It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter banned me without warning or explanation on the night of the #CNNDemDebates.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It's been a couple of days and I followed instructions in their auto-generated email to make an appeal to their sudden permanent suspension in a short confirmation email (to let them know my email address is alive and active), but I felt that they should hear a little more from me so I just wrote them this letter and have given them 3 days to reply, or somehow, by some synchronicity or act of God I will get this information this letter, in front of the Trump Administration to form part of their deliberation on the potentially BIASED heavy-handedness of the tech giants, which is perhaps by far, by many orders of magnitude a greater threat to the integrity of the Democratic process than a Russian troll farm and RT.

Here's the letter

This was my account (which had, at time of suspension, about 7400 followers, and about 7500 followed)

edit on 2-8-2019 by AnkhMorpork because: typo

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

In GOD We Antitrust their Asses ................

edit on 2-8-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I made a twitter account. I went on Trump's page and some Conservative pages.

I never made a single post.

I was banned.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
That might be a little hard to read, so here's the email letter.

To: Twitter Support (reply to their email - re: appealing their decision to ban)

To whom it may concern,

I might have accidentally submitted two appeal notices in response to my recent suspension from twitter.

I felt I'd reply to this auto email as well, both to to confirm receipt re: that I have a working email address (as requested), and to offer my thoughts and concerns for whatever its worth. (if anyone cares).

My suspension too place suddenly and without any warning or explanation as to any violation of the rules or TOS & it appears to be a permanent ban.

The impression that i have is that my ban took place on the night of the 2nd Democrat CNN Debate when i repeatedly used the hashtag (about 4 or 5 times in different tweets) #KamalaHarrisDestroyed & my suspension appears to involve my strongly stated and expressed political views, which are almost entirely pro-Conservative & pro-Trump.

Perhaps from time to time I may have crossed the line I don't know, since I wasn't given a reference to the particular tweet which violated TOS. I know I've seen 1000's of others say things of much more inflamatory even vile nature, and I try to retain a certain degree of civility and decorum in debates & refrain from any active bullying or harassment of any kind.

It also took place (sudden banning) after I was placed on a train by an account named Bob_Washington, who then blocked me for some reason (I also noted that he wasn't followed by a single one of my 7000+ followers. Or it could have been in relation to a tweet i made about Snopes, which might have contained insensitive language towards certain groups of people, a tweet which I would be more than willing to remove if it might have provoked offense.

Needless to say, I'm a real person, not a bot, and am concerned about any bias that might have played a role based on my activism & political orientation even if, technically, a TOS violation was identified, which ordinarily results in a warning and a temporary, not a permanent suspension.

Frankly, my primary concern isn't the potentially permanent loss of my account (as you know a lot of time and energy can end up being spent in the growth & development of a twitter account) since I'd developed a bit of a twitter addiction ie: you might have done me a big favor, but instead

the silencing of my unique "voice" in the public square of ideas whereby, without warning and without letting me know, it was essentially severed and cut off such that my freedom of speech and free self-expression and sharing of ideas and information of potential benefit to others, has been silenced and thus constrained at least it it relates to the twitter community (not the only platform).

Without any knowledge or understanding as to the nature of the infraction or the judgement made in suspending my account, I'm left perplexed as to the cause or the motivation behind the sudden and, to me, inexplicable silencing of my speech and free self-expression - which is potentially concerning and perhaps pertinent to the notion that political bias may for a part, however large or small in determining who to ban and who to allow to remain, even when they may be posting obvious TOS violations, one of which I reported showing a simulated murder of Donald Trump and for which I received no reply or follow up, even if only to say that the reported tweet somehow did not violate your TOS or rules.

Therefore, if I don't receive a reply to this letter or an explanation as to my account's suspension or an opportunity to remedy the situation via direct communication from you (a representative of Twitter), I've decided that while I've been fortuitously relieved of my Twitter addiction (deleted the app on my phone also), that I will make every effort to bring this "predicament" to the attention of the authorities for whom such issues are of current and immediate interest for determining if any political bias may form the basis of such decision making in terms of who to ban, and who to allow to post (even if showing the simulated murder of the President of the United States).

The implications could be significant. Therefore, I urge your timely attention to this matter, and will expect to receive a reply within three days as stated in your email.

Thank you, for your time, and consideration.

Sincerely

Chusai aka Robert

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
You have so many followers. They could not let you live

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
You have so many followers. They could not let you live

I wonder if Q will see this? ; )

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   

They don't give a rat's ankle about your letter, and it will change nothing. It looks to me this is more about wanting to share it with ATS for some back pats.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Cynic.

No, I thought I'd get the process rolling in potentia.

If you had any idea who watches ATS, it would cook your noodle ie: if you could ping the visiting IP addresses here.

Eyeballs on it, is what I wanted, not pats on the back, no, you're mistaken.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Why would you want to support a business that actively censors and bans people? I dont get it, are followers and likes and hearts that important in your life? Start supporting a platform that doesnt act like fascist nazis. This isnt rocket science.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Or more attention on what twitter is doing.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If you had any idea who watches ATS, it would cook your noodle ie: if you could ping the visiting IP addresses here.

What does a ping tell you about who uses a specific IP address?

nothing.

link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
It's been a couple of days and I followed instructions in their auto-generated email to make an appeal to their sudden permanent suspension in a short confirmation email (to let them know my email address is alive and active), but I felt that they should hear a little more from me so I just wrote them this letter and have given them 3 days to reply, or somehow, by some synchronicity or act of God I will get this information this letter, in front of the Trump Administration to form part of their deliberation on the potentially BIASED heavy-handedness of the tech giants,

Oh, wow! I bet they are running scared. What are you going to do if they tell you to take a hike, or even worse, ignore you? I'm thinking maybe you're not all that important in the scheme of things and that neither Twitter nor Trump give a rat's behind what you are upset about.

link   

I really wish that there was a way to impact these censoring ideologues.

But they have politicians in their back pocket, they have roughly half the population cheering censorship.

Hell, these leftists cheer statues being torn down! Censorship, book burning is nothing to these cowardly weak assholes.

I feel your irritation.

Wish there was something I could do, other than being the trouble-making assclown that I already am.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Why would you want to support a business that actively censors and bans people? I dont get it, are followers and likes and hearts that important in your life? Start supporting a platform that doesnt act like fascist nazis. This isnt rocket science.

Yes, but with Twitter, it's amazing who you can get in the face of and thus, how influencial your voice or ideas can be in shaping the debate in the public arena.

Unfortunately, they got "lock in". I don't want to go to a right-wing conservative echo chamber like Gab, and don't have the time to join another similar social media platform like Mastadon or whatever.

I like the IMPACT of Twitter, not the ethos of the people who own and run it, who may be very bad people in fact.

I think their day of reckoning is coming however & it would sure be nice to play a small part in that.

I like to turn everything to the good, and it's important to stand up for one's rights and freedoms including freedom of speech and free and full self-expression, provided you're not causing harm.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I might be next

😧

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
It's been a couple of days and I followed instructions in their auto-generated email to make an appeal to their sudden permanent suspension in a short confirmation email (to let them know my email address is alive and active), but I felt that they should hear a little more from me so I just wrote them this letter and have given them 3 days to reply, or somehow, by some synchronicity or act of God I will get this information this letter, in front of the Trump Administration to form part of their deliberation on the potentially BIASED heavy-handedness of the tech giants,

Oh, wow! I bet they are running scared. What are you going to do if they tell you to take a hike, or even worse, ignore you? I'm thinking maybe you're not all that important in the scheme of things and that neither Twitter nor Trump give a rat's behind what you are upset about.

There was no need for that snide and cynical remark.

There's a saying, that, when you commiserate with your neighbor and they're kind-hearted, they will thank you, but if they're hard-hearted, they will scorn you.

Don't tell me you're a Democrat or leftist and that you belittling of me is in some way biased by a political viewpoint? I sure hope not.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Surprise. Twitter is full of twits. And they're not famous for their ability to tolerate things that get them bent out of shape.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I might be next

😧

I knew you there. Thanks for all the likes!

It was strange they I never did get the usual auto-reply when I reported that guy's tweets with pics of a simulated murder of Trump and other sick, satanic stuff.

I somehow ended up on their radar - so they cut me down in my prime as my account was starting to get some good action even in spite of all their throttling, which I also experienced.

They are a grave threat to the integrity of the Democratic process in the lead up to 2020, twitter, Facebook and Google, perhaps infinitely moreso than any foreign interference from Russia or whoever.

This is serious stuff and anyone who makes light of it is out of touch with what's going on these days.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
So you believe most of the people in the country are using twitter to determine the direction they believe the country should move? lol.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
So you believe most of the people in the country are using twitter to determine the direction they believe the country should move? lol.

I never said that, only that it is or can be impactful and influencial depending on how it's used.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join