It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My god, why can't you see?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Man as a whole has rejected God, so he stands back and lets them have it their way read Romans 1:18-32 If you think it is bad now just wait until the Body of Christ is removed from the earth. It will be a real hell for those here during the Great Tribulation.

you cant preach about love and compassion and then act all smug and superior about the apocalypse. either you believe in salvation or you believe in revenge. not both.

It's not revenge.

The restrainer is the Holy Spirit. It's the little voice in all of us that curbs our worst impulses whether or not we acknowledge it. Yes, even you.

We all have our darker impulses -- those times when maybe you're driving and someone tailgates you and in the back of your mind it whispers, "What if I slammed on my brakes right now? That'd serve that jack@ss right!" But the better angels of your nature help restrain you both because you know it's not right and because you know it'd be stupid.

The "better angels of your nature" are the Holy Spirit. What happens when it's gone from the earth? What happens when there are no "better angels" for anyone?

How much worse does it get?

And the reference above is about what happens to those who have wholly and consciously embraced the Holy Spirit. It was promised to them that they not be abandoned, so if the Holy Spirit goes out of the world, so will they. It will be one of the first obvious signs the world is headed for real disaster.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: TzarChasm

You should ask yourself why we're allowed free will. If only love existed, we would have all been created to live in Heaven doing God's will from the beginning without being given free will and the ability to sin. It doesn't sound like you've thought that through very well. God loves everyone, but he's not going to interfere with your free will to choose to accept Him or reject Him...the way He is, not the way you want Him to be.

less lives lost, less blood shed, less chaos endured

the cost of free will is millions souls, and the alternative is to stop playing cruel games with ants and get a real job

either cancel revelations or cancel free will, to do anything else is to take a giant steaming crap on mankind just to make a point

any choice that results in suffering is the wrong choice, especially when you are all powerful and can do literally anything you imagine

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Well, there's a reason God said that his thoughts were higher than our thoughts and his ways were higher than our ways. It's real easy for us to speculate on what we would do if we were God, but we don't know everything he knows in order to make an informed decision either.

Now you have me thinking, what if. If evil never existed, would we appreciate God? Would we learn anything? Would it matter? So many questions.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Cancel free will? So you want to be forced to love and acknowledge God? Somehow, I think you'd be just as sour over that as the current situation.

If you're angry at God, then you'll be angry no matter what He does, and this is why the current situation exists. God has better things to do than bother with creating perfection for those who will shun it.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

you cant preach about love and compassion and then act all smug and superior about the apocalypse. either you believe in salvation or you believe in revenge. not both.

Deuteronomy 32:35

35 To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

Romans 12:19

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 1 Corinthians 13:4-5

love does not test you for your loyalty or threaten you into submission, it does not make deals for your soul or punish you for disappointing it, it does not make doomsday schemes or play chess with the forces of evil to see who is more clever. love does not gamble with your life, love does not demand sacrifice and penance, love does not force you to serve or to beg, love does not humiliate or enslave, love does not abuse authority or demand respect

love is none of these things

One can't be threatened into submission.
God gave his only begotten son as a ransom for your sins.
Those who do not love live in darkness with the fear of death.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Well, there's a reason God said that his thoughts were higher than our thoughts and his ways were higher than our ways. It's real easy for us to speculate on what we would do if we were God, but we don't know everything he knows in order to make an informed decision either.

Now you have me thinking, what if. If evil never existed, would we appreciate God? Would we learn anything? Would it matter? So many questions.

So the whole point of evil existing is to make us appreciate god? Isnt that a little sadistic? Keeping yourself relevant by continually preserving evil in the world so people are forced to come crawling to you for hope. That is more or less what you just said.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Deuteronomy 32:35

35 To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.

Romans 12:19

19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 1 Corinthians 13:4-5

love does not test you for your loyalty or threaten you into submission, it does not make deals for your soul or punish you for disappointing it, it does not make doomsday schemes or play chess with the forces of evil to see who is more clever. love does not gamble with your life, love does not demand sacrifice and penance, love does not force you to serve or to beg, love does not humiliate or enslave, love does not abuse authority or demand respect

love is none of these things

One can't be threatened into submission.
God gave his only begotten son as a ransom for your sins.
Those who do not love live in darkness with the fear of death.

So what happens when you dont give yourself to gods will?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

In one comment you have made me feel so utterly retarded, inept, and unwanted.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Cancel free will? So you want to be forced to love and acknowledge God? Somehow, I think you'd be just as sour over that as the current situation.

If you're angry at God, then you'll be angry no matter what He does, and this is why the current situation exists. God has better things to do than bother with creating perfection for those who will shun it.

How am i supposed to be angry at a being which only in theory is responsible for the invention of chaos and suffering and keeps acting like humans are the cause of our own misery when we are just pawns in the chess game being played in heaven and hell with our world in the balance, that would just be silly to get mad at someone who cant be indicted for their unethical practices because they have no physical address or even a legal identity to consider them an actual person, i am just talking about the concept popularly recognized as a divine creation icon and how it actually represents a great deal of unhealthy and immoral philosophies.

Besides, cancelling free will and just forcing all of civilization to accept you as king is a lot more honest than acting like a choice between loyalty or death isnt really coercion. Its basically protection money but you are paying god to keep you safe from his sinister plans.
edit on 18-8-2019 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

So the whole point of evil existing is to make us appreciate god? Isnt that a little sadistic? Keeping yourself relevant by continually preserving evil in the world so people are forced to come crawling to you for hope. That is more or less what you just said.

Is that not the way TPTB operate ?

Perhaps it was intended as a "How to be a good slave" instruction manual, written by friendly slave-owners ?

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

When you're not born of water and Spirit you remain in darkness fearing death.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Is that not the way TPTB operate ?

Perhaps it was intended as a "How to be a good slave" instruction manual, written by friendly slave-owners ?

oh you mean the bible?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

When you're not born of water and Spirit you remain in darkness fearing death.

you could have just said you dont have an intelligent answer

i would understand

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You lose track of conversations. Noted.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

First, BTW, I wasn't replying to anything you said. I was speaking to Out6of9balance specifically while you can see the post replies, it was in reply to him. Not you.

I wasn't smug. I didn't say anything about revenge. But we all know you like twist things around to just argue anyway, that is and has been your MO for a few years.

You don't even know what Apocalypse really means, You have knowledge of it but without wisdom of it.

edit on 8/21/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Yeah, and the ensuing religions, and also the behavior of "Big Religion" in general.

My bad for not making that clearer, sorry.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You lose track of conversations. Noted.

i asked what happens if you dont submit and you said fear of death, i said that isnt an intelligent response because god is fear of death. even gods fear death, that's why the story talks about making a clone so he could avoid the nasty himself

I dont want to hear about life everlasting from a guy who sent a kid to get executed for him, and i dont want to hear about love from a man who does that to his own kid, and I certainly dont want to hear about authority from a king who abuses his throne to impregnate women without permission and then kill their baby in front of them. that includes the plague in Egypt. infanticide is never okay, thats like Hitler kind of evil

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

First, BTW, I wasn't replying to anything you said. I was speaking to Out6of9balance specifically while you can see the post replies, it was in reply to him. Not you.

I wasn't smug. I didn't say anything about revenge. But we all know you like twist things around to just argue anyway, that is and has been your MO for a few years.

You don't even know what Apocalypse really means, You have knowledge of it but without wisdom of it.

Thats exactly what a smug self satisfied so called spiritualist would say. "You arent smart enough to appreciate the infinite wisdom of genocide and global destruction" all that matters to you is being on the right side, the side that wins, which is to say, the side that survives. A totalitarian attitude, the philosophy of kowtowing to the bully with the biggest stick because its better than dying.

You dont have to use the word revenge to describe it, its everywhere in your holy book and it is sickening to see people all around the world jumping on board because staying alive and finding eternal life is better than having real values when it's time for the big man to invade planet earth and take everything by force. Independence day, except the aliens become our new rulers and the colonists bite the dust. Long live the red coats, long live the king.

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Have you ever been hit from behind by a driver?? I mean really hit, not just a little fender bender..
I have, whiplash doesnt feel too good and I kind of think anyone who have experienced it doesnt need any supernatural power whispering in their ear to know how stupid it is to slam on your breaks because of a tailgater.

Experience is a great teacher.
edit on 25-8-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

The person you are calling is temporarily not available....
At least that's the conclusion I arrived at. God is not here, doesn't care, or is indistinguishable from the King of Lies

You just gave yourself and every other sentient being on this planet a terrible rebuke unless you truely dont care, are not available and are a liar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join