It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dayton shooter found to have mind-altering SSRI drugs in his system

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Welbutrin is not an SSRI. seriously, folks, educate yourselfs before you start with the derision.

"MIND-ALTERING".... boogity-boogity-boo!!

psh.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

I never said it was, just said it made me go a little crazy. Sorry if my post implied it was an SSRI

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I agree with your statement OP, that the link with these SSRI's and these mass murderers is undeniably there. However, I also agree with someone's response that they are not meant to be mixed with the combination of alcohol and other drugs this shooter was on.

My hunch is that a majority of these shooters are under heavy MK ultra mind control as well. A quick glance at James Holmes reactions in those famous courtroom tapes, the account from another inmate that Holmes said he was "programmed to kill" and felt like he was " In a video game" all seem to allude that there is more to this.

SSRI's can certainly be a contributing factor though.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Well, this will come as no surprise to most of us that understand how dangerous these drugs can be when used by certain people. I wanted to bring to the forefront that the use of these drugs is all too common among these mass-murderers. I wish Government would understand that mental health and the use of these drugs is the main cause of large scale killing sprees and not tools that are used.

According to an autopsy report, Betts had not only been taking mind-altering SSRIs in the lead-up to his murder melee, but he was also taking coc aine, Xanax, and alcohol, three other deadly drugs linked to extreme violence. In other words, Betts was severely mind-altered by a combination of Big Pharma and Big Alcohol when he decided to take the lives of innocent people for no apparent reason.

Article

Backwards thinking imo... the mental issues came first. Not the drugs. But if he was mixing with alcohol and or not medicating himself consistently, that could very well make him even more unstable than without the medicine.
Not trying to excuse him, I just dont like the "its the drugs!!" approach. But people are like that. We need concrete causes instead of some abstract thing going on in someones mind.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Psychologist, and psychiatrist

The ones entrusted to help society by keeping the individuals psychologically healthy are causing the most harm by chemically suppressing the emotional input instead if addressing the mental turmoil causing the emotions in the first place...

The ones we trust the most

They know how substances work not only outside-inn but inside-out as well, how the psyche, emotions, and the body mutualy influences each other, and how chemicals can alter this interaction. this is not new knowledge but stolen.

The witch hunt comes to mind...

I have only once seen one analyzing me, he said can't have you, we would have more problems with you than you would have with us

This story although on my bucket list will have to wait for another day.

If you go off your meds some things to consider.

talking to someone about your feelings is very important for you to be aware of them, preferably not a psychiatrist.
If you have no one to talk write it down or talk to a dog,cat,tree,bird whatever just verbalize your emotions. You have to hear them to be aware of them.
immersion in nature will help for the healing, once your stable, once you're not struggling with withdrawal effects any more.

Plan 5 days in nature without any human interaction. Camping tent, cooking gear, a forest, food and water you know, 5star survival

5 days is nothing if you can bring a huge backpack of food and gear, can stay put, and know the way back. It's not about survival anyway.
No human interaction is the tricky part... Especially with a mobile phone, i still recommend anyone inexperienced to bring his mobile phone with him, just in case.

If it helps No Clue

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
WOW! I didn't know so many people were taking that stuff. I feel fortunate never having to take those. What is strange, is that that stuff is ok with the federal government, but the use of cannabis is a big no no. Everyone I know that consumes cannabis is laid back and happy

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
WOW! I didn't know so many people were taking that stuff. I feel fortunate never having to take those. What is strange, is that that stuff is ok with the federal government, but the use of cannabis is a big no no. Everyone I know that consumes cannabis is laid back and happy

There are quite a few topics on this website that explain why that is. Probably the biggest reason most people either forget about or don't know about is racism. It's a history lesson.
edit on 19-8-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Haha.... not really. The green plant exacerbates my anxiety severely. Only panic attack I’ve ever had was with that medicine.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a total advocate for it to be legalized across the board. But it’s not a fix for everything and everyone. (Even though I believe it to be the best known plant to treat so many things.)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

The gov gets a ton of money from big pharma. They get nothing from weed.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Did you try pure sativa and/or indica strains? Not mixed with tobacco?

NC

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The problem is there is no accountability for Big Pharma. Their former execs basically run the FDA. We have the fox guarding the hen house here.

True, and if people can now sue gun manufacturers for the use of their products then people should also be able to sue drug companies for the things people do while on their products as well.
Like the sandy hook kid....his doctor destroyed the records of his treatment and I think he was also on that type of medication as well.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

I’ve tried many different strains, the best was a low TH C hybrid. Helped with my pain tremendously and had very little anxiety attached. There was a touch, but it wasn’t hard to get past. Usually I have a huge peak in anxiety and as long as I stay focused of something uplifting, I can get past it.

However, I avoid it in general because I just don’t like being confronted with that anxiety often. Even if the other end is a big payoff. I really must get over that, because it helps my condition like nothing else.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wouldn't a more accurate title of this post have been something to the effect of "Dayton shooter found to have multiple mind-altering drugs in his system"

I know that a % of people want to point to SSRI's as being the cause of many things but in this case this person had 3 additional drugs in their system which any combo of all of it could have caused that outcome.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

what exactly do you want to overcome?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

Are you asking what condition in me that it treats?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
However, I avoid it in general because I just don’t like being confronted with that anxiety often. Even if the other end is a big payoff. I really must get over that, because it helps my condition like nothing else.

Well, it can take up to a month for other types of anti-depressants and anti-psychotics to take effect. There's always going to be an adjustment period. Even to get used to feeling okay again.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
With every prescription of psych drugs there needs to be a TEMPORARY and VOLUNTARY removal of all firearms, ammo and other weapons from the dwelling regardless of who they belong to. Once TEMPORARILY locked and SECURED off site, the drug can be issued. 30 days after a 3-panel psych exam clears the patient once medication has been terminated for an appropriate time lapse, everything is returned.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The common denominator in almost every mass shooting.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

this is exactly why i dont take medicine for my anxiety as some of the only times ive been legit unwell was from medicine side effects in my childhood and early teens welbutrin was frigging evil

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Is there a way to know whether they'll help or hurt prior to actually taking them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join