It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington post 12,000 trump lies

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Let me try this another way then.

Is your claim is that a State Governor has the power to take away an individual's Constitutional rights? Yes or no?
edit on 22-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: $%@^ Spelling

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I addressed 237 lies.

Let’s see you’re proof to refute my sourced evidence .

GN

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Not unilaterally but yes they do. Let me explain

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Not unilaterally but yes they do. Let me explain

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Right so a Governor can influence, promote, cheer on, and pray for a Constituional Convention that might or might not make a change in Constitutional rights of individuals ... but that Governor cannot by the power of his or her office take a right away?

Magnificient. You agree with the Washington Post.

Governors do not have the power to "get rid of" constitutional rights.

(Cited from your OP.)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Again I said they don’t have the power to “ get rid “ of the second amendment unilaterally . (Yawn)

I am beginning to wonder if I should include the definition of unilaterally.

Do you understand the word ?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: dragonridr

Can a State Governor repeal the Second Amendment?

Nope.

Of course not - but you already know that.

What a state governor can do is work with the state's legislature to pass laws that may be viewed as curtailing that right, as the US Constitution grants individual states wide latitude in determining what laws govern them - as long as they aren't in direct violation of the federal Constitution.

For example, states can have pretty draconian (within reason) gun laws that are applicable to the residents of that state - while they are in that state.

But what states laws *cannot* do is outlaw guns altogether. They also cannot be binding upon a state's resident while that resident is traveling out-of-state. I don't have to obey a NY state law while I'm traveling in CA. I have to obey the laws of the state that I'm in at the time.

edit on 10/22/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well 11,999 have about the same value and influence as saying..."The crowd was the biggest ever"

When we look at Obama lies that cost lives, a trillion dollars, your doctor, your health care cost, gun running, weaponizing the IRS, secrets that would make Trump cry...and so on... How does Trump match to that? Oh don't forget that Obama ran on having "the most transparent Government ever" and he ended up having one of the most secreted government ever to include locking down FOIA. How does that rate, or do people just not care...

How about "you will read ever bill before we vote" Pelosi said "don't read it just vote...now that isn't Obama but he signed it into law...

There is lies and then there is LIES...

Don't get me started on Hillary or Warren...

It's called DOUBLE STANDARD...

edit on 22-10-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Nope.

What a state governor can do is work with the state's legislature to pass laws that may be viewed as curtailing that right, as the US Constitution grants individual states wide latitude in determining what laws govern them.

As long as those states laws aren't in direct violation of the federal Constitution.

For example, states can have pretty draconian (within reason) gun laws and requirements that are applicable to the residents of that state - while they are in that state.

But what states laws *cannot* do is outlaw guns altogether. They also cannot be binding upon a state's resident while that resident is traveling out-of-state. I don't have to obey a NY state law while I'm traveling in CA. I have to obey the laws of the state that I'm in at the time.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Nope.

What a state governor can do is work with the state's legislature to pass laws that may be viewed as curtailing that right, as the US Constitution grants individual states wide latitude in determining what laws govern them.

As long as those states laws aren't in direct violation of the federal Constitution.

Carry a gun in Chicago and see where that gets you... What does inalienable rights mean to you?
edit on 23-10-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thanks for doing this. Do one on Snopes next!

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun
Thanks for doing this. Do one on Snopes next!

Not sure where you are going with this, but it is factual that places like Snopes and fact.check are very Liberal bias.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Nope.

Carry a gun in Chicago and see where that gets you... What does inalienable rights mean to you?

You can if you have the proper permit.

I used to live in NY then moved to VA for about 5 years. I bought a S&W 9mm while there - background check in VA took 10 minutes - literally. On my next planned trip to visit NY I wrote to the NY authority - in NYC it is the Police Commissioner's office - telling them I was a resident of VA and that I would be traveling to NY with my gun.

I had to fill out a bunch of forms, but 3 weeks later, I got my carry permit for all of NY - including NYC. There were a lot of restrictions, but I didn't care. I actually wasn't even going to bring it, but decided to test the notion that states try to honor each other's laws and rules or anarchy reigns.

You just have to be determined and maybe a little resourceful. They don't make it easy.

Try it - you'll see.

edit on 10/24/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

You can if you have the proper permit.

I used to live in NY then moved to VA for about 5 years. I bought a S&W 9mm while there - background check in VA took 10 minutes - literally. On my next planned trip to visit NY I wrote to the NY authority - in NYC it is the Police Commissioner's office - telling them I was a resident of VA and that I would be traveling to NY with my gun.

I had to fill out a bunch of forms, but 3 weeks later, I got my carry permit for all of NY - including NYC. There were a lot of restrictions, but I didn't care. I actually wasn't even going to bring it, but decided to test the notion that states try to honor each other's laws and rules or anarchy reigns.

You just have to be determined and maybe a little resourceful. They don't make it easy.

Try it - you'll see.

Look up the definition of inalienable and tell me if your story fits within that definition.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

They are SO pathetic it's actually making me angry people could fall for this.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I would be nice for Trump to sue them for Liable ... all he would have to prove is they lied about one thing.. win that and then take them back to court for number two lie. Then three, four, five, etc etc all the way to the end and win so they also have to pay court cost.. It really needs to be done with these fake news sources.

WP lies all the time. Apparently they are above morals. Seriously, pot meet kettle.....or something like that. A known PUBLISHED liar that makes money off their lies calling someone else a liar. Such credibility. Guffaw snort snort.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

There was a thread about it, maybe people forget the search fucntion

Trump claims " Michigan's man of the year"

Its that bloody deep fake again, whether the other lies are truths who knows, its hard to keep up and most dont care anyway (he is just another lying politician akin to all before and all to follow)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join