupt and failed at the coup.

The corruption and rot is so pervasive and deep that we're pretty much screwed as a nation.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

There's a saying down South "Dog don't eat dog".....

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Thanks for the elegant analysis, I know far too little of this matter, but this rings true.

👍

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

U.S. Attorney Jessie Liu has recommended moving forward with charges against Andrew McCabe, Fox News has learned, as the Justice Department rejects a last-ditch appeal from the former top FBI official.

www.foxnews.com...

Looks like my prediction is one step closer to being correct.
edit on 12-9-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

top topics

join