It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pointing a finger gun will now get you a misdemeanor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

the biden pic is terrifying, it looks as though he's trying to kill the whole room.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
so, pointing a finger is now assault

what does "smell my finger" get you?

🤞👌👍✌😆

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Look out Clint..

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

I guess Don Lemon will know soon enough.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Look out Clint..[/quote

Look out anyone that has anything to offer ...

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Seems like a pretty clear question of intent, did he point the finger gun and make a shooting motion because he intended to threaten the neighbor he was having a conflict with or was it in jest or for fun?

If he was involved in a conflict with someone and he did that he was saying "I'm going to shoot you" with his gesture, that's what that gesture in that context means isn't it?

You agree that in the same scenario saying "I am going to shoot you" would be a threat right? Making a shooting motion is the same as saying it.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
"17 people have already been transported to nearby hospital wards for trauma suffered by a lone finger gun man discharging his finger gun into a crowd of mall patrons. Police are saying at this time there may be more casualties, but they will not have an exact count until the crime scene is checked for survivors. WWBS has learned from neighbors of the finger gun man that he has a history of using his fingers in threatening ways, including posting a picture of a "thumbs-up" on his Facebook page, which looks surprisingly like a hand grenade.

"Hand grenades are prohibited. Authorities are looking into where the 24 year old finger gun man may have acquired the hand grenade.

"Sources say the finger gun man simply walked into the mall and began firing his finger gun at random people. We now go to reporter Full A. Baloney on scene. Full, can you hear me?

"I hear you. It is chaos here. Everywhere you can hear the sounds of victims crying, many curled up in a fetal position. Police have cordoned off the area until they can ensure that everyone hurt gets the mental treatment they so desperately need. I have a woman with me who was lucky enough to escape a direct hit from the finger gun. Maam?

"Oh, it was terrible! He just walked in and started firing his finger gun. And he was laughing at the people as they scattered! I don't know how many people were hurt... my husband was with me when it started, but we got separated and I don't know if he's alive, or... or..."

"That's OK; we don't need to hear any more. Good luck on finding your husband. Back to you, Dina Know."

"Thank you Full, and please let that poor lady know we are all praying for her at this terrible time. We have just learned that the finger was acquired legally, police say, about 24 years ago. Apparently it was a gift from his parents, which was legal at the time. No word yet on whether this is a loophole in the law that will be addressed in coming weeks, but we are hearing reports that several protests are planned already to address the issue of unlicensed fingers."

(I'm sorry guys, but really... I can't stop laughing!)

TheRedneck

That was brilliant, thanks for the laugh.

Just wait until a kid makes a knife with a single piece of paper. The threat? Paper cuts.

They will say, "the way he was waving it around he could of cut someones head off".

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
And god help anyone who uses the 'Wink and the Gun". Guantanamo awaits.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

What about considering it a serious death threat... of course you would know when to worry if you are aware for what reason and who is pointing this gun at you. Here in holland you can get serious problems when threatening someone verbally with killing him... Same effect other medium.

edit on 31/8/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

SCOTUS has already ruled that hand gestures are protected speech I think that is why the Judge in this case said it didn't serve a legitimate purpose. To me this was a judge deciding what was legitimate speech. Very slippery on several levels.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Making an "I'm going to shoot you" gesture during a conflict is not a "micro aggression" it is a blatant threat. The difference is that a microagression only exists in the mind of the person who perceived it, this threat really happened and other people saw it.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I would suggest that any gesture or words more threatening than "I'm going to shoot you" which is what that gesture means are also probably threats and not legal or protected speech.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No, looking at someone is a microagression, if they think it is, microagressions only exist in the mind of the victim not real life, making a "cut your throat" gesture is an open aggression, a threat. But of course a critical element for something to be a threat is the intent, your comment was clearly intended in jest. the fellow in the article was clearly intending for his gesture to be a threat.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

"F you" is a threat but "I'm going to shoot you" is not?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DVforlife

when was there a liberty to threaten to shoot people?

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Owning and even carrying a gun are protected by the second amendment, brandishing a gun or threatening someone with a gun are crimes.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Holland is one of the few places in Europe with free speech, hold on to it, here in America a verbal threat to kill is also a crime and so is making a threatening gesture.

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

These are always fake stories..

I remember one where a kid was arrested for a picture of a gun on his T-shirt...

Except he was asked to remove it , then assisted the principal and school police officer, and was arrested for assault.
edit on 31-8-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby

Owning and even carrying a gun are protected by the second amendment, brandishing a gun or threatening someone with a gun are crimes.

“The right to bear arms shall not be infringed “??

Right???

Well when did “shall not be infringed” equal all the countless regulations that have been in place???

Oh maybe that isn’t what that is supposed to mean???

posted on Aug, 31 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Making an "I'm going to shoot you" gesture during a conflict is not a "micro aggression" it is a blatant threat.

Dude, seriously?

Can you show me one time when someone did the finger gun thing and then came back with a loaded weapon and fired it at the target of their hand gesture?

If I am sitting around with friends and say something that turns out to be totally stoopid, I do it at my own temple and roll my eyes around. That does not mean I am suicidal. If someone else says something completely inane, I do it to them. That does not mean I am going to pull out a gun and kill them.

This is getting so far beyond ridiculous that it is actually embarrassing! You really don't know the difference between a finger and a gun? Hint: you have eight fingers. Based on your posts, I doubt you own a gun.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join