It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bit of fun "rant"

page: 1

join
share:
RAB

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hi Guys and Girls,

I love a bad film and I'll forgive alot of things. (taking the girl scouts went you needed Delta or the A team other special forces units exist.)

But action films with the cut scenes of FA18 / F14's taking off that magically turn into Isreali F16's chasing Khir's.

Or the load out being massively different to the first scene or maybe even what would be needed!

I know that the footage comes from training and gun film but it hacks me off no end!

Am I a lone on this one?

Kind regards

RAB

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAB
Hi Guys and Girls,

I love a bad film and I'll forgive alot of things. (taking the girl scouts went you needed Delta or the A team other special forces units exist.)

But action films with the cut scenes of FA18 / F14's taking off that magically turn into Isreali F16's chasing Khir's.

Or the load out being massively different to the first scene or maybe even what would be needed!

I know that the footage comes from training and gun film but it hacks me off no end!

Am I a lone on this one?

Kind regards

RAB

No, you are not. When I watch any doc on any military device I get mad when the film maker is so lazy to not use the actual device when there is about 10 million hours of stock footage to help them be accurate.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I love the scene in Sons of Anarchy where they all board a C-17

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Or using scenes of Douglas SBD-3 Dauntless dive bombers in a documentary about the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor...and using the exact same footage in a documentary about the Japanese attack on Midway. Supposedly, they were Japanese airplanes... 🙄

Really? I find that sort of thing annoying.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
it's just bad continuity.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The famous Migs in Top Gun kind of annoyed me, like anyone with an ounce of aviation interest would easily know they weren't Migs. I could of let it go if the film was say just a random war film but when it's story line was actually based on flying I found it a little annoying

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

F-5 was it? Disguised as a Mig 28

Edit to give f-5 photo..😆

edit on 27-8-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

RAB

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Hehe,

"Those Migs carry the Exocet missile they can fire that missile from a hundred miles away"

Yeah right. (Not from an F5 and in the 80's I'd doubt any real MIG)

RAB

top topics

join