It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minnesota Republicans Submit Request for IRS Investigation Into Omar’s Fraudulent Tax Returns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Minnesota Republicans have submitted a request for an IRS investigation into Ilhan Omar's tax returns. The request is also looking into “improper payments” for speaking at various Minnesota colleges.

“Rep. Omar has demonstrated disdain for transparency" Drazkowski said.

State Rep. Steve Drazkowski (R-Mazeppa) announced Tuesday that he is submitting formal requests to the IRS and the Minnesota Department of Revenue for a full investigation into Rep. Ilhan Omar’s (D-MN-05) fraudulent 2014 and 2015 tax returns.

As The Minnesota Sun reported, Omar filed joint tax returns in 2014 and 2015 with Ahmed Hirsi, even though she was married to Ahmed Nur Said Elmi from 2009 to 2017.

Omar claims that she “corrected” those tax returns, though Drazkowski alleges that she may have improperly used campaign funds to do so. The Republican lawmaker was joined by several of his colleagues at a Tuesday press conference, including State Reps. Eric Lucero, Shane Mekeland, Linda Runbeck, Tim Miller, Cal Bahr, Jeremy Munson and more.

“I am very pleased that several of my colleagues here in the Minnesota House are joining me in this effort,” he said.

“More and more people are beginning to realize that Rep. Omar’s deceptive conduct is unacceptable. The people deserve answers.”

At the end of the press conference this was asked..

One reporter asked Drazkowski what “concerns” he has “for the congresswoman’s personal safety.”

...err...what?? This about is about improper and illegal tax returns. What's "personal safety" got to do with filing correctly and being held accountable if you don't??

Source

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Diaspar

Is this the same as asking a president for tax returns?
There are no laws stating the president must show his returns but I don't know if that's true in Minnesota for their law makers..

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Isn't this racist or Islamophobic?

If it isn't...it soon will be.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
She's done some shady stuff but this was the case for many Somalians during that time. I'm not defending her at all to be clear but this was common practice back then. If there is anyone to truly blame it's the Federal and State Government for turning a blind eye to all of it. There is no point to laws without enforcement. One can put a sign on an office fridge do not leave spoiled food in there but so what. Who has the balls to throw it out. That would be nobody until the whole damn fridge start smelling.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Agree and i don't know either, however

What has "personal safety" got to do with transparency and investigating tax fraud and evasion?

Some of the media seem to want (or need) this to be about a witch hunt against Omar, rather than actually investigating the tax issues.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Sexist.

*boom*

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I guess it was too politically incorrect to mention that she should be investigated for immigration fraud? I'm guessing that they hope that one will lead to the other. Tax fraud, immigration fraud, campaign finance fraud, etc...

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Don't send her back!

Put her in jail!

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sexist.

*boom*

Pussy-discrimination !!

So, I report this to PETA ?
edit on 13-8-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Put her in jail and then deport her after her time has been served. Isn't that SUPPOSED to be the standard protocol?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Put her in jail and then deport her after her time has been served. Isn't that SUPPOSED to be the standard protocol?

First she needs to be charged, and found guilty, if that happens, then yes, your protocol sounds right. I'll be curious to know if she is charged and found guilty, will she still have that smug little smile on her gob?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

It would certainly be interesting if she was the first sitting congressman to be deported from the country.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
One can put a sign on an office fridge do not leave spoiled food in there but so what. Who has the balls to throw it out. That would be nobody until the whole damn fridge start smelling.

It's smelling so bad in politics. But, just like the food, who's going to have the balls to throw them out. Certainly can't rely on the media to do their part. They'll probably go after Steve Drazkowski for even bringing it up.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It won't matter if they find her guilty.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

First she needs to be charged, and found guilty, if that happens, then yes, your protocol sounds right. I'll be curious to know if she is charged and found guilty, will she still have that smug little smile on her gob?

I believe in equality.

She should be charged, put in jail, set an extremely excessive bail that's 50x higher than anything logical, then she should have to prove she's innocent because she is presumed guilty until she does so.

Just like it happens with the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Now Omar should retaliate by having the IRS go over Drazkowski's tax returns with a fine tooth comb and include his extended family and all their businesses. Careful what you ask for...you might just get it!!

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!!

Politics can get gnarly for the dumbasses, trying to make political points with their constituents.

edit on 13-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Is this the same as asking a president for tax returns?
There are no laws stating the president must show his returns but I don't know if that's true in Minnesota for their law makers..

Not really the same. They are asking the IRS to look at her tax returns, not for the release publicly. So actually doing it the correct way and not just looking for political bullets to be used against her (like so many are trying to do do with Trump's tax returns).

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sexist.

*boom*

Pussy-discrimination !!

So, I report this to PETA ?

I don't know, coming out with comments like that do PETA exist in the pathetic alternate reality you live in?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

if you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: olaru12

if you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear.

Admirable words, Trumps tax returns will be published when exactly? Do audits usually run for a presidential term?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join