It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America has a parenting problem

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The only thing we ask of him is that if he starts an activity, he see it through to the end. So a season of basketball is a season of basketball; if he auditions for the play, he does the play. There's no obligation to go back for another round, but he does finish the one he starts.

That right there is more important than you might realize. You sound like a really conscientious in-tune parent. I have a feeling your son is going to turn out to be amazing!

That's our philosophy, too. If you start it, you see it through. If you determine that it isn't your thing, you don't have to do the next phase, but finish the one you started.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sounds like fun.

Hopefully he appreciates your parenting style, if not today then when he grows up and looks back.

I also hope people see what you are doing and follow suit.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

You are right! Though only a few. My dad was a metal head before my mom corrupted him, so I recognized most of it.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's something to do with the planning of destroying America in 1963. Saw a good thread on it. It's part of some plan to # the world up and control it, or something like that.

After I graded hi-school 2 years later, I went back and didn't believe it. They had a day care on high school grounds, some people were calling it little bastards daycare because these kids would get knocked up and then go to school while tax payers paid for their mistakes. So yeah, there's defin something wrong with the planet. It's #d.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Yes! That's the story. I guess I did not try very hard to find it... and I messed up the details a bit.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Actually America does have a a gun problem, a violence problem, a race problem, a homeless problem, a drug problem, parenting problem .... and you can add denial to that list too.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Let's see what Mr. Rogers believed.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimD350

Actually America does have a a gun problem, a violence problem, a race problem, a homeless problem, a drug problem, parenting problem .... and you can add denial to that list too.

Some people can't see the forest for the trees.
Dude, nobody is denying those problems. We just understand that there is a deeper root to the "problem".

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I worked for a while with kids. From preschool up to teenagers. At one place, we had this 5 year old that was just mean. Biting. Punching. Choking. Smashing toys on kids heads etc. every day. They sent in a child psychologist to observe him. She was close to 70 - a little old grey haired lady. Watched him for about two days. At one point, she turned to me and said, "This is not an official diagnosis or opinion because I am not really allowed to say this, but all that boy really needs is an Ass Whoopin'."

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: crunchypeople

but all that boy really needs is an Ass Whoopin'."

There are some adults that need one too, even some on ATS!

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

thank you. I try to make them independent & confident. My youngest is utterly fearless which is not always a good thing, but better than being scared of the world.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

That is very true!

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It appears no one is getting the message.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Point of personal preference: you are absolutely correct.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I think the whole world knows America has a gun problem...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rhombus101
I think the whole world knows America has a gun problem...

I think the whole world "knows" what the media tells them.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join