It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I became a white supremacist… a true story.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

So funny, I thought I was alone. I too grew up in the 70s, amongst mostly white people. Not by choice, its just where I happened to live there were a lot of white people. I didn't hate black, brown, yellow, or red people. I was actually a left leaning democrat those days, well those days left leaning meant you cared about the environment and workers rights. I too voted twice for Obama because I didn't like his opponent. Then in 2016 I could bring myself neither to vote for Trump or Hillary, not that I disliked Trump, but I did rather dislike Hillary, who I viewed as a pro outsourcing globalist, one of the actual architects of NAFTA. Then suddenly I started to notice that there was a lot of talk of white people being evil and responsible for all the problems of society basically, and talk of "white privilege" even though most people of a white working class background, which I originated from (not totally I am a pretty dark southern Italian, but we mostly identify as white) never have had any kind of privilege, unless you call a paycheck to paycheck job privilege. Suddenly, because I love my country, and don't like all the sudden overt hostility towards Caucasians, I am a sheet wearing, cross burning hate filled racist. And I never even saw it coming. And the strange thing is, I still don't hate anyone different than myself.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm sorry...but I can't seem to find the point at which you became "a white supremacist".

Could you point me to that part please? Perhaps I missed it...

Oh, wait...

EDIT: President Trump is not even that racist. What has he said about black folks, for instance? He's called Africa "a s*ithole" (many parts of SSA are quite bad - cesspits of violence, poverty, famine and war and rape etc). He's told some moaning Democrats to "go home". He's said that Baltimore needs help. Again, hardly "I'm a racist who firebombs black churches racist" level, is he? I can't actually remember much else... "Mexicans, mexicans everywhere"? (There are a fair bit of Mexicans - especially in southern states bordering...umm...the United Mexican States"
edit on 11-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Crackers love cheese.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Not gonna lie, you had me in the first half a reply to: RickinVa

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
My story is almost exactly the same as the OP. Voted for Obama twice. However, I admit I’ve become racist in the last 5-10 years — or can finally admit it to myself and others — and I think just about everyone is racist to some extent. To me, it’s not important what I think of you or vice versa, it’s how we treat each other that’s all-important. Yes, I have stereotypical views of people different from me, but I have always tried to treat people I meet with respect and courtesy as long as they return the favor. Other than observing the Golden Rule, all I ask of others is to not be a burden on me or society. I don’t mean folks down on their luck for no fault of their own; I’m referring to those who act irresponsibly and then refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I legit thought this was going to say: "I voted for Trump."

That's pretty much all you need to do for Liberals to believe one is a white supremacist.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Genuine question from a Brit. In the US do rightists have leftist friends and vice versa and mix socially, or do they try to kill each other? From grazing US politics topics, I kind of get drawn to the latter conclusion but would be interested to know.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

TLDR

He thinks he's a white supremacist because "many now view him as one".

Someone throw this in the trash thread pile. Many people will call many others many different things, they don't require threads from triggered individuals playing the sad song on their tiny violin.
edit on 13-8-2019 by ItsAllOk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItsAllOk

TLDR

Someone throw this in the trash thread pile. Many people will call many others many different things, they don't require threads from triggered individuals playing the sad song on their tiny violin.

Sadly pointless threads like this dominate the internet far more often than anything of substance. Not much can be done about that...

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

A story about how a person acquires a label when they did nothing to earn it.

That is a pointless thread to you?

It's a commentary....nothing more,,,nothing less.

But it is far from pointless.

I refrained from posting in this thread (this is my first real reply) because I wanted to see how it developed.
edit on 13-8-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItsAllOk

TLDR

Its both sad and amusing that in response to being called a white supremacist or racist that some folks first reaction is rather than fight it, ignore it or endeavor to prove their not they just accept it and champion it as if some external force has suddenly made them happy to embrace all that white nationalism/racism entails.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

"Its both sad and amusing that in response to being called a white supremacist or racist that some folks first reaction is rather than fight it, ignore it or endeavor to prove their not they just accept it and champion it"

Reading comprehension 101:

I never said I am now a white supremacist.

I am not a white supremacist.

I have never been a white supremacist.

I do not like the fact that some people now perceive me as one. My post was only to voice my objection and to point out the idiocy of someone thinking that I am a white supremacist simply because I voted for a certain political candidate.

As I pointed out...I voted for Obama twice......was I a white supremacist then?

Why I am considered to be one now?

I didn't need a thread with 40 links and pictures to get the point across..... a simple true story did it nicely.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: muzzleflash

A story about how a person acquires a label when they did nothing to earn it.

That is a pointless thread to you?

It's a commentary....nothing more,,,nothing less.

But it is far from pointless.

I refrained from posting in this thread (this is my first real reply) because I wanted to see how it developed.

I agreed with your OP commentary for what it's worth.

Since I wrote a long sanctimonious diatribe, but am ashamed of posting it publicly, I'll u2u it to you. I don't want it to go to waste so I'll send it to you privately. lol

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is, sadly, how the vast majority of people became white supremacists. There's simply not enough real ones to keep up the media narrative, so lots of people who aren't actually white supremacists had to be labeled such.

The left is failing bad.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   

"Its both sad and amusing that in response to being called a white supremacist or racist that some folks first reaction is rather than fight it, ignore it or endeavor to prove their not they just accept it and champion it"

Uh, isn't the thread titled 'How I became a white supremacist'? Like I mean yeah you didn't directly say you were one, but you did directly say you've become one.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Uh, isn't the thread titled 'How I became a white supremacist'? Like I mean yeah you didn't directly say you were one, but you did directly say you've become one.

Playing dumb, eh? No need to play, really...

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I have become a white supremacist in the minds of some people simply for my voting choice. That is the point.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I have become a white supremacist in the minds of some people simply for my voting choice. That is the point.

I know that. Wayfarer knows that too, he just has no substantive response so he has to pretend he didn't get the point.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
it doesn't matter what anyone calls me and i really don't give a # what anyone thinks of me.
i know who i am, but to every single person who knows me, i'm a totally different person depending on the individual.

and since i can't control how someone perceives me, i'm just going to keep being me.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Posted here because it seemed like the right place. Mods move at will.

How I became a white supremacist… a true story.

When I was young, I was a little different. I didn’t want to grow up and be a President, or a doctor or a lawyer…I was fascinated by dolphins and wanted to grow up and study them. I do not remember wanting to grow up to be a white supremacist, it just kind of happened.

I am in my 60’s and my formative years were from mid 60's to mid 70's, ages 5-16. I grew up in a white neighborhood with my little white friends. I was bussed 8 miles out to a rural county school in the name of de-segregation, which was crazy because my elementary school consisted of a bunch of white kids and 3 black girls. My high school was the same, except it was only 2 black girls because the other one’s family moved.

I spent the first 20+ years of my life in an almost all white environment as far as friends, family, social interactions, etc.

Then I joined the Army and my world was literally thrown upside down. I was suddenly living with, eating with and spending my entire day with people from a variety of different backgrounds: whites, blacks, Hispanics, Asians, etc.

My time in the military and as government employee involved countless hours spent in the company of people different from me. We worked shift work, and you really get to know people when you are working a mid shift and there is nothing to do but talk to pass the time.

In the process of growing older, I quickly came to realize that when you strip away all the labels and preconceptions you may have…you are simply left with human beings who all basically want the same things, regardless of ethnic backgrounds.

Then it began to change…

In 2008, I voted for Obama….I wanted desperately to believe in hope and change. I do not recall wanting to become a white supremacist at that point.

In 2012, I voted for Obama again, not because I believed the hype anymore, simply because I could not bring myself to vote for the opponent. Again, I do not recall wanting to be a white supremacist at that point either.

In 2016, the Democratic Party lost me because they went out of their way pushing a terrible candidate who had major flaws and swung my vote to Trump in order to keep that candidate out of office. I do not recall wanting to be a white supremacist at this point either.

Now it is 2019, and because I am a white, older male who voted for Trump, many now view me as a neo-nazi, gun loving, white supremacist. Funny thing is…I still don’t recall ever wanting to be a white supremacist.

A white supremacist believes his race or skin color makes them superior to other homo sapiens or people. If you believe you are superior to other people. Then you are a supremacist. If you stopped that believe then no your not one. This is the defined truth. Whether you love trump, obama, santa claus or satan. Doesn't matter. Deny all ignorance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join