It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: New Bankruptcy Bill Protects Rich: Squeezes Troops, Everyone Else

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Originally posted by CAConrad0825
I am not a bu#e, but i am conservative.

Conservatives used to be against big government.

Alas you are mistaken. I stated i was a conservative. Not a neo-conservative. Common mistake. However I am not a "shove democracy down their throats person". I am however angry at these modern conflicts being more about WMD than human rights violations. Isolationism unless human dignity and rights are in jeopardy, which this country is notorious for ignoring (i.e. North Korea, WWII, Iraq, Afrghanistan, Cambodia, Russia, Sudan, majority of South America, Syria, and on and on). Once again I am a conservative, not a neo-conservative.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by CAConrad0825]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I retired on disability from the US Navy after 12 years of service. I couldn't get a job right away, and having two children, the only way that my wife and I believed we could survive was to declare Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. The interesting thing is that only two months after filing, we were inudated with offers for credit cards from a number of sources. We applied, and guess what, we were approved. I discovered that a person in chapter 7 is considered a "Good Risk" because they cannot declare Chapter 7 for at least 7 more years. Unless you declare Chapter 13, which is, when combined with a 7, called a Chapter 20. As far as I am concerned, the credit card companies are just as guily as the people (us included) who abuse them. Lower the rates, and maybe we will pay the bills, or at the least, do not offer credit cards.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
As when the time comes and I have no money to feed my kids, I will kill the rich and eat them. They can take all of their money and stuff it up their butts as it won't stop me and a large rock from bashing in their heads.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAConrad0825

I stated i was a conservative. Not a neo-conservative. Common mistake. However I am not a "shove democracy down their throats person". I am however angry at these modern conflicts being more about WMD than human rights violations.

Glad to hear it CAC. ...Hope you will keep your hand in here - a voice of right reason as it were.

I retired on disability from the US Navy after 12 years of service. I couldn't get a job right away, and having two children, the only way that my wife and I believed we could survive was to declare Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. ....I discovered that a person in chapter 7 is considered a "Good Risk" because they cannot declare Chapter 7 for at least 7 more years. ....As far as I am concerned, the credit card companies are just as guily as the people (us included) who abuse them.

That's called "predatory marketing." They do it to underage kids too. Now, having pushed credit harder than gangstas push drugs, they're after their pound of flesh.

Sorry that happened to you. Please take care - and NEVER give up. There's a change in the wind.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thanks soficrow. Most people would call me a dead beat. I couldn't agree more. Hopefully, we can change this for our children.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by swdecord
Thanks soficrow. Most people would call me a dead beat. I couldn't agree more. Hopefully, we can change this for our children.

No problem. Just keep speaking up, speaking out and telling your story. People are starting to listen. And it DOES make a difference.

BTW - You're NOT a deadbeat. You're a Veteran of the US Navy. Someday, that will be something to be proud of again. I promise.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I was looking for something else, and found this.

So bump.

Just in case anyone still thinks the global financial crisis was not orchestrated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join