It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Century of UFO Sightings in the United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Source Credit: www.kaggle.com...

Context
This dataset contains over 80,000 reports of UFO sightings over the last century.

Content
There are two versions of this dataset: scrubbed and complete. The complete data includes entries where the location of the sighting was not found or blank (0.8146%) or have an erroneous or blank time (8.0237%). Since the reports date back to the 20th century, some older data might be obscured. Data contains city, state, time, description, and duration of each sighting.

edit on 2-8-2019 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
The thread has potential but at the moment it is little more than a "go look at this" post we see all the time on Twitter or Reddit. I think you dived in too soon and should have fleshed this out more.

If you want to grab some attention and get people discussing things then you perhaps could have done an analysis of the attached data and posted that. Maybe there are certain hotspots in the USA? Or maybe there were certain times when UFO sightings peaked?

I'm probably the last person you would want to take advice from. But with a bit more work this could have been really interesting post. However I'll leave it you to decide whether to put a bit more work into this.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

You need a new avatar pic.

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
80,000 sightings.
0 ET or craft on display

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That's your MO (modus operandi). I'm not here to serve a purpose other than to share information I think others might find interesting. Neither am I going to go into one of your TL;DR (too long, don't read) posts that consists of nothing but copy pasta flavored with personal opinion. Your posts are so unbelievably long they become boring. But that's my opinion.

The graphic is pretty self explanatory and usually the adage, "less is more" suffices. The net result is to show where the highest concentration of sightings have occurred in a 100 year time frame. If you have to be told the majority of sightings occur over the areas of the country where population density is highest...well...then you're not thinking pragmatically.

It was just an interesting visual graphic. Nothing more.

new topics

top topics

join