It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Challengers to Trump begin to emerge

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

People know all of that about Donald Trump. That is why the mainstream media is not able to even ding him, let alone destroy him.

Most voters look around at their career their family and personal life then decide who to vote for. It's been that way forever.

edit on 8/22/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Walsh could actually be an issue for Trump in debates. Walsh is/was a local talk show host here in Chicago so he knows how to argue well in sound bites and can communicate well.

Trump is popular among those who matter. The fact Democrats don't like him is irrelevant. If 80% of Republicans or whatever are supporting Trump, then that is all that matters.

I think Walsh is being put up to run by the RINO leadership. He has his own baggage though (messy divorce IIRC).

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I’m curious as why someone would waste their time to take this position. Do you honestly think Trump won’t be the Republican nominee unless he chooses to withdraw himself ?

There’s not a chance in hell anyone else will get the nomination .

I’m so confident I will put my money where my mouth is and bet you on it .

The loser has to give a humble apology to the winner .

What do you say ?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
He has his own baggage though (messy divorce IIRC).

If the baggage consists only of a messy divorce, it doesn't sound like a huge issue.

Look at Trump's baggage.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Down. I'm not betting here nor predicting, just trying to keep an open mind on future prospects. The likeliness of him losing the primary is slim, we could all agree on that. But those primaries are still down the road and who knows what might happen before then.

To me it is lazy thinking that takes for granted that things won't change enough before that time to change the whole equation.

And again, as to him choosing to not run, well, I have to give him a certain level of shrewedness, enough that he may decide to cut his loses and just opt for that ''I done what I could'' gambit and then head off back to his empire and harvest the monetary crops he has been planting. Who knows, I sure don't.

So no, I will not bet however if I did I would certainly be willing to admit it. Crying of course but still admit it.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

....If you say so.

Like the world didn't know Trump was full of ego and hyperbole.

I know I was shocked.

Lol

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Most politicians hide the skeletons in their closet. In 2015/16 the media, the DNC and the RNC threw everything single thing they could find regarding Trump and threw it at him. There were some very big contenders during his debates, and, he killed it. He then did it to HRC who is a 110% polished, protected politician.

There is nothing he is hiding. There is nothing to hide. The reason the Russians and Racism are not in the cycle is historically what will kill a second term is a bad economy. It is not happening in the real world but damn you would think it was Armageddon if you watch Maddow or the other talking heads.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

originally posted by: Edumakated
He has his own baggage though (messy divorce IIRC).

If the baggage consists only of a messy divorce, it doesn't sound like a huge issue.

Look at Trump's baggage.

Remember, Obama won his Senate seat because the Republican candidate's divorce records were unsealed and wife had made some salacious allegations about sex clubs. While divorces are common, the MSM has a way of spinning anything into a big issue for a political candidate.

Walsh seems like an opportunist. However, he could be a thorn in Trumps side. Like I said, he communicates fairly well given his talk show experience and has a decent grasp of issues.

I just find it odd that Republicans would start coming out the wood work to run given Trumps popularity and other results. It shows how the party is somewhat fractured. Trump is a nationalist. The party leadership are solidly globalist. Trumps major policies - trade and immigration go against what the establishment Republicans want.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yeah I guess we don’t look at it the same way. A discussion on this line in my opinion is wasted thinking.

The worst thing the Republican Party could do is get behind a seriously contested primary. Anyone entertaining this idea is not entertaining it for the benefit of the possible candidates. They are entertaining it for the damage it could do to the Republican Party .

This narrative falls under the whole beware of Greeks bearing gifts thing .

Quasi good intentions steeped in treachery .

edit on 22-8-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
John Kasich is the least long shot, and I'd only give him maybe a 3% chance. The others will be lucky to crack 1%. Jeff Flake will be within a rounding error of 0.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Jeff Flake , Joe Walsh, Mark Sanford, John Kasich and Bill Weld " ? LOL ....... Stop , your Killing Me !

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Jeff Flake , Joe Walsh, Mark Sanford, John Kasich and Bill Weld " ? LOL ....... Stop , your Killing Me !

There's a good reason Democrats are getting a hard-on with all those supposed Contenders....... None of them would stand a chance against the stellar Dem field. I bet even Spartacus could win against them.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I knew he was full of #, but not the rest.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I agree that it can be seen this way and work this way as well, though it also could be that those who would oppose them are not as fearful of the liberal agenda as they are of what they see as the chaos emanating from Trump himself.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: pavilI agree, he did handle that 2016 election with gusto. However, I see much of that as being due to the lack of knowledge of just how off base and very possibly infirm his mental capacity could be. That must be a huge issue don't you think? Even if he is as astute as you hope him to be, his erratic behavior and commentary of late, if continued, needs to be considered by people from all sides. I don't know if he CAN shut up and just let things run it's course.

It's comical how you people just don't quit...Your Russia hoax petered out so now it's Trump has depleted his mental capacity and is a racess white supremacist...

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
at this point it's essentially a shoe in for Trump

I'll be voting for Andrew Yang as he's the only candidate who understands and is talking about the only issue that matters.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Until anyone comes forward with the guts and the (metaphorical) balls to challenge Democrats and the Media like Trump, they don't stand a chance. Republicans (that I know anyway) don't want some wimpy gutless candidate like in the past who backs down and capitulates to the media's every story.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

I see that you as an individual have succumbed to the notion that anyone who questions this president can be neatly grouped into a collective container of ''you people'. Well in that I must say thanks, thanks for shuffling me off into some amorphous mental construct that allows you to ignore anything that upsets your own comprehension of reality.

I almost cannot believe I am writing this as I myself so often think that that kind of statement is written only by ''you people''

But all that crap aside, I can only suggest that you watch your boss man more closely. Watch his physical gestures, listen to his words and his guffaws and ask yourself, were he not the leader of the nation and indeed were only the uncle come to visit now and then, would you not be worried about him were he just that uncle? I would. I would talk with my family about his mental stability, about what it is that is making him so seemingly off balance. I would question his ability to drive home alone or even at times make it out to his car.

But I suppose it is easier to just write me and others who question this guy off to just being '' you others'' and products of CNN. That pal is bosh thinking and promoted by your very own propagandists. Oh, didn't you know that there are propagandists on BOTH sides of the information struggle?

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
It sure doesn't look that way as their reply post was axed

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

There is no Republican challenge. As much as Salon might want to think otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join