It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Epidemic of Gun violence and Mass Murder break the back of the Republican Party in 2020 ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It happens everywhere they just use a different instrument of destruction. You don't remember THIS?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Good luck making gun ownership illegal.

Even then, do you think there won't be people who, gasp, illegally use and own guns to do illegal things.

You are aware of how many crimes are prevented by legal ownership and use of guns, right?

It's people we need to change not legally owned guns. Go ahead and limit guns and increase background checks. Get back to me how that worked. We will see who is right. Maybe I'll be wrong, but sadly extremists will find a way to be extreme.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

They have in Chicago. This is my point. The court allows it as local public safety.

My bigger point though is why would you designate an illegal gun and then not be ready to take the illegal guns away. I am talking about the specific gun laws for the city.

And again read the post. First thing is it does not.

However if you can get a warrant to spy on a gang member and the gun charges are to mitigate guns not making prison money it seems like more progress would be made on gangs who use illegal firearms (weapons in illegal ways)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Are you actually touting Chicago as an example of how banning guns works?

Really?

Hate to see how bad it would have been with all those illegal guns there.

Good luck overturning the 2nd.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Oh I am sorry I thought you could read. Maybe your hormones are acting up.

Try again.
edit on 8-8-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Oh I am sorry I thought you could read. Maybe your hormones are acting up.

Try again.

Thought you were better than that.

Has banning guns worked in America? Please elaborate on your above response. Has the law actually stopped people from using illegal guns?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I was better until people became so emotional they make up arguements...

Yes gun laws work. Texas has a ccl so every person in Houston doesn't have a fire arm in their sweatpants. And if they do there is a clear punishment.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Has it in Houston?

Link to Houston Crime statistics

Still way above the national average.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Sure has. Otherwise it would be far harder to prosecute gang members.

The real question is though why no push for illegal gun removal. Guns that have committed crimes..

Do you think semi auto music festival is a good idea?

What about bars and guns and people drinking while carrying?

Do gun laws help NYC? What kind of weapons should you be allowed to have on a crowded subway?

I guess it doesn't matter. They should be allowed at every sports finals series.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Please point to data supporting your claim. I'm pretty sure most Gang members don't legally carry anyway, perhaps I'm mistaken. The Crime stats don't seem much better. Texas has open carry do they not?

Didn't know guns commit crimes, I always thought people did.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Open carry for rifles but again local ordences havw been ruled constitutional.

Well when I worked with law enforcement in BJJ for the field training I know they can ask people they see carrying a handgun for the permit or when they pull a person over. They then often find other things or a new lead.

This is true people also commit accidents so you generally try and mitigate that.

Do you know of many sports stadiums anywhere that want the crowd full of guns?

Any human nature to consider...no?

Anyhow I am.totally against federal gun laws.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

The real question is though why no push for illegal gun removal. Guns that have committed crimes..

What about bars and guns and people drinking while carrying?

Do gun laws help NYC? What kind of weapons should you be allowed to have on a crowded subway?

I guess it doesn't matter. They should be allowed at every sports finals series.

edit on 8-8-2019 by cognizant420 because: ?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

Have you ever seen a weapon commit a crime? I sure havent. Seen lots of people.commit crimes tho

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: cognizant420

Have you ever seen a weapon commit a crime? I sure havent. Seen lots of people.commit crimes tho

Generally it doesn't matter to dead people.

Why can't you have grenades when running track right? If someone wants to do it why not.
edit on 8-8-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Ty.

I'm not against some attempts that try to harshly punish illegal possession or use of guns. Most legislation seems to hurt law abiding gun owners more. The vast majority of legal gun owners are NOT the problem.

I've never felt unsafe around people open carrying.

It's a problem that our society will have to deal with more than just by legislating more gun controls.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

So I started this by saying gun laws won't help mass shootings but could help allow a way to prosecute and get warrants for gang related crime.

Trump supporters are so shell shocked from liberals they have become them imo.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: AlienView

Why dont the crazy people in other countries do things like open fire on an innocent crowd?

This only happens here.

The media in the U.S. is particularly vile and has done a lot of harm to our unity. It makes people who disagree enemies. And they focus on the negative stories, which glamorizes these shooters, instead of reporting that overall gun violence has decreased since the early 90s. They fail to report on the real racial aspect, that Blacks and Hispanics commit a disproportionate amount of murder and other crimes.

Parents have washed their hands of responsible parenting. Parents are comfortable letting leftist, government indoctrination centers 'educate' their children about what is right and wrong. This among other factors has increased the level of apathy of bystanders. Instead of reporting alarming behaviors and instead of pre-shooters being arrested for crimes they have committed, everyone just stands back and let's this happen.

The government has unwisely created laws that they believe will hamper gun violence but actually makes it easier. This explains why most shootings happen in gun-free zones or in cities with the strictest gun control. If fish could shoot back, would you even walk up to the barrel?

I believe these shootings should receive as much coverage as regular gang violence; a little blurb in the local news only. I believe parents, or some other responsible person who failed to act, should be jailed if their children commit these crimes. I believe gun restrictions should be lifted and we should harden these soft targets with armed security and others.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I don't see gang bangers being deterred by any new laws or them being arrested easier because of them. If we wanted to we could go after gangs harder with existing legislation. Even then, the results will be less than we need.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The only place I'm comfortable having guns banned are places where the main source of income is from selling intoxicants. If you're going to consume alcohol or other mind-altering substances, you better not be carrying.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The public is being held hostage to any and every mentally defective lunatic, with whatever grudge he has against Human life.

Is it crazy to be willing to "sacrifice" one's self for a cause that one truly believes in? How does one go about separating evil from insanity? Are they same thing? I believe in neither God or Satan but I know there are very bad people on this planet.

The mental illness thing is a red herring, unless hate is a mental illness. There is an awful lot of hate in the air, and in the wires.

Maybe, in spite of the rhetoric, rational people understand that.

OK. That sounds pretty real to me too, with the exception of your position on God or Satan.I believe you are right about bad people. Maybe not exactly with you on who the bad ones are?

Sad, but there is a tremendous amount of hate. I hope one day you will understand as I do that most of it was about one side working harder for the Cabal with both party's taking turns at it. And both party's having pulled the cart for the progressive agenda are gaining detractors from within that are willing to point out the truth, warts and all. Like a Gabbert did for the D's and like DJT does daily.

DJT slew the R's and blew the Bushes off with their RINO sycophants in tow. Tulsi Gabbert might be the one D that is moderate enough to gain traction with us moderate types and she sure laid down the skinny on Sen Harris.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join