It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Reaches Major Trade Deal With Japan.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

winning

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: Arnie123

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

www.cnbc.com...

Trade war if all rhetoric is China really wanted to win all they have to do is leverage their precious metals market
That's false and been discussed, there isn't anything the chinese can do to "win" other than negotiate new trade deals, they've been stretched.

keep telling yourself that
No sir, you keep yourself lies, I'll stay informed, wallow in fear.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Trump and  "preliminary" deal....

Still not complaining but this going to be fun.

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

We have to be cautious yes. Japan doesn't have the same consumption as China, this just floods their markets with our cheap agriculture products. The problem is Japan's economy is a zombie so, it's a feather in the cap for the election.

If anyone thinks US farmers are in the clear then they're mistaken. It's going to make food in Japan cheaper but it ain't going to replace that salesman wet dream of China.

Nope. Let' see what the machine says (we'll do 2015 since it's pre-Trump since he's escalated, everything!)

Growth in U.S. Agricultural Exports to China

Secretary Vilsack arrives in China this weekend. Over the past decade, the United States' agricultural exports to China have risen sharply, propelling China into its position as the fastest-growing and highest-value export destination for U.S. farm and food products. In 2011, China surpassed Canada to become the top U.S. market and it has since retained that position. In fiscal year (FY) 2015, U.S. agriculture and related exports to China totaled $25.9 billion, comprising approximately 16 percent of all U.S. agricultural exports.

(bold is mine)

Now, Japan.

United States Agricultural Exports to Japan Remain Promising

Japan’s agricultural sector is relatively small and slowly contracting. According to the CIA World Factbook, agriculture accounted for an estimated one percent of Japan’s GDP in 2017, and employed 2.9 percent of the Japanese labor force. The sector’s efficiency is limited by the small and scattered nature of Japanese farmlands and high input costs, leaving the country dependent on imported agricultural goods and food ingredients for a significant percentage of its food consumption.

Agricultural opportunities and a markets in Japan? If those blankly blanks get rid of tariffs, yes. But nothing like the market like China, especially with the zombie economy and shrinking population.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Trump and  "preliminary" deal....

Still not complaining but this going to be fun.

Peace
Yes, it's been agreed upon in "Principle" as most are beforehand, regardless, slated to be signed in September.

What's fun is humoring your pitiful attempts at trying to downplay positive engagements because Orange Man Bad.

For the record, you were complaining and tried to cast it off as some forienger with no bone in this fight, while dripping with mud head to toe 😂

🥃🤭

No Peace
edit on 25-8-2019 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

This isn't obviously the be all end all, done and head home.

The goal is to establish various markets to sell and purchase on the fly. The ability to ajust trade in markets without major reprecussions is a trade mark of an economically powerful nation.

Chances are, the USMC and potentiao UK trade deal, as well as the Eastern Asian trade routes will be the key to all this.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
pro trumpers are basically brain dead

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

What country do you live in?

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Uhhh...my English skills may be off but complaining is what you do after being presented with a result that you do not like. I was merely stating that this trade deal is going to be interesting to see how it holds up until an actual deal is made.

What's that saying? The deal is done when your money is in the bank...

Preliminary peace

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Hi Loam,

The Netherlands....why? (It's not for sale...lol)

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

pro trumpers are basically brain dead
This is who we are voting against in 2020.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

www.cnbc.com...

Trade war if all rhetoric is China really wanted to win all they have to do is leverage their precious metals market

Lol

They tried that with Japan already. Other places just take up the slack and there are already reserves in the market. It failed against Japan, and it'd fail again. It was a minor short-term headache for the Japanese, and a complete loss of their Japanese market share to Chinese production long-term. China is too smart to try that again, I think.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Uhhh...my English skills may be off but complaining is what you do after being presented with a result that you do not like. I was merely stating that this trade deal is going to be interesting to see how it holds up until an actual deal is made.

What's that saying? The deal is done when your money is in the bank...

Preliminary peace
You need to calm down and relax, being triggered over online content isn't healthy, however I do agree that your English skills and general views of all things American are extremely off based and could use some "brushing up".

No Peace, in principle.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I think you just need a hug...

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I think you just need a hug...

Peace
I hugged my wife a few minutes ago, along with my 6 year old daughter, just got in from detailing my 2019 Honda CRV, while replying and correcting you with my old S8+, soon to be Note10+ hopefully, checking the mail soon...
edit on 25-8-2019 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You'll be glad to know that your 2020 CRV will be even cheaper....preliminary that is.

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Been there many times. Really used to love the place.

Regarding the sale.... I'd rather have Greenland.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Been there many times. Really used to love the place.

Regarding the sale.... I'd rather have Greenland.
The amount of wealth in Greenlands soil...makes my mouth water.

Lot of folks don't realize just how much land the US has bought over the course of its life and hard to imagine an America without those purchases, what life would be like and mean...

The Louisana Purchase and Alaska being the major ones.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
All that hand-wringing about China.

Historians will write about Trump's Asian policy.

The big winners are obviously going to be Japan, the Koreas, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand.

I'm fairly certain that the Chinese, who were originally hoping that the Dems would prevail in 2020, are #ing bricks right now.

I put my money on the Chinese caving within the next 12 months.

I think you are correct. That is exactly what Trump is going to do. Sink China as Asia's manufacturing powerhouse.
Could be good times for the countries you mention.

Here's another element to what I think Trump will do - force the Europeans to help him. You see, the Germans, for example, would have their car industry completely sunk if Trump decided to hit them. He'll say... Trade with us, or trade with them. You choose, Europe.
edit on 25/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If Trump can make deals with the G7, which have been and are our allies, then you can expect more, bigger, and better stuff as far as laying down the law to China. He is already saying he thinks he was not tough enough on China. youtu.be...

A couple of things to consider.. China's economy is contracting in a big way not seen for the last 30 years. Instead of double digit growth they are in single figures now, which is amazing considering they usually fudge the numbers. Their crop losses this year due to weather and water has been dramatic. China has always had a problem feeding its people.

The 9 dash line of the south China sea has galvanized and just plain pissed off many nations which causes a vacuum and a big opportunity for the USA to come riding in to save the day.. Other than Cambodia and communist Laos in S.E. Asia I think most of the countries are really trying to distance themselves from the Chinese debt trap...at least I hope so...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join