It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dayton shooter found to have mind-altering SSRI drugs in his system

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well, this will come as no surprise to most of us that understand how dangerous these drugs can be when used by certain people. I wanted to bring to the forefront that the use of these drugs is all too common among these mass-murderers. I wish Government would understand that mental health and the use of these drugs is the main cause of large scale killing sprees and not tools that are used.

According to an autopsy report, Betts had not only been taking mind-altering SSRIs in the lead-up to his murder melee, but he was also taking coc aine, Xanax, and alcohol, three other deadly drugs linked to extreme violence. In other words, Betts was severely mind-altered by a combination of Big Pharma and Big Alcohol when he decided to take the lives of innocent people for no apparent reason.

Article
edit on 2019/8/19 by Metallicus because: sp

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Welbutrin made me go a little psycho and want to hurt people, so this s# does happen

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

This is the real problem we are facing. Simple truth here... you cant fix a problem using chemicals if you cant test for an quantify a chemical imbalance or problem in the first place. There is no chemical test for mental illness... SSRI drugs are a poisonous joke

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The problem is there is no accountability for Big Pharma. Their former execs basically run the FDA. We have the fox guarding the hen house here.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Yeah, but you're told NOT to mix SSRIs with alcohol and other drugs. This guy's blood had a mixture of substances that shouldn't be mixed together.

I was on Paxil for over 15 years before finally weaning off it. It helped with my anxiety and panic attacks, but I hated feeling like a robot with no emotions....everything felt neutral for me. I was careful not to drink too much, because I didn't want to take a chance of a bad reaction. Evidently, Betts didn't seem to care, since he mixed three drugs together, which shows what a dumb SOB he was.

All I know is, the withdrawal symptoms were absolutely nuts. Took me 6 months to wean off Paxil. The last 4 weeks I had uncontrollable rage, terrible insomnia and self loathing. My doctor never told me about the side effects, or about the withdrawal symptoms. This is inexcusable.

edit on 8/19/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I was put on Celexa. I was able to feel the exact moment that it kicked in, because suddenly I felt no more sadness. No more emotion. I had been going through a rough relationship breakup, so the doc thought I needed meds.
I took myself off after just a couple of weeks, and my brain felt periodically small random electrical like shocks. I told the doc and he had me get back on the celexa to wean off slowly.
That’s when he told me that they really don’t know what it would do to the brain over time. 🙄

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Yeah, I remember those electrical zaps whenever I missed a dose of Paxil.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I get them if i miss a dose of my Effexxor, they suck.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Rest assured, libs will acknowledge and embrace the SSRI argument since its a far left idiot, but only for this and other far left lunatics.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: snowspirit

Yeah, I remember those electrical zaps whenever I missed a dose of Paxil.

I remember those. Ouch. I also remember the blinding rage and depression I got after my Valium would wear off. The Wellbutrin and Effexor worked pretty good. Other than the total impotence, I mean.

I eventually found something all natural that worked like a charm. But I can't say what it is.
edit on 19-8-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Of course he was.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Of course he was.

I assume that someone has already collected a nice, long list of school shooters and suiciders who were found to have that stuff in their bloodstream. It works great. Until it doesn't.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Yeah, Wellbutrin scared the heck out of me. And they were giving it out like candy, just to quit smoking. I actually told my husband I had to stop taking it, because it made me feel crazy. Like I could hurt someone.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
....when used by certain people.

Can you expand? What certain SSRI patients are the ones to watch out for? There are millions of people on these drugs, but there are not millions of mass shootings.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I withdrew from both Paxil and Effexor cold turkey (not at the same time). These were not good times for me. I am amazed these drugs are legal.

(post by DictionaryOfExcuses removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This is the real problem we are facing. Simple truth here... you cant fix a problem using chemicals if you cant test for an quantify a chemical imbalance or problem in the first place. There is no chemical test for mental illness... SSRI drugs are a poisonous joke

No, they're not poison if used the right way. I have been on SSRIs since 1995 for severe anxiety disorder and I have never had an urge to hurt or kill someone. I have never felt suicidal. I have never been clinically depressed. I have never been "wacked out" by them. The worst that too high a dose did was make me dizzy. They are essential for some of us that like to live normal lives without panic attacks caused by a chemical imbalance in our brains that we had nothing to do with.

If a crazed individual is put on them incorrectly you can bet there will be issues, but used correctly they are a miracle for some of us.
edit on 19-8-2019 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Yeah, but you're told NOT to mix SSRIs with alcohol and other drugs. This guy's blood had a mixture of substances that shouldn't be mixed together.

I was on Paxil for over 15 years before finally weaning off it. It helped with my anxiety and panic attacks, but I hated feeling like a robot with no emotions....everything felt neutral for me. I was careful not to drink too much, because I didn't want to take a chance of a bad reaction. Evidently, Betts didn't seem to care, since he mixed three drugs together, which shows what a dumb SOB he was.

All I know is, the withdrawal symptoms were absolutely nuts. Took me 6 months to wean off Paxil. The last 4 weeks I had uncontrollable rage, terrible insomnia and self loathing. My doctor never told me about the side effects, or about the withdrawal symptoms. This is inexcusable.

Your doctor was an idiot for not knowing. I was on Paxil for five years until mine switched me to Zoloft. It made a positive difference (in nineteen-odd years only two panic attacks) and no impotency. The withdrawl symptoms are crazy, no one should ever stop them cold turkey.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join