It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy: U.S. Government Hates Rappers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I just want to chime in on something here.

Please note that I did not waste any time reading any opinions or thoughts put forth on this thread.

All I have to say is,

Yes, the government hates people and their propoganda stating that getting drunk, having wild sex with multiple partners, selling crack, smoking other various drugs, killing, fighting, murdering, stealing, non stop on the block is a good thing.

Young kids idolize those untalented jerks. I am not talking about r&b. I am talking about rap. Even the stuff they play on the radio. It is garbage. Those disgusting jerk's like 50 cent, and lil kim should not be marketed to young children like they are., let alone anyone.

So, if the government hates rap, they hate the lifestyle it supports. Let me tell you so do I. It is a shame that more people don't share these views.... I am sure many of those same people who disagree with me complain an awful lot about how crappy life is for them.

They hate it? No conspiracy, it is what the majority of righteous citizens want. Do you honestly think that that nonsense and garbage is good for this country, or our children?? I really hope that I missed the point of this thread. Because if you are upset that people in the government hate this, then you are a moron.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I don't believe the ignorance and unfair judgements made against rap in this thread... Seriously. The post above by the Truth being a prime example of ignorance.

Keep spouting ignorance and stupidity and the thread will be closed.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Unfair?

Rap is probably the single most destructive force in society today. Turn on your radio dial. WHat do you hear? An untalented guy named ofter change talking about whats wrong with this country.

It is sick. It is unfoar to our youth. Rap is destructive. There is so much garbage out there today, but nothing even comes close to comparing with rap. Ignorance is when you don't admit it. It is when you become part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Unfair?

Rap is probably the single most destructive force in society today. Turn on your radio dial. WHat do you hear? An untalented guy named ofter change talking about whats wrong with this country.

It is sick. It is unfoar to our youth. Rap is destructive. There is so much garbage out there today, but nothing even comes close to comparing with rap. Ignorance is when you don't admit it. It is when you become part of the problem.

You're just trying to get the thread shut down right? How can music be a destroying force in society? Think about the war on drugs, now that's a destroying force in society. And you are part of the problem here at ats, yes that means you are ignorant. There is worse music than rap and there are worse people than you but your posting in this thread is one of the worst. Take it else where. Your hate isn't needed.

You just hate rap or black people too?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Society is it's own destructive force and doesn't need rap to do that. Plain and Simple. And furthermore, there is a lot of uplifting, positive rap out there.

Just look at Kanye West and NAS for example.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Kanye west...such a good example.

"and 2 and 3 and 4 and get them sit ups right and
Tuck your tummy tight and do your crunches like this
Give head, stop breathe, get up, check your weave
Don't drop the blunt and disrespect the weed
Pick up your son and don't disrespect your seed
It's a party tonight and ooh she's so excited
Tell me who's invited: you, your friends and my dick
What's scary to me is Henny makes girls look like Halle Berry to me
So excuse me miss, I forgot your name
Thank you, God bless you, good night I came.."

HMMMMM Interesting. He refers to god as always...IN THE SAME SENTENCE AS HE REFERS TO EJACULATING IN A WOMAN. He speaks of weed and respecting the blundt in the same sentence.

Yeah bandit...just look at kanye west..... Nice

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Rappers are talented? Please!
I have not heard one single rap song that has any positive message to today's youth.
Heck i can do a rapper's income tax return just by listening to his song. I got this and i got that. Thats truth? No one's interested in how much money they have. Most videos just promote the use of drugs, violence and getting b*tches. Yea thats wonderful! Exactly what today's youth need to learn. How do i make a quick buck and look cool and get all the b*tches.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s
Rappers are talented? Please!
I have not heard one single rap song that has any positive message to today's youth.
Heck i can do a rapper's income tax return just by listening to his song. I got this and i got that. Thats truth? No one's interested in how much money they have. Most videos just promote the use of drugs, violence and getting b*tches. Yea thats wonderful! Exactly what today's youth need to learn. How do i make a quick buck and look cool and get all the b*tches.

so you are admitting you are ignorant about rap ok..looks like you need to be educated.

There is good rap there is bad rap

there are good people there are bad people

there are good cars there are bad cars

there are goot ats posters there are bad ats posters....which one are you

get the picture wise guy?

before you generalize anything or anyone go look in the mirror. are you white? would you like me to tell you all white people are racist? no, that's bad....just as bad for you to say all rap is bad without talent.

thanks

have a nice day

IGNORE

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Look buddy, there's no need to get into an argument about opinions here. Good or bad rap is a matter of opinion.
Educate me. Give me an example of good rap with a positive message?

get the picture wise guy?

Ehem...Wise girl.

before you generalize anything or anyone go look in the mirror. are you white? would you like me to tell you all white people are racist? no, that's bad....just as bad for you to say all rap is bad without talent.

What? I'm racist now? Hey that should get you warned buddy. How the heck did you jump to that conclusion. Did I say anything against black people? Yes, almost every rapper is black. So by denouncing rap i'm negating any talent in black people? Your logic is totally flawed.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

What? I'm racist now? Hey that should get you warned buddy. How the heck did you jump to that conclusion. Did I say anything against black people? Yes, almost every rapper is black. So by denouncing rap i'm negating any talent in black people? Your logic is totally flawed.

My logic is flawed? You said there are no good rappers. Does that mean there are no good white people? Seems simple to me. Of course there are good white people, there are good cars, there are good ATS posters and there is good RAP....

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Give me a good example of a rap song with a positive message?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

How about I just tell you what I'm listening to now

LL Cool J - I need love...it's sweet

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Does that mean there are no good white people? Seems simple to me. Of course there are good white people, there are good cars, there are good ATS posters and there is good RAP....
Wait wait! I'm not attacking the personal life of a rapper. I dont know any personally and I couldnt care less. Sure a rapper could be a good guy offscreen. SO what? I was specific about "Rap" and how knowing how to rap does not require much talent.

link   

How about I just tell you what I'm listening to now

LL Cool J - I need love...it's sweet

link   
Woah...triple posting...

next good rap song with positive message I'm listening too..." The Roof Is On Fire"

[edit on 8-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Kanye west...such a good example.

"and 2 and 3 and 4 and get them sit ups right and
Tuck your tummy tight and do your crunches like this
Give head, stop breathe, get up, check your weave
Don't drop the blunt and disrespect the weed
Pick up your son and don't disrespect your seed
It's a party tonight and ooh she's so excited
Tell me who's invited: you, your friends and my dick
What's scary to me is Henny makes girls look like Halle Berry to me
So excuse me miss, I forgot your name
Thank you, God bless you, good night I came.."

HMMMMM Interesting. He refers to god as always...IN THE SAME SENTENCE AS HE REFERS TO EJACULATING IN A WOMAN. He speaks of weed and respecting the blundt in the same sentence.

Yeah bandit...just look at kanye west..... Nice

So? Don't they do the same thing in Rock? In classic Rock? In Salsa? In Merengue? In Soca?

They have dirty songs in every music genre not only in rap. OK?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Method Man Mary J Blige: you're All I Need
Ghostface: All That I got Is You, Love
2Pac: Dear Mamma, Hold Your Head Up
Black Eyed Peas: Where's the Luv?
Nas: I can, Black Jesus
Public Enemy - Fight the Power
RZA feat Remedy
Education
Wu Tang Clan- For Heavens Sake
Skeelo - I Wish

And while you guys are dissin rap, Yale is studying it.

www.yale.edu...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I was specific about "Rap" and how knowing how to rap does not require much talent.

Can you rap freestyle and on the spot? And make the lyrics rhyme as well??

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
He speaks of weed and respecting the blundt in the same sentence.

And If you have an objection to that, then you would also have an objection to "La Cucaracha" which was often in looney tunes cartoons.

[edit on 8-3-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Don't bring up yale, you'll get a bunch of peole coming in here dissin liberals.

Man we ain't even talking bout free style but now that you bringing it up we got much more to talk about...

I don't freestyle that good but I try and that's positive enough Isis, freestyle is a form of language and music, spittin' it out before writin it out matchin it to the rhythm and beat isn't as easy as you might think

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join