It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Epidemic of Gun violence and Mass Murder break the back of the Republican Party in 2020 ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Do you see what is going on?

The public is being held hostage to any and every mentally defective lunatic, with whatever grudge he has against Human life.

Not only is he crazy - But to the rest of the World it's getting to appear that the government of the United States is crazy for letting
this to continue.

Many years ago fully automatic machine guns were legal and avaialble to the general public - Back then criminal mobsters with these guns
were a serious problem - So laws were passed restricting their sale and ownership.

Today, its not mobsters, but good old fashioned home grown lunatics who have easy access to high capacity guns - They have become a threat to public safety throughout the United States.

And what does the Republican Party want to do? - Just say its part of the Second Amendment so live [or die] wth it.

Its over - People have had enough, even legitimate gun owners, sportsman, collectors, etc, have had enough.
- 'The right to bear arms' is for self-defense, not mass murder!

If the Republicn Party continues on its anti-gun, and thats what their policies are, anti gun, not pro gun like they want you to believe
- because if this continues you know draconian English style gun laws will become inevitable.

So Mr and Mrs Republican time to show some back bone - Outlaw, or at least highly resrict, the ownership of high capacity firearms
- Preserve the Second Amendment, instead of continuing this reckless policy that is sure to destroy it.

You want the gun lobbies vote, and I define the gun lobby as 'We the People " - We the 'well armed militia' the Second Ammendment was talking about
- And end the insanity ot allowing high capacity firearms to be sold without restriction
edit on 8-8-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2019 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   

The public is being held hostage to any and every mentally defective lunatic, with whatever grudge he has against Human life.

Is it crazy to be willing to "sacrifice" one's self for a cause that one truly believes in? How does one go about separating evil from insanity? Are they same thing? I believe in neither God or Satan but I know there are very bad people on this planet.

The mental illness thing is a red herring, unless hate is a mental illness. There is an awful lot of hate in the air, and in the wires.

Maybe, in spite of the rhetoric, rational people understand that.

edit on 8/8/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Not likely.

Perfect storm. Trump can move forward with executive action. Sure some conservation voters will be pissed. In 2020, some may even choose to stay home and not vote at all. But the left has gone so far off the rails most conservatives will vote for Trump nonetheless.

This should hardly be a surprise, as every election going back several cycles has really been a choice between lesser evils.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Lesser weevils.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Is it crazy to be willing to "sacrifice" one's self for a cause that one truly believes in? How does one go about separating evil from insanity? Are they same thing? I believe in neither God or Satan but I know there are very bad people on this planet.

The mental illness thing is a red herring, unless hate is a mental illness. There is an awful lot of hate in the air, and in the wires.

Maybe, in spite of the rhetoric, rational people understand that.

If it is not a mental health problem in your opinion then what is it then? (In your opinion)

Lags

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Did the 300 plus murders a year in Baltimore alone impact Obama? There is your answer.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Another traitor to the country & constitution - your IP has been logged. Thanks for making your views public.

What does "Shall not be infringed" mean. Is it really so hard to understand?

Keep pushing the red flag laws as well, and other impediments to unalienable rights.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

You have to wonder why is it only America that suffers this? Oh wait there was that guy who did that mass shooting in Norway years back. he had his motivations and manifesto too, but at the end of the day he was a nut job. Something is seriously wrong with these people whatever justification they claim. Nothing whatsoever justifies there actions in anyway, they are sick in the head or Manchurian candidates there are no more explanations.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Did I not make it clear?

Is it crazy to be willing to "sacrifice" one's self for a cause that one truly believes in?

Is a soldier insane?

I believe in neither God or Satan but I know there are very bad people on this planet.

Is a bank robber insane?

Very few people with mental illness are violent. Very few.

What does that leave?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There is a difference between going to war against armed combatants and carrying out mass shootings of innocent citizens! Pfft...

We are all insane to some degree phage, some are driven to violence others not.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

There is a difference between going to war against armed combatants and carrying out mass shootings of innocent citizens!

Dresden? Is the difference in following orders to kill innocent people or in deciding on one's own to kill them.

Did Hitler personally kill anyone? Was he crazy? Or were the crazy ones those who followed his will, knowing better?

We are all insane to some degree phage, some are driven to violence others not.
Words. Red herring words.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Did I not make it clear?

Is it crazy to be willing to "sacrifice" one's self for a cause that one truly believes in?

Is a soldier insane?

I believe in neither God or Satan but I know there are very bad people on this planet.

Is a bank robber insane?

Very few people with mental illness are violent. Very few.

What does that leave?

My 20 year son is in the French army.

He joined the army as he believes in peace and wishes to help maintain peace on a national and international level.

He is insane?

Lags

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
This " ban high capacity mags" thing again ?
Even an amateur shooter, with a bit of practice, can change and fire 3 /10 round mags as fast as firing 30 rounds from 2 / 15 round mags. Infringing on Rights is NEVER the solution.

edit on 8-8-2019 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   

What is the criterion?
Is he willing to die for what he truly believes in?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   

What is the criterion?
Is he willing to die for what he truly believes in?

Yes he is Phage.

And?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Oh Bugger, that time of the day again!
edit on 8-8-2019 by Lagomorphe because: ATS sucked twice...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

And...

does that make someone who truly believes that he is defending his country from Mexican invaders (or gays, or Republicans, or abortion clinics) insane?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Dresden is what happens when people go crazy on mass against some perceived other they have been progandized to utterly despise as their sworn enemy.

Nobody followed Hitlers will knowing better, they followed an ideology believing they were in the right.

You say you don’t believe in evil or that these people aren’t mentally ill. So what do you suggest the cause is then? Don’t throw to many red herrings back at me.

edit on 8-8-2019 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2019 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Why dont the crazy people in other countries do things like open fire on an innocent crowd?

This only happens here.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

You say you don’t believe in evil or that these people aren’t mentally ill.

I did my best to avoid saying either of those things.
What I said is that blaming mass killings on mental illness is a red herring.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join