It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern promises to look into more opportunities for Muslim women

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
20 years ago New Zealand got their first elected female Prime Minister.
A positive step in the journey of womens rights and female empowerment.

Now the prime minister wears a fricken hijab. The international symbol of women’s oppression.

Truly Shameful

Is a turban a symbol of men's oppression, then?

Well... It would be, if men were beaten in public for daring not to wear one, by the women folk carrying big sticks around to ensure that men wore them... although in general and where you will see it more, is from a different culture, so not much chance of those blokes getting whacked for not.

You know in some countries, men ARE beaten if their beards are not a certain length.

But that's the other culture.. the one governed by an intolerant religion...

If there are countries where women stand firm in solidarity against the enforced wearing of a hijab, and fear their lives for doing so, do you really think this is an equitable comparison?

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceJockey1

lived in both Australia and New Zealand all my life, and prior to the last 10 years, I would have classed immigration as a wonderful thing, but not now with refugees that have no intention to integrate.

You are encountering what some of my friends in Europe are starting to say, they believed they had to help and they have seen their govts bend over backwards to help the refugees/immigrants and with little integration occuring they have slowly come around to the idea that this is a problem.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I wonder what the super-rich right wing and libertarian Americans who are strangely all building bunkers in New Zealand think about this.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Once guns are collected our security forces will be able to handle the masses... *shrugs*

or they may not even be considering it since they will all be outside the ivory towers.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I stopped reading at “is a turban a symbol of men’s oppression”?

You’re clueless.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceJockey1
a reply to: xpert11

Thanks for your input xpert1.

Well it's certainly an issue of concern for sure, and as mentioned not being dealt with effectively, which will lead to more problems as these radical protest groups become more emboldened, and radicalized.

The trouble with political leaders on both sides in NZ, is they are basically appeasers and don't want to enact laws already on the books to deal with issues.

As for Muslims, come to New Zealand, keep your faith, but drop the hijab and become a KIWI. Doesn't impact diversity but lessens potential divisions.

Are you guys blind??? They haven't done this anywhere else in the world, why would they do it in New Zealand??? They have one agenda and that is to fulfill the Quran and Shariah law...And take over every Nation on earth...Wake up...

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Not 'scared' yet, but I can't see anything GOOD coming from this.

I see that women can have a positive and nurturing aspect, more so than most men, and if applied to politics, rather than being there and about 'strength' they may actually serve the community better than men.

At present, we really have not got gender parity in terms of numerical representation in our political institutions, so we can't really point to a political system of balanced gender representation. At this point in history, we've had really shoddy political history. Lets see what the future holds.

They are all just other people anyway, no matter their gender.

Maybe things would be better for the USA if Hilary had become President.

There are plenty of women and diverse groups in politics and you can't say that their voices aren't heard.

I'm more of a fan of the right person for the job, and I don't believe that it should have anything to do with gender inequality bias.

What are you talking about??? Better for who, the Communists??? Things are better in the USA than they have been for decades...

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
As an American I know little of what goes on there politically. All I can say is I hope that NZ remains kiwi and rejects outside influences to it's people and culture. You are a very unique nation and should remain that way.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Well I hear you but New Zealand isn't Australia...we are separated by the Tasman Sea

Oops, I do not know why I thought this was about Australia. Close but no cigar.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: rickymouse

You cant make up this stuff, An American comes in and slates a religion which is not Christianity, and states how the country will be taken over, shame its a completly different country, but hey its ATS home of deny ignorance, thats why that post gets the most stars, LMAO

I love the smell of ATS in the morning

Keep ALL religion out of politics would be my start

Have you ever read any of the Koran? It states that the main goal of Islam is to spread it world wide and to eventually control everyone. That is what they want eventually, that has nothing to do with being American or of any other religion, I actually watched many videos that were made by holy men in that country....in english, made to try to supply info and try to convert those who spoke english to Islam. They all had one thing in common, they wanted the whole earth under Islam. I am not against Islam, I am just identifying what the religion is trying to do. I have no fear of Muslims either, but do not want to get sucked into a position where they will be forcing their religion on us, right now, I have the right to choose any religion or not believe in religion at all. I like that.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I see that women can have a positive and nurturing aspect, more so than most men, and if applied to politics, rather than being there and about 'strength' they may actually serve the community better than men.

I thought the sexes were equal? What gives? And what about Transgendered Women, are they Positive and Nuturing as a genetic Women?

Is a Muslim women more Positive and Nurturing than a Christian, Jewish or Hindu women? Just asking so I can mark my scorecard correctly.

I can never tell when progressives start talking like this.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I can't wait for the great Muslim politicians to put themselves in front of Maori rights(cause they have more than your average kiwi)....then see what happens. Adern is buttering people up for votes in the next election. She is not very popular here,and bending over the way she is now ain't doing her any favours.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

It was SARCASM iscool. Relax a little and read between the lines.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

My hope is that she and her party won't get another 4 years.

Not only helping wreck the country socially, but doing nothing for business confidence.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

20 years ago New Zealand got their first elected female Prime Minister.
A positive step in the journey of womens rights and female empowerment.

Now the prime minister wears a fricken hijab. The international symbol of women’s oppression.

Truly Shameful

Is a turban a symbol of men's oppression, then?

Well... It would be, if men were beaten in public for daring not to wear one, by the women folk carrying big sticks around to ensure that men wore them... although in general and where you will see it more, is from a different culture, so not much chance of those blokes getting whacked for not.

You know in some countries, men ARE beaten if their beards are not a certain length.

But that's the other culture.. the one governed by an intolerant religion...

And vilifying women who wear a hijab is all OK, though?

It's is nothing more than hate speech, wrapped up in a thin veneer of cultural self superiority. Virtue signalling. The opposition, not of the oppression of women, but of the the wearing of a piece of clothing!

If there are countries where women stand firm in solidarity against the enforced wearing of a hijab, and fear their lives for doing so, do you really think this is an equitable comparison?

In New Zealand, Muslim women have a choice and don't get beaten up. If they do, our law prosecutes the aggressor.

You guys are getting all 'hatey' over a nothing. In the news item, no one is being hurt and no one is being oppressed. And a hijab is just a head scarf. Just clothing!

That's the problem of people who see the world in absolute terms, there is no leniency, no forgiveness, no grace and no humanity.

How many people have already lost their lives in defense of a stupid flag and 'that for which it stands'? Just another bit of colored cloth. Real lives thrown away for abstractions.

edit on 25/8/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

I stopped reading at “is a turban a symbol of men’s oppression”?

You’re clueless.

The question about turbans was clearly laced with sarcasm.

I'm surprised that your great intellect couldn't parse more than that single sentence.

You stopped reading...

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I thought the sexes were equal? What gives? And what about Transgendered Women, are they Positive and Nuturing as a genetic Women?

Is a Muslim women more Positive and Nurturing than a Christian, Jewish or Hindu women? Just asking so I can mark my scorecard correctly.

Well, according to what I have seen of the "Christian" women of the Westboro Baptist Church, I'd say any other faith, even Satanism, are more positive and nurturing.

Feel free to 'mark your scorecard' as you see fit, it means nothing to anyone else.

I can never tell when progressives start talking like this.

Equality does not mean identicality.

Mozart, Da Vinci and Einstein were all geniuses. But their particular expressions of their geniuses were different.

There are gender differences (on average) but that does not mean any gender is more valuable than the other.

If you don't, or won't, get that, you can hardly blame the progressives.

edit on 25/8/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join