It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: HIV "set to infect 90 Million Africans"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The U.N. has issued an ominous warning: Nearly 90 million Africans could be infected with HIV in the next 20 years. Currently 25 million have the disease and the U.N. warns that those numbers could explode if nothing is done. The U.N. has further recommended that an additional $200 billion needs to be invested to fight the spread.

news.bbc.co.uk
Nearly 90 million Africans could be infected by HIV in the next 20 years if more is not done to combat the epidemic, the UN has warned.
Some 25 million Africans have HIV, which causes Aids, at present.

The world body estimates the next two decades could see 89 million new cases of the disease in Africa - or up to 10% of the continent's population.

The UN recommends a committed campaign against HIV/Aids - and $200bn (£105bn) of investment - to stem its spread.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Two hundred billion? Are they crazy? Money should be invested in prevention and attempts at stopping the spread. Wasting money to keep people alive for a finite amount of time is wasteful. Its cold and cruel as I am aware, but given the numbers, we simply cannot save everybody and need to protect future generations. In the medical field the concept is known as triage, and thats what needs to be done in this case.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Its cold and cruel as I am aware, but given the numbers, we simply cannot save everybody and need to protect future generations. In the medical field the concept is known as triage, and thats what needs to be done in this case.

And what are your recommendations for the multi-millions of Americans with heart disease, diabetes and Alzheimer's for example? ...More "triage"?

Odd

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
so keeping a finite number of infectees alive for a very finite amount of time is preferable to finding an effective treatment as quickly as possible?

be careful with that one.

dh

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Clear and evidential genocide going on in the African continent
More slow moving and multifarious genocide going on in the West
Well done Drug Cartels, subservient Western 'medicine' of the slash, burn poison kind
Thanks go to Porton Down and all its American offshoots

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well...

1. The UN is jumping for joy about this because it fits in with their population control scheme.

2. People tend to not care because they're Africans.

3. There is a cure for AIDS. I've seen the patent. But damn near NO ONE knows about this.

You know why they're suppressing the cure? Simple: not enough people have died yet.

Why do you think the news keeps mentioning a flu pandemic? Why do I hear about "new" diseases every time I turn on the telly? Because it's all by design...

I don't expect anyone to believe me, and I don't give a $hit. I'm tired of telling people the truth and having them blast me in disbelief. I'm to the point that if someone wants to trust the "benevolent" government, I say go ahead. Just check out the "Black Americans believe AIDS is man-made" thread if you want to see what I mean.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Maybe the best think to so is teach them to help themselves. Set up small medical schools and given them the knowledge and tools to help themselves. Also educating the masses about HIV and how it spreads will help too. Every country has its own problems and its I donot trust giving the UN billions of dollars because there are moles in any human organization that will abuse the funds.

As for a cure being out there, it is possible. I have not heard of any politicians in Washington DC getting full blown AIDS and we know many have indulged themselves in high risk behavior. In the past decade I havent read any reports of any wealthy entertainers getting AIDS either. HIV a weapon of mass genocide does not seem unreasonable to me.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This prooves alone AIDS s a bilogical virus set to kill non whites on this planet.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
This prooves alone AIDS s a bilogical virus set to kill non whites on this planet.

Ummm...What? Would you care to elaborate?

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
And what are your recommendations for the multi-millions of Americans with heart disease, diabetes and Alzheimer's for example? ...More "triage"?

Cute, suble differences in that strawman:

1) The diseases that you describe do not posses a high level of communicability nor are they likely to jump by 300% in the next 15 years either.

2) While Alzheimer's as of yet does not have a cure, the existing medical infrastructure we have can handle them.

So which would you chose? Try to keep people alive with costly drug cocktails for a brief period of time, or try to set up the infrastructure and prevention programs.

The cocktail plan does nothing to prevent the spread of the disease indeen it may actually perpetuate it in greater force. Look only to recent statistics in the US and other countries where risky behavior is on the rise as AIDS has moved from a death sentance to a disease given no more thought than say diabetes.????

top topics

join