It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Challengers to Trump begin to emerge

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
My view of politics and the media is one of detached curiosity, so anything like a Republican candidate who can challenge Trump would have to bubble up pretty hard for me to see it as I glance through the headlines.

So without much of a dog in the fight either way, I haven't seen anything or anybody who looks viable.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It would be over before it even began, but does anybody really think they can beat Trump in Iowa and NH up front?
It's a fools errand.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I used the Salon link Occ. There are many others but I doubt you will accept them either. You may be right though, this all might just be smoke with no fire as I asked in the OP.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
lulz

its salon why even read further

h o t d o g

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Your source defends and has attempted to normalize pedophilia.

LOOOOOOOL

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Makes life easy huh? Blame salon when a quick glance will show you numerous reports on it.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Once Trump gives them All New Nicknames , their DONE ...........LOL

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Youre the one who uses salon as the source.

clearly a #wad source.

But hey fantasy is fun doe aint it?

fap fap fap

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Liberal Media is hoping and praying that this new Trump challenger, JOE WALSH is "The Chosen One".

abcnews.go.com...

Bring it on, Joe!

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
he did handle that 2016 election with gusto. However, I see much of that as being due to the lack of knowledge of just how off base and very possibly infirm his mental capacity could be. That must be a huge issue don't you think?

Eh... not at all, since there is zero truth in your presumption.

He has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that he not only is smart and savvy (he had some hiccups in the beginning because he had no political experience, but has quickly learned), he is the first politician in my lifetime to actually not only try to fulfill his campaign promises, he has done so to excess, in the face of the most ridiculously vitriolic and insane opposition, again, I have seen in my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Apparently all the GOP challengers had advance info on the "Russian Connection"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl
'' there is zero truth in your presumption.''
Zero truth? Is it true that he stumbles constantly in his speech? True or false. I would say true.
Is it true that many of his tweets are misspelled and grammatically chaotic? True or false. I would say true.
Is it true that he says one thing one day and the says the opposite the next? True or false. I would say true.
Is it true that he has many many ludicrous notions like detonating a nuke in the eye of a hurricane to turn it around? True or false. True.

Look, I can keep adding to this list but you hopefully can see the point. There IS ample evidence that this guy is unstable. If you choose to ignore it, that is on you.

'He has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that he is smart and savvy.'' I think that list above puts that statement to rest. Those questions above do demonstrate reasonable doubt to many of us. If not you then well, that as well is on you.

You say that in your lifetime he is the only one to try to fulfill his campaign promises. Well, are you blind? The ''only'' one?Pleeeze. And in your life time? I can tell you about my life time. I have lived through 13 presidencies and been old enough to pay attention to 11 of those. Though I have been satisfied with none of them, I can admit that all of them have at least tried to fulfill their campaign promises. How do you even get away with that kind of thinking even in your on head. That is just baffling.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Who ever runs against him best batten down the hatches or just turn of social media as I am assuming Trump will be firing each of them a covfefe nugget of truth, while he attains boss mode status via thumbs up from his twitter following

I predict each of them will crumble to the master troll of twitter, a label even his fans have given him in regards to his trolling of the democrats

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Likely you are right these challenges will amount to him still getting the nomination. However these challenges, if they really go all out, will challenge him to face THEM during the primary season instead of focusing on the Democrats and theirs. Other conservative Republicans challenging him could bring questions to the minds of not his ardent supporters but rather to moderate republicans listening to him debate them.

It's one thing to get Republicans to believe that all the democrats are bad and evil, but these are or at least have been respected representatives of conservative thought.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That is foolish. I am not defending the source I used. I just used the one that I found. You can go ahead and find your own and likely see that in this case, the source is irrelevant because in this case at least there is no bias, just reporting what is actually happening.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Trump is such a snowflake that he's already blocked Joe Walsh on Twitter, even though a judge ruled that's a violation of the 1st Amendment. But, it's Trump and he doesn't care about the Constitution.

Encouraging a primary race challenge against Trump is the smartest thing the RNC could do right now. That way they don't have all their eggs in one rickety basket.

Personally, I'd vote for John Kasich over any Democrat running, right now.

edit on 28-8-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Personally, I'd vote for John Kasich over any Democrat running, right now.

Sure you would.......

I love advice from people who don't have the same objectives.

But I'll play along, what are the top 3 things you like about Kasich's platform?

You did notice how Ohio, Kasich's home turf, voted for Trump, right?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I think a non-crazy moderate Republican is the ticket to "save" America, not a Democrat looking to recalibrate the federal government.

Trump is destroying our country. That's my opinion, and I'll vote for anyone to get rid of him.

Biden? ...Just no! Warren and/or Sander are too far left, and for that reason, if either are actually elected they won't be able to get anything done, because they won't be able to get a consensus. Mayor Pete, Tulsi whatsename, just don't have a commanding presence necessary to take on Trump. Harris? She can replace Barr as the next AG, not be the next POTUS.

Kasich's hasn't announced, and so he doesn't really have a "platform" other than a Republican platform. I dislike his stance on abortion, I can tell you that, but next to Mike Pence and Trump, I can deal. From what I remember about his health care approach, I think he can handle health care issues more thoughtfully than the Trump administration has been able to. Having been a state governor he does have an idea how health insurance works, and maybe he can reach across the aisle on pre-existing conditions and Medicare expansion. We aren't ready for single payer, just yet. IMHO

Kasich will be able to restore a sense of sanity and normality, because he's sufficiently conservative, and Christians like him. I'd vote for Kasich before I'd vote for any of the Democrats currently in the running.

Kasich wont destroy our country, in my opinion. Trump and everyone else running could, and just might.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: tanstaafl
'' there is zero truth in your presumption.''
Zero truth?

Yep...

Is it true that he stumbles constantly in his speech? True or false. I would say true.

You would be wrong - as usual.

He talks like a New Yorker.

Is it true that many of his tweets are misspelled and grammatically chaotic? True or false. I would say true.

Haven't noticed many if any misspellings (I was a spelling bee champion and easily spot things like that), but... I don't read every single tweet looking for any remote tiny little thing to support my TDS either.

Grammatically chaotic? You mean like the 99.9% of stuff from everyone else on twitter?

Is it true that he says one thing one day and the says the opposite the next? True or false. I would say true.

Nope, haven't seen that at all, with maybe a couple of exceptions...

Is it true that he has many many ludicrous notions like detonating a nuke in the eye of a hurricane to turn it around? True or false. True.

Again with the presumption. That was a hearsay comment from an unnamed source. But it also sounds like something I might say in an off-hand conversation when tossing ideas around about what to do about hurricanes.

Anyone who believes he was seriously considering it is a level 6 TDS sufferer.

Look, I can keep adding to this list but you hopefully can see the point.

You can keep adding to the list, but without any actual evidence to back these assertions up, all they are is assertions from a known TDS sufferer.

There IS ample evidence that this guy is unstable. If you choose to ignore it, that is on you.

Not ignoring anything, just getting tired of pointing out that the people making these claims have zero evidence to support it.

'He has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that he is smart and savvy.'' I think that list above puts that statement to rest.
No, all it does is prove you suffer from TDS in a bigly way..

You say that in your lifetime he is the only one to try to fulfill his campaign promises.

No - I said not only tried, but done so to excess.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join